Packers vs Broncos thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of posters being accused of panicking because of pointing out areas of weakness that occurred in previous games.

Spot on Captain. Sure there are a few Chicken Littles out there, but isn't the point of this site is to be able to discuss all things Packers, good or bad? If all some people see are a 6-0 team with no room for improvement, then they might want to clean off their rose tinted glasses. As I and many have said, 6-0 is awesome, perfection really, as far as records go......but to make it all the way to a Super Bowl victory, improvements need to be made on both sides of the ball. When both the Offense and the Defense are playing consistently good, it will be then that most of us will know they are truly ready to beat any team on any given Sunday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, very true.

I still think some of it sounds like panic with a touch of over reaction thrown in for good measure.
I'll accept over reaction, maybe. Some of us are at the age when we don't have too many more years to see another Championship. 7 isn't enough for me.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With both teams coming off the bye, this game should be interesting. This is really the only time in the season where the coaches have time to really step back and make large adjustments to their schemes.

The big story in Denver is just how bad Peyton has been. Personally, I don't see a ton of difference in the past few years. IMO the only thing that's changed physically is his accuracy on the shorter routes. That has definitely been a little bit worse this year. Teams have just figured out how much you can sell out on the shorter routes. The longer throws on the outside are a very low percentage throw for Peyton and have been for a few years.

In more than a couple of the Broncos games this year the opponent has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They have feasted on inexperienced/mistake prone QB's and the Packers have maybe the NFL's most protective QB. I don't see Rodgers giving them so many easy turnovers.

Michael Fagg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but I also know I seen alot of great throws in good coverage. Not saying it was perfect but there was alot of perfect throws. Just my opinion.

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, I am going to pick the Packers to win but I think it would be easier if Dom would mix up and become a lot more unpredictable with his defensive play calling.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone knows that every team has weaknesses and occasionally those weaknesses will be exploited. In some cases it's not even a weakness, it is a great performance by a pretty damned good QB who maybe caught us with our guard down a little bit. The Chargers are a professional football team too and they get played to perform just like we do. Just because Rivers threw for half a century doesn't mean everyone, or anyone, else will. Even if we change nothing.

Of the 5 QBs the packers faced prior to Rivers none threw for over 300 yards. Smith came closest at 290. Two were held under 200 (Foles and Kaepernick) Cutler held the 2nd highest total at just 225 and Wilson barely managed to break 200 with 206. If the Packers truly had such a horrid defense that Rivers could torch them for 500 yards then surely one of the other 5 QBs they faced should have been able to do a little better. I get it that they may not be as good as Rivers but hey, the Packers pass defense is so bad it just gave up 500 yards.

I get the feeling that for some the pass defense against San Diego is the weakness DeJour. If we hold Manning to under 200 no TDs and 2 interceptions but we give up 225 rushing to Anderson or Hillman some of these same people will be saying "Oh sure we get the pass defense fixed but now our run defense sucks" then the next week when Carolina only manages 225 total yards on offense but breaks two kicks for TDs and Crosby misses two FGs and Masthey has a punt blocked our defense will be saved but our special teams will be out downfall.

I don't like the fact that we gave up 500 yards to Rivers but the fact that they only managed 20 points and we won the game has a pretty big mitigating effect. If Manning manages to do the same and we lose then maybe something is wrong. When looking at the season up until now however I would ask you this. Given the 6 pass defense performances thus far which one do you think is the outlier and which ones do you think are more indicative of the way this team can really play? Some will bring up the QBs we played against in those games and yes that is a factor but if you ask me I'd say the first 5 are probably a lot closer to what this team is capable of than the last one.

We are all Packers fans here but we all react to situations differently. Maybe the trend is a little closer to concern than panic for most but I do think there is way too much over reaction over the pass defense performance against San Diego. Captain got a lot of agreement for his post as well he should. He brings up a lot of valid points. . I agree that the coaches and players are working hard to find out just what mistakes were made against the Chargers but I won't go so far as to say they are working hard to fix a weakness because I'm not convinced a weakness exists. I also find it a little funny that for some people all they talk about is winning is all that matters but all of a sudden if there is something they feel is a bigger issue winning almost seems to take a back seat. What is most important to me right now as far as the Packers are concerned is that they are 6-0. I'm convinced the players and coaches will figure out what happened against the Chargers and whatever mistakes were made they won't happen again or at least not at that level.

I can't believe I just spent so much time on this but even more surprising is that so many of you spent so much time reading it.

Go Packers.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, for one, am not "panicking".

Further, for no particular reason what-so-ever, I happen to believe the Packers will defeat both Denver AND Carolina.

What I do believe in.......is destiny.

And the 50+ year Packer fan within me believes this is our year.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can win both the next two games. Even if lost both it would not be the end of the world. There a lot hype with Rodgers Manning thing...... Right now I think we are most complete team in football.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No Panic here. I also thought San Diego had a great game plan when adjustments were made. Rivers was on fire, there receivers were making difficult catches and I thought for the most part our coverage wasn't that bad. Rivers stood in the pocket and delivered strikes all game long. And when Rivers did miss our guys dropped interceptions that they usually would catch. I saw at least two.

Moving on to Denver: I don't see Peyton Manning having the same success as Rivers did. In fact, if we can get after him and get him off his spot there will be ample opportunity for "picks" by our secondary. Denver has a mediocre offensive line so I think we get to Manning.

IMO there defense does pose a threat but with getting Davante back I think we will be okay. I "Love" -3
in this game.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning looks washed up now and Newton has never been a good QB. It will be disappointing if we don't win both games.

D

Deleted member 6794

He's playing great football, though...

Newton hasn't been a great passer this season either but he's a rushing threat and finds ways to win games. Their defense is a major reason the Panthers are undefeated though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Newton scares me much more then Manning. Although Newton's numbers aren't at "tier 1 level" he is doing something that he didn't do much of in the past which is "closing games out" and playing well when it counts. I see these as two QB's heading in "different directions."

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newton hasn't been a great passer this season either but he's a rushing threat and finds ways to win games. Their defense is a major reason the Panthers are undefeated though.
I haven't watched much of the Panthers this season. Did they dramatically improve their defense compared to last year or something? Because we know what happened when we played them last season...

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams, Morgan Burnett, Nick Perry and B.J. Raji returned to practice today. Ty Montgomery (ankle) and James Starks (unknown) only two players not participating.

D

Deleted member 6794

I haven't watched much of the Panthers this season. Did they dramatically improve their defense compared to last year or something? Because we know what happened when we played them last season...

I haven't watched the Panthers play a ton either but for whatever the reason they have turned a corner after week 13 of last season and have won 10 regular season games in a row, allowing an average of 15.3 points. I think it's fair to assume the Packers will face a better team than in week 7 of the 2014 season.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Panthers play a ton either but for whatever the reason they have turned a corner after week 13 of last season and have won 10 regular season games in a row, allowing an average of 15.3 points. I think it's fair to assume the Packers will face a better team than in week 7 of the 2014 season.
I think we can and will win both of these upcoming games.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can and will win both of these upcoming games.

I know we can win both of them and I think we will win them both as well but Denver and Carolina are both good teams (I don't care who your opponents are you don't go 6-0 in the NFL if you don't have a good team) so it would not surprise me if we lost one or both. The thing is Bronco fans and Carolina fans are also saying I think we can and will beat the Packers and if I were a fan of either team I'd be saying it as well. Its a legitimate opinion. We will be in for a hell of game in two weeks. No matter what happens this coming week it will be for the lead in the NFC.

Members online

Latest posts