Official game 11 Thanksgiving Day in Detroit pregame thread

Reaction score
You would think with all the resources they put in the front 7, they would be more stout! They still stink against the run..unless they play terrible teams! Detroit will probably run them out of the building.
While I do agree with us stinking against good teams, it’s not for lack of personnel.
What’s sad is we are 1 year removed from All-Pro play at iLB on one side and invested a #22 overall off-ball LB from Georgia’s #1 Defense recently. Then we have across our front D Roster FOUR Day1 selections (Wyatt, Clark, Gary, LVN) + resigned Edge Preston Smith. Then we added 2 more good iDL in Karl and Colby. There’s absolutely zero excuses for not being able to field a Run Defense in the area of Top10. Really we should have a top 5 Run Defense with that talent group.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While I do agree with us stinking against good teams, it’s not for lack of personnel.
What’s sad is we are 1 year removed from All-Pro play at iLB on one side and invested a #22 overall off-ball LB from Georgia’s #1 Defense recently. Then we have across our front D Roster FOUR Day1 selections (Wyatt, Clark, Gary, LVN) + resigned Edge Preston Smith. Then we added 2 more good iDL in Karl and Colby. There’s absolutely zero excuses for not being able to field a Run Defense in the area of Top10. Really we should have a top 5 Run Defense with that talent group.
Joe Barry disagrees

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this year has gone; I will settle for playing tough. And we should be able to manage that.
With what we have in the backfield, TE, and the secondary there isn't much left to be tough about. I recall several years in which the Lions were so decimated 10-12 weeks into the season that they were using 3rd stringers, the practice squad, and players off the street. The announcers really had to do their homework to learn the names.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With what we have in the backfield, TE, and the secondary there isn't much left to be tough about. I recall several years in which the Lions were so decimated 10-12 weeks into the season that they were using 3rd stringers, the practice squad, and players off the street. The announcers really had to do their homework to learn the names.
I remember those days. One Sunday, a network announcer commented that the Lions had so many injuries, and were signing guys who only stayed with them for a game or two. He commented that they were no longer sewing the names on the uniforms, they were using velcro.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
2010 Ted Thompson just whispered from beyond the veil "and what is so difficult about winning with that?"

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truthfully if entering the fourth there is a chance everyone better realize how big of a win that is.

If we end up losing by ten or even better one score - everyone better realize how big of a win that is.

This roster today has zero business having a chance….

If Love leads them to a near win, it will be VASTLY more than anything Rodgers did in his first year and that Dallas game IMO.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inactives for GB:
Wicks
Alexander
Campbell
Ford
A Jones
C Jones
Deguara
What that means is the entire secondary is gone. Alexander, Douglas traded, Ford, Stokes, and Savage. Musgrave is out, A Jones is out, Bakhtiari has been out since week 1, Campbell is out. That's 8 starters folks plus Wicks. What a farce! It's not like additional players won't be leaving the field during the game. Can't compete in the NFL if you can't manage your injury situation. All injuries are not random. Strength and conditioning matters and so does drafting guys who have shown durability.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What that means is the entire secondary is gone. Alexander, Douglas traded, Ford, Stokes, and Savage. Musgrave is out, A Jones is out, Bakhtiari has been out since week 1, Campbell is out. That's 8 starters folks plus Wicks. What a farce! It's not like additional players won't be leaving the field during the game. Can't compete in the NFL if you can't manage your injury situation. All injuries are not random. Strength and conditioning matters and so does drafting guys who have shown durability.

Not true, starting nickle (Nixon) is active…..sadly that is the only one….

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go on record we have to have two takeaways minimum I think to win this game. I don't expect a W and even with two takeaways it could still be a VERY hard day....we haven't played well in Detroit with far worse Lions teams.

Screw it....

Here's to a team that is too young to care or let any of that matter.....let's shock the world - why not!

Pack 27 - Lions 25 in a nail biter GO PACK GO (letting my homerism shine through LOL)

I also kinda called it lol