Packers vs Cowboys Game Thread: Welcome to The Playoffs Edition

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thought that was going to happen is a complete liar... Wow.. I HATE how that game ended. Albeit highly unlikely them coming back, but that wasn't a good look at all. Stop the bs. End the game.. Other than that, I thought my concussions came back and I was dreaming. 20 pass attempts, and they almost put up 50. Amazing team win, and its huge confidence for the youngest team in the league not for right now, but for the future. Keep playing that house money!

PS- Sign. Aaron. Jones.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.. I HATE how that game ended. Albeit highly unlikely them coming back, but that wasn't a good look at all. Stop the bs. End the game..
Get over it. A win is a win is a win. Packers were underdogs in every corner of the sporting universe and found a way to win, convincingly. Don’t be that guy criticizing how they “didn’t win better.”

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t need to get over it LOL
I was on it before kickoff
Told my son before kickoff - Dallas loves, McCarthy gets fired - and Bellichek goes to Dallas
My point was/is GB had it in the bag up 32 points with 6 to play. They freaking DOMINATED both sides of the ball. People want to twist their ******* about a couple late scores talk to whoever pulled the starters. Personally I advocated pulling Jones and Love exactly when they did. A lot of D starters were also pulled. If it reduced the risk if injury during garbage time it was a good decision.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t need to get over it LOL
I was on it before kickoff
Told my son before kickoff - Dallas loves, McCarthy gets fired - and Bellichek goes to Dallas
My point was/is GB had it in the bag up 32 points with 6 to play. They freaking DOMINATED both sides of the ball. People want to twist their ******* about a couple late scores talk to whoever pulled the starters. Personally I advocated pulling Jones and Love exactly when they did. A lot of D starters were also pulled. If it reduced the risk if injury during garbage time it was a good decision.
Good, sounds like you get it, my friend. True Packers fans are savoring this win. I hope you and your son enjoyed the game because I sure did!!

Reaction score
I think any critique I similarly offered was because I believe we have a decent chance at going all the way. Unlike a lot of people in here I didn’t doubt GB going in today.. see.. I’m not interested in stopping after Dallas, as if we’ve overachieved. How do we know we’re not underachieving for our talent level? Have you watched these guys in postseason before? I haven’t.

Great Win YES! But DONT let teams score at Will with 6 minutes or 8 minutes left? That’s called pulling our foot off the gas. Mix in more run, fine. Start systematically pulling a starter or two ok.
It’s 100% acceptable ok to let our opponent score m… as long as they use more clock time and don’t freely give them the sideline as if we didn’t realize they might throw there.
Do you realize had they been 1 score closer they would’ve gotten the ball down just 1 score? That should’ve never even been an issue. WE LED BY 32 POINTS UNTIL 10:00 IN QTR4!!!

If we take our foot off 2 minutes too early against a really good team, plan in an early exit. You call it critical. I call it learning from mistakes and being a Champion

I told you guys this wasn’t our toughest opponent. Everyone scoffed. I’m telling you guys right now we’re not done and I don’t lower my expectations for a team of similar strength (Dallas). We arent and were not a 7.5 underdog. Nobody respects the Packers are we not listening to everyone saying the Cowboys were embarrassing? So the Packers are an embarrassing date? ???
F that!!
Maybe GB deserves credit for once

10-8 and rising. We’re the hottest team in the NFC baby! :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
PS. Keep an eye on those like Sharpe who are disgusted that the Cowboys lost. They are the enemy. The ones that seem happy are our allies. They can’t hide the truth after that historical beatdown

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say this would be some payback for them dominating the packers in the 90s..Doesnt quite offset it, but this one should sting.
They beat us 3 times in the 90s in the playoffs, now we've beaten them the last 3 times in the playoffs.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comeback, by the Cowboys did tell the Packers organization that their key for continued success is to build better depth to their roster. Was it a good idea, or bad, to pull the starters? It doesn't matter. We avoided injuries, and still won the game.

What does matter is that the offensive line played superbly. They were amazing in run and pass blocking. Aaron Jones proved he still has gas in the tank. Romeo Doubs proved he might be one of the best 3rd and 4th down receivers the Packers have ever had, when it comes to being the guy who can secure the ball and move the chains. The rest of the receiving crew proved they are the real deal, and are a solid unit. Our tandem TEs of Kraft and Musgrave are going to be something special. In fact, they already are. We've gone from no solid TEs to a couple who are on the verge of being pro bowl material.

On defense, some of those bargain basement DB players we've been grabbing are actually pretty god in pass coverage, when they get a little help from the defensive line and linebackers. It's also nice seeing Alexander play like he did, and Savage make that pick.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Really? What's our record against Dallas this century?

Edit: I don't remember them beating us in the last 15 years.
I think he was referring to the massive speed bump the Cowboys were to the Favre era Packers. I remember their nose candy wide-receiver saying after the 95 NFC Championship game, "Yeah, it's midnight. Cinderella can go home."

Had Carolina not done our light work in '96, getting rid of those clowns, I'm not sure I'd have my Super Bowl hat... that was a frustrating stretch.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, we even lost to them in the regular season in '96. Never really did get that dead weight off of us.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who thought that was going to happen is a complete liar... Wow.. I HATE how that game ended. Albeit highly unlikely them coming back, but that wasn't a good look at all. Stop the bs. End the game.. Other than that, I thought my concussions came back and I was dreaming. 20 pass attempts, and they almost put up 50. Amazing team win, and its huge confidence for the youngest team in the league not for right now, but for the future. Keep playing that house money!

PS- Sign. Aaron. Jones.
Lol, even on the most gloriously sunny bright day, there's a huge dark ominous cloud lurking out there eh?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS. Keep an eye on those like Sharpe who are disgusted that the Cowboys lost. They are the enemy. The ones that seem happy are our allies. They can’t hide the truth after that historical beatdown
What are you talking about? If it's Sterling Sharpe; you are wrong.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young and hungry...wouldnt have it any other way. This team doesnt know its ceiling. Do I trust Barry - nope. Is our OL coming around? Yessir. I am sick of losing the SF...time to bloody their noses.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember their nose candy wide-receiver saying after the 95 NFC Championship game, "Yeah, it's midnight. Cinderella can go home."

It's almost sad to see him now on NFL Network. Too many shots to head and too much blow back in the day have really taken their toll.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're spot on there. They changed the narrative. What was going to be a glorious Packer victory is now going to be about Dallas nearly making a comeback. Yuck.
No, it is now all about how the cowpies blew it and not much about us. And that's a good thing. I don't mind flying under the radar for another week. ;)