Official Packers vs Lions

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real worry may be that MM and his staff have actually made corrections and we're now seeing those results.

Yeah, make no mistake at some point that streak of Detroit losing here, no matter how commonplace it had been, was going to come to an end. Sucks it had to be this year, but it is what it is.

That being said, yeah it does seem the corrections that happened after that NFC championship game may have been overdone. I think it was good that Slocum was fired, but right now the way the plays have gone here this whole system we got is just all wrong.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense played well enough against a pathetic offense, but our offense was worse than a pathetic defense. It seems the season is in serious jeopardy unless the players start to show some life. We won't win another game playing like this.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
As a 25+ year Lions fan, trust me when I say this. I feel for you guys right now.

That game is not at all what I expected. I fully anticipated watching Rodgers dictate the flow of the game while the Lions struggled to keep pace. He and the receivers just did not seem to be on the same page at all yesterday. When they started picking on Lawson, I thought for sure the game was going to start busting wide open. Don't get me wrong, Lawson has talent, but little experience. He did well considering how many times he was thrown at though. After watching the pass game struggle, I figured the Packers would just start pounding the ball on the ground for a while to try and get something going there. Look at every game the Lions have played and you'll see that they stop the run pretty well for a while, but then without fail, they start to spring a leak in the line and give up career numbers to running backs. They instead went full "Joe Lombardi" though and had Rodgers throw the ball 61 times, while electing to run the ball 16 times. I believe the announcers said that was his career high in pass attempts.

The Packers defense did well. Normally, if you knew ahead of time that the Packers were only going to allow 18 points in Lambeau, that would pretty much be a guaranteed Packer win. I was happy to see Detroit actually try and call a balanced game for once. 38 pass attempts to 24 run plays. They still can't do squat on the ground, and I think part of that is forcing the ball to Joique Bell (14 carries) instead of letting Abdullah (5 carries) get some touches.

All that being said, there is the issue of the officiating. I'm all for "letting them play", but I counted at least 3 PIs committed by the Lions that didn't get called. I saw a couple obvious holds by the both O-Lines that were let go too. Not sure what the deal is with NFL officiating this year, but it has been inconsistent at best.

I don't follow your team close enough to have any idea why things have broken down like they have, but truly, I feel for you guys. I expect games like that from the Lions, but that was shocking for me to watch the Packers play like that.

I hope they get things figured out pretty quick, because I would hate for Minnesota to win the North this year. I hate those guys.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't put my finger on what's wrong with this team right now...one thing I know it ISN'T for sure...the loss of Jordy Nelson is not causing this mess...sure he is missed, but he's not the cause of the O-line playing like crap, he's not the cause of the other receivers dropping passes, he's not the cause of AR's errant passes, and he's not the cause of the defense giving up over 500 yards of offense every week...this team has simply lost their will to win...

D

Deleted member 6794

I can't put my finger on what's wrong with this team right now...one thing I know it ISN'T for sure...the loss of Jordy Nelson is not causing this mess...sure he is missed, but he's not the cause of the O-line playing like crap, he's not the cause of the other receivers dropping passes, he's not the cause of AR's errant passes, and he's not the cause of the defense giving up over 500 yards of offense every week...this team has simply lost their will to win...

The defense gave up 287 yards yesterday, for sure good enough to beat the worst team in the league.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm almost certain Rodgers has a calf injury that is not being reported. Just like manning has looked off ad now turns out he's been hurt for weeks but were no reports.

Rodgers had a few times he could've ran for a first down and threw the ball away. Looks like he might not be able to plant his left leg when throwing. Hence as why you're getting inaccurate throws.

You can tell he is very flustered and irritated in press conferences, as if he would like to tell why there's problems on offense,but has been told to retain a lot of information from the media. A guy doesn't not go from MVP to looking off without an injury

Nick Peters

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a note here, as a THANK YOU to Green Bay, Lambeau Field and all its fans. Couldnt start a new post since I am new here, but wanted to let everyone know how amazing of a first visit to Lambeau I had this past weekend!!

Being a Vikings fan, I admire what the Packers as an organization and team do. They build thru the draft, have great players who excel at their craft and all around are good people....

Going in to this weekend, I had no real expectations of what it would be like, but I was blown away.....

All of the people were friendly and awesome, of course they gave us some crap, all in good fun of course being Vikings fans, but that is to be expected in a opponent and rival stadium. I had heard stories of how people get treated at Lambeau and other stadiums, of course really not from anyone I know personally, so took them with a grain of salt. And we all know that every team has a few fans that can be silly and do stupid things. We saw a couple times Sunday that happen, but I definately wont let the actions of a couple fans make me have a blanket view of all fans being that way. Especially when we were treated so well by everyone.

Lambeau is in the middle of a neighborhood pretty much, I had NO idea, this was cool as hell!! Such a different and fun atmosphere compared to being here in Minneapolis at a Vikings game, no real place to tailgate, just a big downtown area, where you park and go to the game. Lambeau was an experience like no other......cool people everywhere, people parking in yards and hanging out with anyone and everyone.

I think I could go on for days about how great the experience was for myself and my gal, but I think you get the point from my rambling above. I already look forward to being able to come back to Green Bay for a game. It was one of the funnest sports momemts of my life. THANK YOU to everyone for making it such a great experience!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't need to just win tomorrow they need to win convincingly, even with domination. A close, struggling decision against the Lions at Lambeau or (crowd gasp) a loss after 24 straight home wins and alarm bells and red flags will be going off and up at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

I would think at least a 38-17 game should be on order. The sort of game in which the Packers put a complete game together in all phases.

Say around 450 yds on offense, at least 4 td passes by Aaron Rodgers and a 300+ yds passing day. And a 100 yard team rushing show.

The defense gets at least 6 sacks, 3 interceptions and doesn't allow Detroit to score until the game is a done deal and in "garbage time."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/12/9709246/packers-lions-2015-nfl-picks-predictions-week-10

I read this and couldn't help but think of Harry Doyle. "just a bit outside"

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again, with the game on the line on the Lions last possession, they couldn't get a stop. They left Johnson wide open on 3rd and 9, and the Lions completed an 80 yard TD march.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense gave up 287 yards yesterday, for sure good enough to beat the worst team in the league.

Usually, the defense giving up only 18 points means a win for GB, but not the way the offense is playing right now...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again, with the game on the line on the Lions last possession, they couldn't get a stop. They left Johnson wide open on 3rd and 9, and the Lions completed an 80 yard TD march.

You gonna let facts get in the way of a good rant?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched Crosbys' kick in 1/15th speed. It's pretty obvious that it hit Masthays' non holding hand, so literally the one reason that we really still want to keep him is pretty much out the window.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just watched Crosbys' kick in 1/15th speed. It's pretty obvious that it hit Masthays' non holding hand, so literally the one reason that we really still want to keep him is pretty much out the window.

I watched Crosby's kick several times as well but am not sure it really hit Masthay's hand. Both Ron Zook and the punter told the media they took a close look at the play and came up with the conclusion it didn't either.