2023 week 4 TNF vs the Lions pregame thread

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised everyone here is counting out the Vikings. They still look really good on tape. Most of us - and I'm guilty of this as well - are penciling in losses against SF, KC, and CIN. But they could win 2 out of 3 of those, get on a run, and win 9-10 of the other 11 games. I could really see it happening.
I think that you hit the nail on the head regarding the Vikings schedule. It is a tough slate to say the least:

@ Panthers
vs Chiefs
@ Bears
vs 49ers
@ Packers
@ Falcons
vs Saints
@ Broncos
vs Bears
@ Raiders
@ Bengals
vs Lions
vs Packers
@ Lions

The Vikings do have good players on offense in Hockenson, Cousins, and an elite player in Jefferson. Their defense is really lacking and their offensive players keep fumbling. The fumbling will likely end but they've got a tough schedule. They should beat g Carolina, the Bears twice, and the Broncos. They have a chance to beat the Packers, Falcons, Saints, and Raiders. They likely won't beat the Chiefs, 49ers, or the Lions. I really see the Vikings struggling to get to 6 or 7 wins this season.

Reaction score
Everyone acts like the Lions are some unbeatable force. Are they good..yeah..but so is our young team! They are probably going to be without their starting Lt and starting rb. This game is in OUR HOUSE! It's going to be loud!

Um... Calvin in your avatar looks extremely dehydrated. Urine should not be so yellow.

But uh yeah. The Lions are definitely beatable. I think we're a year away.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Not true, David Montgomery and Taylor Decker are both playing.

Our young team is a wildcard for sure...we could come out and roast them or we could flat out be roasted. There isn't a score you could tell me you predict (so long as you don't say like over 50 points for either team) that I would count as not possible.

I am SCARED to death of our ability to run the ball against them...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Love hopefully finally with Watson and Jones added to this group.

I am INCREDIBLY excited IF Watson is healthy to see what the Lions try to do to cover him and Musgrave's speed...

I am SCARED to death of our OL...they've almost been too good in pass pro.

I am SCARED to death of Nixon's ability to guard Amon St. Brown...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Gary's snap count continue to raise...

I can get behind this post. I would love to see the Lions win (every week), and I think they will win tonight, based on all that I've seen to this point. However, I've been a Lions fan since like 1984, so I take nothing for granted.

Reaction score
I can get behind this post. I would love to see the Lions win (every week), and I think they will win tonight, based on all that I've seen to this point. However, I've been a Lions fan since like 1984, so I take nothing for granted.

1995 here. IF this team is for real, remember we need to stay classy and humble. If we lose, post on their forums saying GG. If we win, let it be and say nothing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1995 here. IF this team is for real, remember we need to stay classy and humble. If we lose, post on their forums saying GG. If we win, let it be and say nothing.

Nah if you win...just quote this post with a smiley face following it at least :D

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the Packers gave Baktieri (sp?) millions and he does not play and most likely could get in 1/2 of this season's games? Total waste of money for a club that needs guys who they actually need on the field. Tonight, Lions by 3 unless Goff gets injured..... only good news so far is they have a better record than Vikes.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the Packers gave Baktieri (sp?) millions and he does not play and most likely could get in 1/2 of this season's games?
Is this a real question? He blew out his knee after he sign the contract. It's not like the Packers could just rip it up at that point. The dead money hit to the salary cap is still a problem with him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the Packers gave Baktieri (sp?) millions and he does not play and most likely could get in 1/2 of this season's games? Total waste of money for a club that needs guys who they actually need on the field. Tonight, Lions by 3 unless Goff gets injured..... only good news so far is they have a better record than Vikes.

Um he at the time was THE best LT in the game arguably nearly concensus best, and if not best clear top 3 at worst.

He then got injured.

ZERO way to predict injuries.

ZERO - if there were, teams would literally pay that person MILLIONS and Gute/Ball would be their best friend.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....

No Patrick Taylor elevation left, didn't sign him to the active roster.

Emanuel Wilson here is your chance....cuz STRONG likelihood Jones will be on a pitch count and Taylor isn't there to be the RB3...

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um... Calvin in your avatar looks extremely dehydrated. Urine should not be so yellow.

But uh yeah. The Lions are definitely beatable. I think we're a year away.
Ahhh another salty cocky Lions fan beating their chest over 3 victories against us in 8 in what 20 years. How is that empty trophy case looking?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....

No Patrick Taylor elevation left, didn't sign him to the active roster.

Emanuel Wilson here is your chance....cuz STRONG likelihood Jones will be on a pitch count and Taylor isn't there to be the RB3...

Hang on... Bakh just announced is on IR - this could mean Taylor takes his 53 spot.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All confirmed:

Bakh to IR

Kristian Welch to active

Ballentine and Kiondre Thomas elevated from PS for game. To me that means Valentine will not be game active I bet.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Painful for me to say. The Lions stopped the Atlanta running game, they should be able to stop ours. That puts everything on Love and our young WR corps. This is the best pass rush we have seen so far. We will have a tough game.

The optimist in me says we get Jones back and that come from behind last week gave us a shot of confidence that we ride to victory. But I think that is asking too much with the young wrs, new QB, and injury situation.

Lions 23 Packers 20
They will try and use Jones out of the backfield and the Lions will put someone on him. I hope Jordan can escape the pass rush and buy enough time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not true, David Montgomery and Taylor Decker are both playing.

Our young team is a wildcard for sure...we could come out and roast them or we could flat out be roasted. There isn't a score you could tell me you predict (so long as you don't say like over 50 points for either team) that I would count as not possible.

I am SCARED to death of our ability to run the ball against them...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Love hopefully finally with Watson and Jones added to this group.

I am INCREDIBLY excited IF Watson is healthy to see what the Lions try to do to cover him and Musgrave's speed...

I am SCARED to death of our OL...they've almost been too good in pass pro.

I am SCARED to death of Nixon's ability to guard Amon St. Brown...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Gary's snap count continue to raise...
This is true. But I will take facing Montgomery not at 100%. Goff's play action can kill us though just by having Montgomery in there. At least we know them.

Reaction score
Ahhh another salty cocky Lions fan beating their chest over 3 victories against us in 8 in what 20 years. How is that empty trophy case looking?

I'm not sure what you've seen me say that is remotely salty or cocky. I think the dumbest thing I said on this forum might've been something along the lines of "I'd take Stafford over Rodgers" but even that isn't all that stupid, salty, or cocky. And that was 10+ years ago.

If you're talking about NFL history during the NFL season... well that's your biz. I keep history as an offseason subject. But if you want to go there, we have a few. Ya'll took the 50's off it seems so you may be unaware, but we got some stuff done during that time. A lot of teams disregard pre-Super Bowl stuff but if you want to call yourselves Title Town, well, then the Lions are the team of the 50s so we have something at least.

Reaction score
That's probably going to be a wrap on Bakh's career .
I feel for him. Good player good guy. He's got to be mentally and emotionally drained after all of this.
I actually feel bad for him. He loves football and he’s been a pretty standup guy. He didn’t try to blow his knee out. We do need to start planning for future though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you've seen me say that is remotely salty or cocky. I think the dumbest thing I said on this forum might've been something along the lines of "I'd take Stafford over Rodgers" but even that isn't all that stupid, salty, or cocky. And that was 10+ years ago.

If you're talking about NFL history during the NFL season... well that's your biz. I keep history as an offseason subject. But if you want to go there, we have a few. Ya'll took the 50's off it seems so you may be unaware, but we got some stuff done during that time. A lot of teams disregard pre-Super Bowl stuff but if you want to call yourselves Title Town, well, then the Lions are the team of the 50s so we have something at least.
They were one of the elites back then along with teams like the Bears, Giants, Colts, and the Browns back in the Otto Graham days.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a real question? He blew out his knee after he sign the contract. It's not like the Packers could just rip it up at that point. The dead money hit to the salary cap is still a problem with him.
Yep and Rodgers tore his Achilles after the Jets signed him.