Packers vs Broncos thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is billing this game as a rematch of SB 32. How stupid is that?
this is exactly why I do not ever tune into any espn, nfl etc, sports networks any more. I don't need their analysis, opinions and drama creating BS. I find it detracts from the game rather than adds to it. I limit BS intake to this site and Packers.com :) Helps balance things out and keep me occupied till game day without making me hate football because of all the stupid **** that's sprung up around it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams, Morgan Burnett, Nick Perry and B.J. Raji were all limited participants in today's practice.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen headlines saying that Starks is out with a hip injury. It's probably too soon for any reporter to know that for sure but it sure seems unlikely that he will play much. I liked Alonzo Harris so I'm a bit excited to see what he can do when Lacy is sucking oxygen on the sidelines (a bad weight-related joke). New players have the opportunity to do things to a defense that they've not seen tape of previously. It would be great if Harris takes advantage of his unique skills during a critical game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me also just breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't let me Mrs. El Guapo talk me into buying a flight out to Denver for this game. There is an article saying that tickets are ranging from $400 to $3,300 online right now. I would have been watching the game in a Denver bar at those prices...and out the cost of a plane ticket!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-tickets-a-hot-commodity-on-secondary-market/

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See a lot of folks on here doing just that. While he's not the caliber player he once was? he's still better than 90% of any other qb we will face this year.

I say blitz him because he's such a inmobile stiff and they have one of the worse running games in the league. Even with his struggles it would be unwise to let him sit back there In the pocket
as he does have some weapons at wr.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

See a lot of folks on here doing just that. While he's not the caliber player he once was? he's still better than 90% of any other qb we will face this year.

I say blitz him because he's such a stuff and they have one of the worse running games in the league. Even with his struggles it would be unwise to let him sit back there In the pocket
as he does have some weapons at wr.

Peyton has been absolutely terrible over the last 10 games dating back to last season. With the Packers pass rush and the Broncos offensive line not being one of Denver´s strengths I´m not worried about their offense at all.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are underestimating their offense to me. At home? Against Aaron Rodgers and the undefeated packers? We need to be worried about our own offense after watching last weeks game because Denver has a WAY BETTER defense than the Chargers . #facts

D

Deleted member 6794

Sounds like you guys are underestimating their offense to me. At home? Against Aaron Rodgers and the undefeated packers? We need to be worried about our own offense after watching last weeks game because Denver has a WAY BETTER defense than the Chargers . #facts

I´ve said repeatedly that I have a ton of respect for the Broncos defense and we will have a hard time scoring against them. Their offense struggles mightily and I don´t expect that to change against the Packers. That´s why I´m expecting a low scoring game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't underestimate Denver's Offense, but I don't over estimate it either. Yes, at home, an extra weeks rest for Manning, big game...the Denver Offense is going to score some points, but I doubt more then 17-21. Which means the key to victory for the Packers is getting the offense on track against a very good Defense. A special teams or defensive score for the Packers would be helpful too :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The next two games are very similar in that we are playing 6-0 teams (currently) on the road, both with so so offenses but really good defenses. Both games will prove to be a very good litmus test as to the state of the Green Bay Packers. We are 6-0, but 4 of those wins were at home, only one of those opponents is currently a 500 team (Rams) and the combined record of the teams we have beaten is 14-26.

I think after the Carolina game we are all going to be here either talking about "can the Packers go undefeated?" or "what things does the team need to improve upon to beat the other top teams". I'm hoping for and leaning towards scenario #1. :coffee:

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The reason some are underestimating Manning is he has thrown 7 TDs and 10 INTs for a 72.5 rating this season. The Broncos are 25th in scoring offense and 30 in rush yards/game and 29th in yards/carry. #facts

The most optimistic thing I read about Manning this week is the bye week gave his arm a rest.

As captainWIMM has posted, it's their hellacious D that we should be worried about as they are first in the league in yards per play surrendered - a full yard per play better than the Packers and within 0.2 points per game of the Packers. #facts

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Starks practiced today, but Damarious Randall sat out with an undisclosed injury. Montgomery did not practice.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanders scares me I'll admit that. He can be a headache for who's ever covering him. I'm sure he will be in the slot a lot as well I just hope our guys tackle well this game .

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think after the Carolina game we are all going to be here either talking about "can the Packers go undefeated?" or "what things does the team need to improve upon to beat the other top teams". I'm hoping for and leaning towards scenario #1. :coffee:
I'm guessing that the OP (based on historical evidence) will not be asking "what things does the team need to improve upon" if we lose the next two, but will instead be posting that the Packers are who he thought they were....

Lots of hyperbole on this forum as usual. We all recognize Manning as one of the great QBs, but the fact is that he and his offense aren't playing well right now. That's not underestimating. Underestimating would be to think that he couldn't turn things around in the span of one game. He could light up the Packers, but our defense this season is more about giving up yards than points. #statistics

That is the first time that I've ever used a hashtag for anything. I feel dirty. I'm going to go soak myself in a mixture of kerosene and whale oil.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been mentioned much in this week's game discussions is Denver's pass on Eddie Lacy in the draft two years ago in favor of Montee Ball.

I found this article on a number of misses by the Broncos in recent years.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/7/3/8887261/broncos-all-could-have-been-team-headlined-by-russell-wilson

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/6/9262231/montee-ball-release-roster-cuts-broncos

The contrast between the approaches taken by Ted Thompson and John Elway in building their clubs. http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...thompson-elway-take-different-paths/74873104/

Last edited:

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton has been absolutely terrible over the last 10 games dating back to last season. With the Packers pass rush and the Broncos offensive line not being one of Denver´s strengths I´m not worried about their offense at all.

both teams are 6-0 and havent played a quality opponent yet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts