2023 week 4 TNF vs the Lions pregame thread

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Genuinely curious about this statement.

Lions have won the past 3 meetings between the two teams.
Lions have arguably improved on both sides of the ball since the last meeting.
Packers have replaced Aaron Rodgers with Jordan Love (for better or worse).

I admit, I've not paid close enough attention to the Packers this year to know how they've changed in other areas of the team, but why is this game so much more important than recent history and observed roster changes and their impact?
For this year's Packers, I believe it is especially important to win more than half of their division games if they are going to get into the playoffs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They will try and use Jones out of the backfield and the Lions will put someone on him. I hope Jordan can escape the pass rush and buy enough time.
The Lions have had problems covering RB's on pass plays. I'm sure that LaFleur knows and is going to test it multiple times to see if they've fixed the problem.

Reaction score
For this year's Packers, I believe it is especially important to win more than half of their division games if they are going to get into the playoffs.
Amen.
A Win tonight against a really good Detroit team is our true litmus test. Our only ? is we haven’t played a top tier team. This Lions team is a top tier team right now and this goes a long ways towards solving the questions of identity of “who we are”

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen.
A Win tonight against a really good Detroit team is our true litmus test. Our only ? is we haven’t played a top tier team. This Lions team is a top tier team right now and this goes a long ways towards solving the questions of identity of “who we are”

With Campbell out and word being Jaire might be too and Valentine…..SUCKS!!!!!!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty early in the season to be getting killed by injuries to almost all of our core players. Not an optimal situation for the youngest team in the league

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets see left tackle on IR, left guard out, watson limited, jones limited, right tackle limited

cb 1 2 out lb 1 out

might get spanked.

go pack!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions have had problems covering RB's on pass plays. I'm sure that LaFleur knows and is going to test it multiple times to see if they've fixed the problem.
You still have to figure that even though it is a division game in the NFC NORTH. It is still early in the season. It is one game. It is a barometer but hey. We have 13 more to go. Lot of adventures for this team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies to the Lions fan on this thread, but does anyone else remember the game in 92 or 93 when we played Detroit in the playoffs and held the great Barry Sanders to -1yd rushing for the entire game? Bryce Paup, Jurko, and Reggie pursued him everywhere he tried to run. I never in my life imagined that anyone could contain Barry for an entire game. He had won the NFL rushing title that season.

Imagine if Sanders would've had the leverage that Aaron Rodgers had at the end of his career to affect a trade. He could have gone to a SB-bound team and chased the championship that he wanted so badly.
I was at that game. North endzone

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The defense knew it had to step up. That week they found out that Sterling Sharpe was toast.
I was at the tunnel where they came out of. That's when the tunnel was in north endzone. He stood there in a multicolored coat

Members online

Latest posts