2023 week 4 TNF vs the Lions pregame thread

Reaction score
David is washed up. I have given up on him.
I don’t blame you. It’s a frustrating situation and the best we can hope for is to get some clumps of games from him at points this season. I’m 90% sure he will play his last snap with the Packers later this season,
so just hold onto hope! :coffee:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s the first time in recent history where I’ve felt like GB might have problems at home due to what I call a robust and determined Detroit team.

Obviously young Skywalker (Love) at QB is an X factor in Lambeau.
Detroit has an explosive Offense, but GB’s Defensive strength is mostly Pass D. Having Gary back near FT with Preston gives our team a totally different feel. It allows us to sub Van Ness and Enagbare as more than decent backups.

We will need to bring our A game on Defense to slow you guys down into that 20-27 point area. Kenny Clark and this iDL might dictate a Win or Loss in the trenches. 25+- points is an area I think Jordan can hang if we clean up slop ball. We self destruct at times because we’re still so new on Offense. We’ll need to bring a more complete game than a self damaging 11 penalties.

This is the season Detroit better Win as the Packers Offense are likely at their low point across the next decade. We hit a Trifecta at QB in the 2020 draft. Jordan is just learning to play. How we are winning games this early into a rebuild and missing key starters left n right is bordering on shocking.
If Montgomery plays stopping the short run game becomes very difficult especially with the Detroit OL and Goff's play action. With that said what we do have going for us is that we are at home and we have a young team that is too aloof too worry about their opponent. They face every opponent the same way. And I do not believe they feel the pressure to win a championship as the teams of the last 15 years.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t blame you. It’s a frustrating situation and the best we can hope for is to get some clumps of games from him at points this season. I’m 90% sure he will play his last snap with the Packers later this season,
so just hold onto hope! :coffee:
Watch it be in Week 17.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Capt’ gone does anyone else know say Bakh just is done….is there any kind of savings IR ing him for the year for us?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions front 7 will come at the Packer line with heavy pressure on both the receivers and the QB. They are not afraid of a long game breaker. The Packers have to find some way to run the ball to have any success. And so far that is not our strength. Now with Rodgers gone Love has shown he can escape pressure and run. That is a plus.
Losing our starting LT and LG is gonna hurt going forward. Bak's knee must be a mess. I fear his career may be in jeopardy. It is really a shame.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies to the Lions fan on this thread, but does anyone else remember the game in 92 or 93 when we played Detroit in the playoffs and held the great Barry Sanders to -1yd rushing for the entire game? Bryce Paup, Jurko, and Reggie pursued him everywhere he tried to run. I never in my life imagined that anyone could contain Barry for an entire game. He had won the NFL rushing title that season.

Imagine if Sanders would've had the leverage that Aaron Rodgers had at the end of his career to affect a trade. He could have gone to a SB-bound team and chased the championship that he wanted so badly.
This game? Closer than I remember and we could use some of those players now.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised everyone here is counting out the Vikings. They still look really good on tape. Most of us - and I'm guilty of this as well - are penciling in losses against SF, KC, and CIN. But they could win 2 out of 3 of those, get on a run, and win 9-10 of the other 11 games. I could really see it happening.

As for Lions at Packers, I don't know which team wants it more but GB needs it more. As was pointed out, GB already used up a Bears game and still has to play KC. And on top of that GB can't afford to lose a home divisional game. I have a bad feeling GB pulls this one out.

Just do us Lions fans a favor. If you lose, don't go talking about GB history. We're Lions fans... we don't like to talk about history. Lol.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can’t really count Bahk as missing a “starter”. He’s basically been a guest host for almost 2 years.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised everyone here is counting out the Vikings. They still look really good on tape. Most of us - and I'm guilty of this as well - are penciling in losses against SF, KC, and CIN. But they could win 2 out of 3 of those, get on a run, and win 9-10 of the other 11 games. I could really see it happening.

As for Lions at Packers, I don't know which team wants it more but GB needs it more. As was pointed out, GB already used up a Bears game and still has to play KC. And on top of that GB can't afford to lose a home divisional game. I have a bad feeling GB pulls this one out.

Just do us Lions fans a favor. If you lose, don't go talking about GB history. We're Lions fans... we don't like to talk about history. Lol.
Geography is better than history. The Vikings do have the talent. They have shot themselves in the foot so far this season. They are adjusting to losing Cook and Thielen on offense. Cannot explain their turnovers. But they have to get better or heads will explode.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Painful for me to say. The Lions stopped the Atlanta running game, they should be able to stop ours. That puts everything on Love and our young WR corps. This is the best pass rush we have seen so far. We will have a tough game.

The optimist in me says we get Jones back and that come from behind last week gave us a shot of confidence that we ride to victory. But I think that is asking too much with the young wrs, new QB, and injury situation.

Lions 23 Packers 20

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to need a minimum of errors and some big plays tonight. Don't like to match up against their defense with our o line so beat up. Again, no confidence in our d when it counts the most. They need to show me. Hoping for the best but going with the Lions

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone acts like the Lions are some unbeatable force. Are they good..yeah..but so is our young team! They are probably going to be without their starting Lt and starting rb. This game is in OUR HOUSE! It's going to be loud!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone acts like the Lions are some unbeatable force. Are they good..yeah..but so is our young team! They are probably going to be without their starting Lt and starting rb. This game is in OUR HOUSE! It's going to be loud!

Not true, David Montgomery and Taylor Decker are both playing.

Our young team is a wildcard for sure...we could come out and roast them or we could flat out be roasted. There isn't a score you could tell me you predict (so long as you don't say like over 50 points for either team) that I would count as not possible.

I am SCARED to death of our ability to run the ball against them...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Love hopefully finally with Watson and Jones added to this group.

I am INCREDIBLY excited IF Watson is healthy to see what the Lions try to do to cover him and Musgrave's speed...

I am SCARED to death of our OL...they've almost been too good in pass pro.

I am SCARED to death of Nixon's ability to guard Amon St. Brown...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Gary's snap count continue to raise...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will predict I think tonight Preston Smith delivers one or two BIG plays - this man has been playing very solid for us, albeit very quiet. I expect he is finally gonna break through in a big game.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not true, David Montgomery and Taylor Decker are both playing.

Our young team is a wildcard for sure...we could come out and roast them or we could flat out be roasted. There isn't a score you could tell me you predict (so long as you don't say like over 50 points for either team) that I would count as not possible.

I am SCARED to death of our ability to run the ball against them...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Love hopefully finally with Watson and Jones added to this group.

I am INCREDIBLY excited IF Watson is healthy to see what the Lions try to do to cover him and Musgrave's speed...

I am SCARED to death of our OL...they've almost been too good in pass pro.

I am SCARED to death of Nixon's ability to guard Amon St. Brown...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see Gary's snap count continue to raise...
Gee that's funny..I just read that both were not expected to play.