LaDarius Gunter
Andy Mulumba
Lane Taylor
Josh Walker
Kennard Backman

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett plays well in his first game back but the Packers offense continues its struggles on the road against a tough D.

Broncos 23
Packers 14

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that was ugly! It looked like a top five D-1 college team playing a very bad high school team. Specifically, Denver looked much faster physically throughout the game. Regroup for next week.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember a stretch last year, where we looked unbeatable. Carolina, Philly, Chicago were all lining up against us and we were just blowing them out of the water. These games were over by the 2nd quarter. Then we went into New Orleans and looked like we did not even belong on the field with them.

Of course, by the end of the season, New Orleans could not even muster up a 7-9 record to win the division, and we were one play away from the Super Bowl.

It's tough to keep perspective after one like this but it's true that you're never as good as you think you are when you're at your best, and you're never as bad as you think you are when you're at your worst.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember a stretch last year, where we looked unbeatable. Carolina, Philly, Chicago were all lining up against us and we were just blowing them out of the water. These games were over by the 2nd quarter. Then we went into New Orleans and looked like we did not even belong on the field with them.

Of course, by the end of the season, New Orleans could not even muster up a 7-9 record to win the division, and we were one play away from the Super Bowl.

It's tough to keep perspective after one like this but it's true that you're never as good as you think you are when you're at your best, and you're never as bad as you think you are when you're at your worst.
A freaking men. People have no perspective on anything these days. There's no doubt the game was a blowout. We got embarrassed. We won't win 4 more games playing like that, and that's being extremely generous. There were some things to be concerned about for certain. We also still have the players and staff that can get to the Super Bowl and I'd put money down that they will respond appropriately, not perfectly, but appropriately and we will enjoy a lot more winning this year. I wouldn't bet on our season being over after this loss. In fact, if we played Denver again this weekend I'd have a good amount of confidence that we would win that game. No disrespect to Denver, but they played lights out, and we played like ****. They have a very good team, especially defense. Our team isn't too shabby either, but they looked like they were playing half speed a lot of that game. I know they can play a lot better and expect them to.

Peyton can still put together a game, but if we would have put a couple hits on him, i'm betting the game would have been different. I dont' think he's going to do consistently thru the season and playoffs. But with that defense, he won't have to either.

D

Deleted member 6794

A freaking men. People have no perspective on anything these days. There's no doubt the game was a blowout. We got embarrassed. We won't win 4 more games playing like that, and that's being extremely generous. There were some things to be concerned about for certain. We also still have the players and staff that can get to the Super Bowl and I'd put money down that they will respond appropriately, not perfectly, but appropriately and we will enjoy a lot more winning this year. I wouldn't bet on our season being over after this loss. In fact, if we played Denver again this weekend I'd have a good amount of confidence that we would win that game. No disrespect to Denver, but they played lights out, and we played like ****. They have a very good team, especially defense. Our team isn't too shabby either, but they looked like they were playing half speed a lot of that game. I know they can play a lot better and expect them to.

Peyton can still put together a game, but if we would have put a couple hits on him, i'm betting the game would have been different. I dont' think he's going to do consistently thru the season and playoffs. But with that defense, he won't have to either.

By no means do I think the Packers season is over and I still expect them to get the #1 seed in the NFC (although they absolutely have to beat the Panthers on Sunday to make that work) but as of right now I don´t have any confidence the Packers would be able to beat the Broncos if they would have to play them this week.

It might be a different story if we had to face them in the Super Bowl but we have to figure out a way out of our offensive slump first before being able to compete with them.

Members online

Latest posts