2023 official Chiefs Week pregame thread...

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that last week wasn't kind of a get-well game for the Chiefs offense, and that this week is a"we are back!"kind of game for them.

Reaction score
Thank You Dallas! Seattle drops to
6-6
This KC game is a little less critical for postseason hopes. Worst case is a Packer loss to KC still leaves us just 1 game back of Seattle and Minnesota. The Vikings would currently win the tiebreaker over head to head, but we still play MN and their remaining schedule is slightly tougher.
6-6 MN@Raiders 5-7
6-6 MN@Bengals 5-6
8-3 Det@MN 6-6
5-6 GB@MN 6-6
6-6 MN@Det 8-3

If we find a way to upset KC we go into a 3-way tie for 6/7th seeds
6-6;6-6;6-6.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give the Packers 0% chance of beating the Chiefs.

Thank You Dallas! Seattle drops to
6-6
This KC game is a little less critical for postseason hopes. Worst case is a Packer loss to KC still leaves us just 1 game back of Seattle and Minnesota. The Vikings would currently win the tiebreaker over head to head, but we still play MN and their remaining schedule is slightly tougher.
6-6 MN@Raiders 5-7
6-6 MN@Bengals 5-6
8-3 Det@MN 6-6
5-6 GB@MN 6-6
6-6 MN@Det 8-3

If we find a way to upset KC we go into a 3-way tie for 6/7th seeds
6-6;6-6;6-6.
Had not Cousins gone down I would think Minnesota would be a shoe in. Now even going to Vegas and Cincy are not a gimme. And the Lions will profit from that.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree on that. McDuffie is pretty good in the Run game and tracking down receivers near LOS. Which has been a focus area recently.
While De’Vondre has taken some recent heat for not playing to ceiling? His not playing at All Pro level now (partly I think he’s been injured) we know what he’s capable of. He’s more athletic than Patrick dropping in coverage and snagging an errant throw or being sticky. You’ll also notice Campbell is better at shedding 2nd level blocks with a wonderful stiff arm retraction.
Nothing wrong with McDuffie as he’s good for a short term “backup” and serviceable to quality hustle. Given which LB to play Campbell easily gets the nod though and especially against teams who can throw the ball, which is KC.

You could really say similar with J’aire. We’re just used to All Pro Ja so when he’s pedestrian level in a game our expectation isn’t met.
I would not say the same thing about Jaire although we have looked pretty good there

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had not Cousins gone down I would think Minnesota would be a shoe in. Now even going to Vegas and Cincy are not gimme. And the Lions will profit from that.
I agree except for the Cincy part since they lost their QB also. IMO it is like you say, not a gimme but is possibly the only game left that they will be the favorite in.

Reaction score
I really have no earthly idea on this games score. The Packers are so dynamic in the sense we could get beat 33-13 or we could squeak out a Win in that 24-20 type area.

Much will be determined which Defense shows up. If we’re pressuring Mahomes we’d better keep a spy on him because he’s very crafty on his feet.

Our best chance is calling Tonya Harding and her X and seeing if they are still employable mercenaries.:eek:

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predicted a L vs Detroit, so who knows…

If I had to guess I’d say we’ll probably lose this one though. But I think (hope) we’ll keep it respectable and closer than many expect.

I’ll say like chiefs 24-21 and hope that we keep it close enough late to make it interesting, make them sweat at least.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper KC is the pick. IMO it will be a bigger deal than people think that Love has already played them. They threw the kitchen sink at him defensively. He is much more seasoned now and they have tape on how KC may try to rattle him again. What stops me from predicting a GB victory is the other side of the ball. Reid and Mahomes vs. Barry does not give me a lot of confidence. GPG.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really have no earthly idea on this games score. The Packers are so dynamic in the sense we could get beat 33-13 or we could squeak out a Win in that 24-20 type area.

Much will be determined which Defense shows up. If we’re pressuring Mahomes we’d better keep a spy on him because he’s very crafty on his feet.

Our best chance is calling Tonya Harding and her X and seeing if they are still employable mercenaries.:eek:
I shouldn't laugh.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

How many times has this team lost by 3 TD's? I don't know what on earth would lead you to contemplate such a possibility. Shame on you.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to pressure Mahomes and not leave him run routes. Easier said than done. Conversely, have to give Love enough time and he has to see his escape routes and take them in time. Interesting to see who protects and blocks better at R guard and in general where weak links are on the line. Need some clean and hard hits on Pacheco.

Reaction score
How many times has this team lost by 3 TD's? I don't know what on earth would lead you to contemplate such a possibility. Shame on you.
Well….technically..that would be 1 point shy of 3TD but I had to account for Carlson missing an XP :whistling:

I would offer though that as much as we do fuss, our D rarely gives up high point losses. Although our secondary has been pretty banged up lately. If you had told me at the beginning of this season that J’aire, Rasul and Stokes would all be off the field simultaneously and we’d possibly be facing Mahomes without any of them? I’d have shed a tear.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will I be ecstatic if we should win? You betcha. But if not I hope they at least play them close.

I won't feel comfortable about team growth until I see them play like they did on Thanksgiving, consistently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am praying Dillon’s groin feels 100% or close because this is his day - this weather is Aj Dillon

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys;
-on offense, how well does Love handle their different blitz packages, and how well can they protect him.
-need to run the ball efficiently.
-on defense, they're going to need to keep their lanes and discipline up front, especially when rushing Mahomes.
-limit the big plays, hopefully you get a turnover or two.
Going to go against my gut on this one. Carlson gets it done at the end, Packers 27-24.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Chiefs are the Super Bowl champs, after all. We're improving, but I don't think we're quite at their level yet. I think the season still holds some ups and downs. My guess is we fall back to earth a bit tonight. But the any given Sunday rule still applies.

Members online

Latest posts