Best/Worst PFF week 8 vs Vikings

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry been delayed getting this out there to everyone here. Again don't declare I trust these grades as gospel, they're one metric or measurement of grading that exists out there. I encourage anyone really wanting to break stuff down pay the NFL + membership and watch the All22 tape (one benefit is even out of network - you can minimum listen to the radio calls and almost immediately watch the game condensed minutes after it ends...I've waited before and watched games around 5pm that were 1pm games without knowing the verdict).

Minimum 10 snaps

Best Defense:
Most anyone watching the film could have instantly guessed IMO four of these (I would have missed Campbell being on here)

Preston Smith - 92.8
Devonte Wyatt - 89.6
TJ Slaton - 82.3
De'Vondre Campbell - 78.8
Colby Wooden - 75.7

Best Offense:

Elgton Jenkins - 76.5....so far tape tells me this is Jenkins best game the whole year....he truly has not been great honestly.
Zach Tom - 68.4
AJ Dillon 64.2
Jordan Love - 63.7....I still say again he is waaaay too easy of a scapegoat for many and he is NOT the main issue...we need more from him but not the main issue.
Dontayvion Wicks - 63.4

Worst Defense:

Karl Brooks - 41.2 missed tackles/run weakness on a couple plays destroyed his day...two hurries and a blocked kick have me shocked he is this low.
Rasul Douglas - 47.4
Rashan Gary - 50.4
Jonathan Owens - 54.2
Jaire Alexander - 55.0 ...everyone knows I've been on the trade him while he is still a hot commodity...because for whatever reason I feel he is going to be a detriment to this team in a year or two....

Worst Offense:
Tucker Kraft - 41.0....if he just becomes a blocker that can at minimum get ran over by his man vs blown by it will be an improvement (bad thing is he may still be better blocker than Musgrave)
Rasheed Walker - 53.0...experiment may be over till next year.
Aaron Jones - 54.2
Josh Myers - 54.6
Yosh Nijman - 55.7

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today Stenavich stated there are no plans to move Tom to Center permanently, and that OC Josh Myers is playing his best ball ever. Gute was quick to agree with that sentiment.

Myers has been a seemingly permanent member of the 5 WORST players, per PFF's grading system, nearly EVERY week!! Is the administration gaslighting we fans OR are they that clueless & believe today's crap is much better than previous yeas' huge crap?

Just checked & Myers was in the top 5 once this season, somewhere in the middle (3) times & in bottom 5 (3) times. Is his best football good enough?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wyatt is silently having a good (but unspectacular) year. What’s odd though is his lower 48% D snaps.
As a comparison TJ has 58% and obviously Kenny hovers around 80% season to season.
However Watt and Karl have been on average our 2nd and 3rd best DL from a productivity per snaps standpoint. I’m not sure why we are holding them back some? Is it more to get a look at Colby? Idk

Maybe his Run D grade is down? That number above looks stellar
It doesn’t make sense why we’d limit a Day1 selection in his 2nd season, especially if he’s playing solid. Also Karl was a steal later
day 3

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the snap % is situationally dictated, but haven't replayed any games (watching once was bad enough!). I'm guessing run downs they may try playing both Slaton & Brooks with Clark? Passing downs we may see more Wyatt & Wooden along with Clark or Slaton?

Regarding Myers, PFF rates him 31st best of the 40 OC's with at least 100 snaps. 31?!?!?! No wonder the line blows IF the bar for excitement is set that low. smh...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wyatt is silently having a good (but unspectacular) year. What’s odd though is his lower 48% D snaps.
As a comparison TJ has 58% and obviously Kenny hovers around 80% season to season.
However Watt and Karl have been on average our 2nd and 3rd best DL from a productivity per snaps standpoint. I’m not sure why we are holding them back some? Is it more to get a look at Colby? Idk

Maybe his Run D grade is down? That number above looks stellar
It doesn’t make sense why we’d limit a Day1 selection in his 2nd season, especially if he’s playing solid. Also Karl was a steal later
day 3
Some thoughts here. We do not know there assignments on each play. It is easy to see the good. What we can't be sure of is on the bad, who went the wrong way, who lined up in the wrong hole, who was doubled, things like that. Wyatt may be grading out lower to the coaches because of mental mistakes. He may be on the field less because he is not in great shape. Who knows? Not me that's for sure.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry been delayed getting this out there to everyone here. Again don't declare I trust these grades as gospel, they're one metric or measurement of grading that exists out there. I encourage anyone really wanting to break stuff down pay the NFL + membership and watch the All22 tape (one benefit is even out of network - you can minimum listen to the radio calls and almost immediately watch the game condensed minutes after it ends...I've waited before and watched games around 5pm that were 1pm games without knowing the verdict).

Minimum 10 snaps

Best Defense:
Most anyone watching the film could have instantly guessed IMO four of these (I would have missed Campbell being on here)

Preston Smith - 92.8
Devonte Wyatt - 89.6
TJ Slaton - 82.3
Colby Wooden - 75.7

Best Offense:

Elgton Jenkins - 76.5....so far tape tells me this is Jenkins best game the whole year....he truly has not been great honestly.
Zach Tom - 68.4
AJ Dillon 64.2
Jordan Love - 63.7....I still say again he is waaaay too easy of a scapegoat for many and he is NOT the main issue...we need more from him but not the main issue.
Dontayvion Wicks - 63.4

Worst Defense:

Karl Brooks - 41.2 missed tackles/run weakness on a couple plays destroyed his day...two hurries and a blocked kick have me shocked he is this low.
Rasul Douglas - 47.4
Rashan Gary - 50.4
Jonathan Owens - 54.2
Jaire Alexander - 55.0 ...everyone knows I've been on the trade him while he is still a hot commodity...because for whatever reason I feel he is going to be a detriment to this team in a year or two....

Worst Offense:
Tucker Kraft - 41.0....if he just becomes a blocker that can at minimum get ran over by his man vs blown by it will be an improvement (bad thing is he may still be better blocker than Musgrave)
Aaron Jones - 54.2
Josh Myers - 54.6
Yosh Nijman - 55.7
TE seems to be a position that on our roster is invisible. Ask any fan of any other team to name one of them without Googling.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE seems to be a position that on our roster is invisible. Ask any fan of any other team to name one of them without Googling.

I feel like that was to be expected?

We have Deguara, who isn't really a TE, we just don't have an official H-Back designation. And then 2 rookies. Even if those rookies grow into world beaters, TE typically has one of if not the worst learning curve from college to Pros.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have Deguara, who isn't really a TE, we just don't have an official H-Back designation. And then 2 rookies. Even if those rookies grow into world beaters, TE typically has one of if not the worst learning curve from college to Pros.
DeGuara rhymes with Chmura. That should count for something.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Funny, but Laporta in Detroit doesn't seem to be having too many problems. We've got a guy in Musgrave who's supposed to be such a mismatch and downfield threat, yet every week you see a stat line like one catch for two yards or two catches for 9 yards. Maybe the problem is in Green Bay.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, but Laporta in Detroit doesn't seem to be having too many problems. We've got a guy in Musgrave who's supposed to be such a mismatch and downfield threat, yet every week you see a stat line like one catch for two yards or two catches for 9 yards. Maybe the problem is in Green Bay.

Until Musgrave is a blocking threat they can literally play him soft and know a DB will bully through. LaPorta was a better all around prospect and garners more respect atm.

Reaction score

Minimum 10 snaps

Best Defense:

Preston Smith - 92.8
Devonte Wyatt - 89.6
TJ Slaton - 82.3
Colby Wooden - 75.7

Best Offense:

Zach Tom - 68.4
AJ Dillon 64.2
Dontayvion Wicks - 63.4

Worst Defense:

Rasul Douglas - 47.4
Rashan Gary - 50.4
Jonathan Owens - 54.2

Worst Offense:
Aaron Jones - 54.2
Josh Myers - 54.6
Yosh Nijman - 55.7
Thanks

True that. I think Kraft’s inexperience mixed with poorer graded players around him is what’s making him look bad.
When 3 of our worst 5 rated Offense are
RT, Center, LT?
It’s no wonder Aaron Jones has a bad day.