Packers vs Broncos thread

D

Deleted member 6794

we need to involve our RBs and TEs more in the short passing game. 5-10 yard area.

I agree with most of the stuff you said in your previous post. Unfortunately the Packers don´t have the weapons to use running backs and tight ends efficiently in the short passing game. Lacy isn´t close to a 100% for whatever reason, Starks is a work in progress catching the ball and Rodgers is the only receiving threat at tight end but unable to get any yards after contact.

If Gates doesn't drop the ball at the goal line in the first haft on fourth down the Chargers put up 30 and walk away with a win.

Shoulda coulda woulda. Shields dropped a routine interception as well so you think we would have blown out the Chargers if he catches it???

There´s no doubt the defense gave up way too many passing yards against the Chargers but were able to hold them to only 20 points and come up with the decisive stop.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He passed the ball 65 times, thats probably twice what he normally does.

Packers are 5th in defensive passer rating. 3rd in QB passer rating. The panic is an overreaction.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He passed the ball 65 times, thats probably twice what he normally does.

Packers are 5th in defensive passer rating. 3rd in QB passer rating. The panic is an overreaction.

This your 1st week here? Lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't know. If Manning has to throw 50 times to get within field goal range, his arm could literally fall off. Nobody wants to see that.

I wish I shared your confidence. Peyton Manning is still awesome in my book and not to be underestimated.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning has had a HOF career, but all things end. It's a miracle he's able to play after all the neck surgery, let alone at the level he has since joining the Broncos. He should have retired after last year.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 6-0 teams coming off a BYE week, and on Sunday Night... WOW... Don't you love these kind of games. It will be interesting to see if that Dom Capers defense can somehow get back to sacking the quarterback and the occasional pick... Denver is a beast at home, and their defense is good, offense shaky at times... I will say this, and I do not like doing predictions because I still have the superstitious feeling, with that being said, if the Packers could attack Manning, he might just be pulled from the game, he looked shaky last game, and he has been playing through pain. So I will go against my predicition theory and go with this. Pack 31- Denver 27. Rodgers goes 27-35 330 3 TDs.. Rushing- Under 100, 1TD.. And if Adams comes back I will give him a touchdown reception.. Go Pack Go.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Up until yesterday the Packers hadn't faced a really good passing qb. The previous 5 games are not the kind of qb talent that will have to be overcome to win a Super Bowl. If Gates doesn't drop the ball at the goal line in the first haft on fourth down the Chargers put up 30 and walk away with a win. The Chargers beat themselves yesterday. Too much credit is being given to a D that get shredded. Quarterbacks have thrown for over 500 yards on 17 occasions in the history of the NFL. 3 of those performances have come against the Packers in the last 6 years The man to man coverage is still too lose On third and short the Db's need to make the Wr rs fight to get off the line of scrimmage.

Damn piece of sky just hit me on the head.

A couple of things about the Gates potential TD. First of all, and this is probably just a slip on your part, since when are TDs worth 10 points? Second, you assume the Chargers would have scored the same amount of points in the second half as they did which is not a safe nor accurate assumption. Its possible with the extra 10 points, excuse me 7 points, from the Gates TD in the first half they run different plays in the second half or perhaps the Packers call different plays defensively in the second half and the Chargers don't score again. Third, similar to second, you assume that the Packers would not have scored more points in the second half which again, is not a safe assumption. Perhaps they run different plays offensively or the Chargers play differently on defense on we score 14 more points. I realize that I am making assumptions as well but I didn't make claims based on those assumptions.

I really don't care what happened in the last 6 years. I care about what is happening this year and I think you are overreacting to one good QB having a career day. Every QB has a career day eventually. I'm not saying that you are wrong about the man to man coverage still being too lose or that on third and short the Db's need to make the Wr rs fight to get off the line of scrimmage. I just don't think every QB, even the good ones, are going to put up career numbers just because they are playing the packers. Why didn't Cutler, Wilson, Smith, Kaepernick and Foles put up career numbers against the Packers if they were playing the same defensively for the first 5 games? It shouldn't really matter if the QB is good or not if the defense is that bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wish I shared your confidence. Peyton Manning is still awesome in my book and not to be underestimated.

I´m not worried about the Broncos offense at all. Their defense on the other hand is scary. I expect this one to be a low scoring game.

G

GhostofCurly

Lastly is ST penalties and poor discipline penalties. Blocking in the back On returns needs to be a focus
The blocking in the back penalties just baffle me. You see it from every team in every game. It's just plain stupid. Peel off and save 10 yards.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a game I picked us to lose prior to the season. With how the Broncos have looked it does gives confidence but it is in their house so I gotta give them the edge. 23-27 Broncos.

That said I think we win convincingly the following week in Carolina and that's the more important game. Really if they split the next two it's all gravy

Reaction score
The reality is no matter what anyone can say about yardage and such, we've beat every team we've played. I would argue that If in any arbitrary year, you played 6 teams in a row that were bottom 10, probability is not a 6-0 record.
I think although there's some specific questions we each have about certain areas of lack of production and I think that's a healthy position, we are a fundamentally sound team. I also have noticed under Aaron's tenure that we lean towards improving as the season progresses at a higher rate than our competition. I'm guessing that's largely due to experience in the coaching arena and them making adjustments week to week, but that's just my hypothesis is all.
We learned a valuable lesson last week, we are not perfect and we are as vulnerable as anyone. As Aaron said himself this week. "the meeting room won't be pretty on Monday". I'm glad we got torched in that win because it's early in the season and there is adequate time to turn this ship before we hit an iceberg. The fact remains if we have just a respectable improvement in several areas of our game that have had issues, we will be hard to beat, even on the road.
I don't think there's many fans in here that seriously doubt the upside of this years squad. I also 100% believe that our own frustrations are a direct result of each of us knowing how much potential this team has this year. Guys, we're 6-0 and the talk of the town. We are 1 solid win of an undefeated quality opponent to be ranked #1 in the NFL. I think It's all a mindset and mind over matter. With that being said, it works both ways, if we go into Denver timid we will lose timid. If we go into Denver selflessly playing for the guys around us to get a SB ring and playing like its the Super Bowl, I don't think even Denver will know what hit them

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relativity, subjectivity, semantics. Figure out how get everyone to read something the same way, and...well, sports forums would disappear.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody's panicking. Just concerned, as I'm sure the Packers' coaching staff is. If they aren't, then I'd say I'm very concerned.
I'm more concerned with the coaches out thinking themselves and coming into the game with a WTF? game plan instead of just going with what has worked. Trying to establish a deep ball pass attack because that is our identity against this defense is probably a non-starter. Go with what they give you. Traditional west coast might be the answer. Ground and pound may work. I'm not getting paid to have those answers.
That said, the O-line should be up to the task. We heard the same dire statements vs the Chiefs, then the 9ers, then the Hags, and finally the Rams. Although we did not shine, it was good enough to get the job done. That is all we need. Top of the playoff list is the W's & L's. Point differential is far down the tie breaker list.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relativity, subjectivity, semantics. Figure out how get everyone to read something the same way, and...well, sports forums would disappear.

True, very true.

I still think some of it sounds like panic with a touch of over reaction thrown in for good measure.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm really getting tired of posters being accused of panicking because of pointing out areas of weakness that occurred in previous games.

Let me put this straight, IMO the Packers are the best team in the NFC and along with the Patriots the favourites to win the Super Bowl.

That doesn't change the fact that allowing 500+ passing yards to good QBs will most likely result in losing games and in the playoffs ending the team's season.

I'm convinced the coaching staff is working diligently with the players to correct some of the mistakes made against the Chargers. That doesn't mean they're panicking either but just doing their job.

Posters ignoring the Packers shortcomings because the team is winning should try to take an objective look at the team's performance instead of accusing other posters of panicking.

Michael Fagg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to be fair, our coverage was great on most of the plays but lack of pressure and pinpoint accuracy by Rivers was what I seen. Pressure will make or break the way your secondary looks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just to be fair, our coverage was great on most of the plays but lack of pressure and pinpoint accuracy by Rivers was what I seen. Pressure will make or break the way your secondary looks.

Rivers mostly got rid of the ball extremely fast, the pass rush didn´t have any chance to get to him. The coverage on the other hand wasn´t even close to being great on most plays.

Members online

Latest posts