Packers vs Cowboys Game Thread: Welcome to The Playoffs Edition

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, even on the most gloriously sunny bright day, there's a huge dark ominous cloud lurking out there eh?
How is it a dark ominous cloud? Even MLF said it wont ever happen again. Obviously it was a phenomenal win in a manner NO ONE saw coming. Its an observation said by others as well as addressed by the damn coach. Let's not be so dramatic. Get over it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any of the starters got hurt in garbage time the MLF bashing would be outrageous. Some people just don't have a clue.
Yep. When you have a massive 4th quarter lead, those points are capital you can spend toward keeping your starters healthy. I'm happy to pay 16 points to have those guys out of the game most of garbage time.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
How is it a dark ominous cloud? Even MLF said it wont ever happen again. Obviously it was a phenomenal win in a manner NO ONE saw coming. Its an observation said by others as well as addressed by the damn coach. Let's not be so dramatic. Get over it.
Lol. Lighten up Francis.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it is now all about how the cowpies blew it and not much about us. And that's a good thing. I don't mind flying under the radar for another week. ;)
You're absolutely right. I've been watching the various national sports news outlets today, and the story isn't how well Green Bay played, and how bright the future looks for the Packers. It's all about the failure of the Cowboys. Well, that's okay, keep overlooking us, you SOBs.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I've been watching the various national sports news outlets today, and the story isn't how well Green Bay played, and how bright the future looks for the Packers. It's all about the failure of the Cowboys. Well, that's okay, keep overlooking us, you SOBs.
watch nfl live first 30 seconds on PACK.....next 30 minutes how about them Cowboys. I wanted throw up.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watch nfl live first 30 seconds on PACK.....next 30 minutes how about them Cowboys. I wanted throw up.

Cowboys had, I believe, 9 pro-bowlers...Green Bay zero.

It doesn't occur to them to respect Green Bay. The have a paradigm and they stick to it as long as they can. If something comes along to ruin the paradigm, they don't revisit it - They look for an aberration to rationalize the outlier. In this case, Dallas, perceived by them to be far superior, must have choked. It can't be that Green Bay is better, because that doesn't align with the paradigm.

Confirmation bias, and all that.

Cheese on Toast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings from sunny Sydney, Australia guys. Just a quick congrats on the great victory over the Cowboys. Watched every play. Fell off a bit in the later part of the game, but still a win for the ages. Looking forward to a 'nothing to lose' dig against the 49ers. You never know where confidence and momentum can take you.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings from sunny Sydney, Australia guys. Just a quick congrats on the great victory over the Cowboys. Watched every play. Fell off a bit in the later part of the game, but still a win for the ages.
It didn't really fall off, MLF started taking starters out and our defense went into a (loose) prevent.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that is OK. I hope the 9ers think that as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
And that is OK. I hope the 9ers think that as well.
There are plenty out there gushing over Love and his young weaponry as well as Jones but you're right, the story is what is Dallas going to do. It's a death watch and they are waiting for the hammers to drop

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty out there gushing over Love and his young weaponry as well as Jones but you're right, the story is what is Dallas going to do. It's a death watch and they are waiting for the hammers to drop
I shouldn't be surprised. There have been many years when the Cowboys were basically irrelevant, but they were still the focus of a LOT of stories. They're the most valuable franchise after all, and the most popular NFL team. And media darlings too, apparently.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having a FG kicker probably changed some of the play calling. That likely contributed to the devastating failure on the 4th down sneak.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having a FG kicker probably changed some of the play calling. That likely contributed to the devastating failure on the 4th down sneak.
Not on the 4th down sneak. We were at the 10 yard line. When it is that close a coach hates getting railed for kicking a FG when he is inches from a 1st down. Now it does impact why we try to get close and closer when you have a kicker you cannot trust.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not on the 4th down sneak. We were at the 10 yard line. When it is that close a coach hates getting railed for kicking a FG when he is inches from a 1st down. Now it does impact why we try to get close and closer when you have a kicker you cannot trust.
Carlson has missed plenty of 33 yards extra points so going for it on 4th down becomes more likely when you don't trust your kicker to make a short kick.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carlson has missed plenty of 33 yards extra points so going for it on 4th down becomes more likely when you don't trust your kicker to make a short kick.
It does from 45-55 yards for sure. MM would either punt or go for it from out there because he did not feel good about Crosby and our defense especially in bad weather. Even if our kicker is the great Adam Vinatieri MLF would go for it. Coming away with 3 when you only need inches is not what any team would do at that range unless it is the last play of a half.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does from 45-55 yards for sure. MM would either punt or go for it from out there because he did not feel good about Crosby and our defense especially in bad weather. Even if our kicker is the great Adam Vinatieri MLF would go for it. Coming away with 3 when you only need inches is not what any team would do at that range unless it is the last play of a half.
MLF was in a bind. He should've factored in how bad the O line is in short yardage. They were getting stoned. Their good pass blockers but get manhandled in short yardage. I'd would've rather seen them go play action on those disastrous short yardage plays instead of the predictable getting beat at the LOS.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bothered me about the 4th down play was the way they rushed to get it off. IMO it was a bad spot on 3rd down. Give your guys a chance to see a replay and maybe just maybe you challenge and get the 1st that way. IMO.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF was in a bind. He should've factored in how bad the O line is in short yardage. They were getting stoned. Their good pass blockers but get manhandled in short yardage. I'd would've rather seen them go play action on those disastrous short yardage plays instead of the predictable getting beat at the LOS.
Right. The Eagles run that scrum sneak to perfection. They have what is needed. Now IF Rodgers was our QB no way does MLF call that sneak. The key was 3rd down. We needed Dillon or a bootleg.

Members online

Latest posts