Packers vs Panthers Game Thread: Merry Christmas Edition

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Titans led almost the whole game against Seattle and ended up losing. Now the Lions are trying to do the same

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're an arrogant snot aren't you? Can't let anything go unless all hail you were right. My point was not the coaching is good it's not it sucks. My point is at some point you've got to look at the players suck too. Barry isn't on the field guys.
No, but he decides where and how they line up. He calls the plays. He's responsible when we our safeties 15 yards deep on 3rd and 1, etc. The players can't just willy-nilly take matters into their own hands and defy what he calls or it nothing but chaos. Until you solve the primary problem, the rest is just conjecture. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, ya arrogant snot.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just can't wait till the end of the season now. Barry has got to go tomorrow. MLF risks losing the team if he continues to hang on to him

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but he decides where and how they line up. He calls the plays. He's responsible when we our safeties 15 yards deep on 3rd and 1, etc. The players can't just willy-nilly take matters into their own hands and defy what he calls or it nothing but chaos. Until you solve the primary problem, the rest is just conjecture. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, ya arrogant snot.
You can't hurt my feelings, but thanks for the apology anyway. But the last time, we don't even disagree. I agree with your points about the coaching 100%. But the players suck too. Can't tackle, cover, Rush the passer, get off blocks, on and on and on.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're an arrogant snot aren't you? Can't let anything go unless all hail you were right. My point was not the coaching is good it's not it sucks. My point is at some point you've got to look at the players suck too. Barry isn't on the field guys.
In 1958 the Packers had 15 future HOFers and All pros on the roster. They won 1 game and finished in last place. The next year Lombardi became the head coach and the team did much better. Coaching makes a huge difference.

There is a lot of talent on defense that is playing poorly. Out of position, stupid alignments, unadjustable, and very predictable.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1958 the Packers had 15 future HOFers and All pros on the roster. They won 1 game and finished in last place. The next year Lombardi became the head coach and the team did much better. Coaching makes a huge difference.

There is a lot of talent on defense that is playing poorly. Out of position, stupid alignments, unadjustable, and very predictable.
Physically overmatched too much, can't get off blocks, too often look like they're blockers instead of pass rushers in the pass rush. Name me one guy on this defense who anywhere in this league would be considered elite or a top five player at his position? Too many jags

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Physically overmatched too much, can't get off blocks, too often look like they're blockers instead of pass rushers in the pass rush. Name me one guy on this defense who anywhere in this league would be considered elite or a top five player at his position? Too many jags
Name any of the HOFers on the 58 team who were playing top five at their position.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't hurt my feelings, but thanks for the apology anyway. But the last time, we don't even disagree. I agree with your points about the coaching 100%. But the players suck too. Can't tackle, cover, Rush the passer, get off blocks, on and on and on.
Looks like we just don't see the role of the DC the same way. Like I said, he doesn't know his players. He rarely talks to them if you read between the lines of comments from players last week. He calls the same crap every week and other teams know exactly what he's going to do. He loathes M2M coverage even though that's what we should be doing more of. I just don't understand the mindset of tossing the baby with the bathwater.

Reaction score
I guess what ticks me off is our draft placing took a substantial. Jets Won and Packers won. We just backed up 5 spots in each round.

Oh well. Really bitter sweet Win. I know you guys feel it. We can’t get uncivil with each other it’s Christmas just relax. We’re not Bears fans!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name any of the HOFers on the 58 team who were playing top five at their position.
Weren't they all rookies then in the year before Lombardi's first year? For the last time, I don't disagree with any of your points about the coaching. I'm simply saying, and just watch them play, they're not very good players. There is nobody certainly elite game changers here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like we just don't see the role of the DC the same way. Like I said, he doesn't know his players. He rarely talks to them if you read between the lines of comments from players last week. He calls the same crap every week and other teams know exactly what he's going to do. He loathes M2M coverage even though that's what we should be doing more of. I just don't understand the mindset of tossing the baby with the bathwater.
Agree with all of your points and then some, and the points of others. Simply saying the talent isn't as great as we've been led to believe.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes that was my point. DNA contends it has to be the players too.
Here's why I'm not blaming the players. I have seen every single one of them play outstanding ball at various points. But Joe Barry has LOST THEM. They clearly want him gone as much as anyone and there comes a time when you simply CAN'T give 100% anymore when it appears the guy you're playing for doesn't give a ****. It's part of the psychology of the game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's why I'm not blaming the players. I have seen every single one of them play outstanding ball at various points. But Joe Barry has LOST THEM. They clearly want him gone as much as anyone and there comes a time when you simply CAN'T give 100% anymore when it appears the guy you're playing for doesn't give a ****. It's part of the psychology of the game.
Solid points all. But I seen too many times of getting out played mano a mano and poor technique. Again, the coaches aren't on the field.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is JB really putting players in the best position to be elite game changers or is he more focused on trying to bend players to his own garbage scheme?
If it's so bad that he's consistently making them look bad, or how about having a mini revolution? How about they screw it I'm going to play the game the way it should be played. Why do I continue to make this guy make me look like an *** playing being 20 yards away from a receiver when he catches the ball, why do I continue to allow him to make me look like an *** playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage on third and three? You get benched? Go to MLS and say this is why and this is this and this is that. You want to side with him? Fine. So cut or trade me right now, but I'm tired of this guy sabotaging my career