* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Packers vs. Broncos Game Info​

• Game Day: Sunday, October 22, 2023
  • Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
  • Stadium: Empower Field at Mile High
  • TV Channel: CBS
Denver ground and pound offense, their only bright spot, vs the GB sieve defense. Unless something got fixed over the bye week I'd start the Denver RBs in my fantasy league.
On the bright side
"Packers fans are invited to bring the spirit of Green Bay to Denver a day early with a free Packers Everywhere pep rally at 6 p.m. MT on Saturday, Oct. 21.
The festivities will take place at Tom's Watch Bar located at 1601 19th St., Unit 100, Denver. Pre-rally festivities and prizing will begin at 4 p.m."

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers vs. Broncos Game Info​

• Game Day: Sunday, October 22, 2023
  • Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
  • Stadium: Empower Field at Mile High
  • TV Channel: CBS
Denver ground and pound offense, their only bright spot, vs the GB sieve defense. Unless something got fixed over the bye week I'd start the Denver RBs in my fantasy league.
On the bright side
"Packers fans are invited to bring the spirit of Green Bay to Denver a day early with a free Packers Everywhere pep rally at 6 p.m. MT on Saturday, Oct. 21.
The festivities will take place at Tom's Watch Bar located at 1601 19th St., Unit 100, Denver. Pre-rally festivities and prizing will begin at 4 p.m."
So this is a Battle of the Bads?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here is some league rankings which may surprise folks:

Currently Green Bay is slightly below middle at 14th worst in rushing yards allowed per attempt at 4.3 (worst is Broncos at 5.6)
They are 9th best in net yards allowed per pass attempt at 5.5 (best is 4.0 Ravens)
They are 11th best in Yards allowed per play at 4.9 (best is 3.8 Browns)

Folks, Barry should still be fired - but his defense isn't really the issue this year the vast majority of the time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also for those saying it is a battle between two of the worst teams...here is how Broncos and Packers match up. Truthfully offensively we are quite similar with them being more productive on ground...but defensively their team is literally AUTROCIOUS.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here is some league rankings which may surprise folks:

Currently Green Bay is slightly below middle at 14th worst in rushing yards allowed per attempt at 4.3 (worst is Broncos at 5.6)
They are 9th best in net yards allowed per pass attempt at 5.5 (best is 4.0 Ravens)
They are 11th best in Yards allowed per play at 4.9 (best is 3.8 Browns)

Folks, Barry should still be fired - but his defense isn't really the issue this year the vast majority of the time.
As long as we play pass first defense we cannot consistently stop the run.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Also for those saying it is a battle between two of the worst teams...here is how Broncos and Packers match up. Truthfully offensively we are quite similar with them being more productive on ground...but defensively their team is literally AUTROCIOUS.

Even with the Packers offensive woes, I think they can score on the Broncos. I like their chances in this one. I say this fully knowing that the Packers could easily lose this one. I'm going Packers 27 Broncos 16.

Krabs

Reaction score
This is a team that was losing to the ******* Bears by 21 in the 4th Q. If we lose this game, we have MAJOR issues.
They already lost to the Falcons and Raiders. More namely, the Raiders who have been a mess of an organization since Rich Gannon was their QB and Jerry Rice was their WR.

The Packers have major issues. They could definitely lose this game.

Reaction score
Green Bay should win this game if they don’t then a wild card spot is gonna be tough and they are in a massive hole
Amen. On the reverse side, if we steal another Road contest we’re at .500 and hosting a struggling Vikings team at Lambeau.
It all starts now. Win this week and we’re right back in the mix. I’d love to see us put up at least 10+ points in 1st Half. Matt may want to shake it up by scripting the 1st 2 drives in a hurry up offense.

We’re playing good D overall. Maybe Script a fake Punt if out of immediate scoring range (between the 40’s)

Last edited:

Krabs

Reaction score
Amen. On the reverse side, if we steal another Road contest we’re at .500 and hosting a struggling Vikings team at Lambeau.
It all starts now. Win this week and we’re right back in the mix. I’d love to see us put up at least 10+ points in 1st Half. Matt may want to shake it up by scripting the 1st 2 drives in a hurry up offense.

We’re playing good D overall. Maybe Script a fake Punt if near midfield and less than 5

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver is a hot mess.

Time for MLF to prove if he has what it takes. A pitiful defense you have 2 weeks to prepare for should be a recipe for success. I'm going Packers 32 Denver 17.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Green Bay should win this game if they don’t then a wild card spot is gonna be tough and they are in a massive hole

EDIT: Posted this before I scrolled any further. Ah well, I guess it is worth a repeat. Yeah, this team is further away from "playoff ready" than the 2022 team that would have had to win the last 5 games to squeak in.

Let's just keep developing these young guys, especially LOVE.

While I agree with @tynimiller assessment on the Defense statistically not performing all that bad, I still would say that with the talent they have, they should be more dominant in games. Also, besides the Lions, it isn't like the Packers have played any offensive Juggernauts.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a take that people are not going to like.

I hold as much likelihood that GB loses to Broncos as I do we win.

Reason is we are simply a growing pain of a roller coaster...when we look good - we look DAMN good, when we look bad we look DAMN bad.

Mix in the fact that Broncos are licking serious wounds and yet still have Sean Payton and Russell Wilson leading this team - love em or hate em, both are better than their records hold.

I'm more nervous about this game than any other so far...mainly because the fallout of a loss is going to be to an ignorant level we've not seen in GB in my lifetime I think...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here's a take that people are not going to like.

I hold as much likelihood that GB loses to Broncos as I do we win.

Reason is we are simply a growing pain of a roller coaster...when we look good - we look DAMN good, when we look bad we look DAMN bad.

Mix in the fact that Broncos are licking serious wounds and yet still have Sean Payton and Russell Wilson leading this team - love em or hate em, both are better than their records hold.

I'm more nervous about this game than any other so far...mainly because the fallout of a loss is going to be to an ignorant level we've not seen in GB in my lifetime I think...
I would agree with that assessment. The "sad" part is, the Broncos are not that good of a team, but right now, the Packers are very capable of playing like a bad team too.

As far as being nervous for this game, at this point, I only worry about major injuries to key starters. This season is going to be full of roller coaster rides, both good and bad. Beyond that, let em' grow and develop, win or lose.

Reaction score
I still think if we play C+ grade ball on Offense we can Win in Denver. Having Aaron Jones back opens our playbook some as we’ve been tiptoeing around for several weeks.

I’d like to see us use both RB’s in the passing game some. Through 5 contests RB1-2 have combined receptions of
5/9 (55.55%)
99 yards
19.8 per
1 TD
2-1stDowns

Last season Dillon/Jones combined for
87/115 (76.5%)
601 yards
6.9 per
5 TD’s
28-1st Downs

Matt did this last year by ignoring the Running game to a degree (early on) Once it was brought to his attention in a post game session he remarked he would look at that and he didn’t even realize the lack or run disparity. We immediately increased our Run count and started putting Wins together, so it obviously did not hurt us.
It goes to show you sometimes we can’t see the forest through the trees.
We need to get back to what was (and still is apparently above) successful. Get his veterans utilized more in space.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stenavich is calling the offensive plays or is MLF? Stenavich was made the OC in 2022 and I have to wonder if that was a poor move on MLF's part.

Rodgers may have covered up for some of the deficiencies in play calling last season, by audibling out of calls he didn't like, but that doesn't seem to be the case as much with an inexperienced QB like Love. Even with Rodgers, this offense was questionable.

Yes, the players have to execute the plays, but the coaches need to set them up for success, in the plays that they call. I don't always get the feeling that the play calling this season has been doing that. Nor do I get the feeling that the offensive coaches are making proper in game adjustments, but seem to try and stick to what they think SHOULD work.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Massive contract extensions are starting to be a curse for us....

Bakh....and now Jaire....

Jaire back on the Injury report today (back) and while his play has suffered this year, a lot of it has to be health as in and out of practice as he has been.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's to be any real and noticeable improvement this season, it has to start this week. This is a Tailor Made get well game.
I'll stick with high confidence one more time. Packers, 31-17.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stenavich is calling the offensive plays or is MLF? Stenavich was made the OC in 2022 and I have to wonder if that was a poor move on MLF's part.

Rodgers may have covered up for some of the deficiencies in play calling last season, by audibling out of calls he didn't like, but that doesn't seem to be the case as much with an inexperienced QB like Love. Even with Rodgers, this offense was questionable.

Yes, the players have to execute the plays, but the coaches need to set them up for success, in the plays that they call. I don't always get the feeling that the play calling this season has been doing that. Nor do I get the feeling that the offensive coaches are making proper in game adjustments, but seem to try and stick to what they think SHOULD work.
MLF calls the plays. Stenavich may help develop the game plan during the week, but MLF is the actual O coordinator.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Massive contract extensions are starting to be a curse for us....

Bakh....and now Jaire....

Jaire back on the Injury report today (back) and while his play has suffered this year, a lot of it has to be health as in and out of practice as he has been.
Yeah. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Just more data to consider when the Packers and other teams are contemplating committing a lot of money/cap space to one player.

Guaranteed money can really bite ya in the **** when a player us injured and/or his output declines.

Reaction score

I don’t know. That thought does bring up a memory of the Philbin/Mcarthy era. You probably remember when they switched roles and I think Mike took on playcalling
If we recall we went through a similar slump.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts