1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Packers vs Lions

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Nov 8, 2015.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Next week

2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Hopefully the Packers could get back to beating bad teams because they look like sh@t against good teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fadam1137

Fadam1137 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Tell me about it. GB could've won if they let Rodgers be more aggressive. Also, Adams and jones were running piss poor routes.

4. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    No better way to get back on track than a terrible Lions team coming to town.

We also saw late our passing offense get going for the first time in weeks. If that success carries over, this game is a blow out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fadam1137

Fadam1137 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    True, Det is terrible. Still a rival game. We should have a good homecoming Sunday

6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Nuttin' like home cooking and friendly fans.

7. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Agreed. I am worn out watching the Packers play good teams. Time for some lesser teams where the odds improve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Who's going to cover Megatron? The Lions will move the ball on us; and score some points. It's up to the offense to play like they mean it. Packers 37 Lions 34

9. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Shields

10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I`m curious......are you saying Rodgers was being held back by somebody ?? It`s a team game, and his contribution in the last two games has been as poor as everybody elses.

11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,609
    The Packers will blow out a terrible Lions team and everything will be fine. Until we play another good team of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
  13. Cheese Meister

Cheese Meister Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Well, we have four division teams right in a row. This could be good or bad. Personally, I'm a little nervous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    You may be right. But we won't blow them out unless the offense comes to play every quarter. We currently rank 28th in the league in 3-and-outs (http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2015/)

15. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,609
  16. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +663
    How much of this season have you 'expected'? :)

17. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962
    IMHO this game will serve as an opportunity for the Packers coaching brain trust to experiment with some fresh ideas on both sides of the ball -- players and schemes. Theoretically, it should not all that risky to try some new things since the Lions have been in as severe of a state of disarray as any NFL team to this point. They should be vulnerable enough. Even if everything should work against a bad Lions team, doing so may at least give future opponents more to prepare for -- perhaps helping to break the cycle of opposing defenses succeeding against a formerly potent offense that is now stagnant and seemingly predictable and a soft defense that has been getting gashed practically at will.

What may be worse is if the Packers stick with their tried (rearranging the letters spells "tired") and formerly true schemes and players. This would be especially so if the Lions make a game of it and keep the Packers close. Hopefully, this is not an opportunity lost.

18. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,908
    The little show on the sidelines between Dix, Raji and Peppers yesterday was very telling IMO. Yes, the D was getting their jocks handed to them all afternoon and were frustrated, but going after your own players? I'm sure we will hear from Camp McCarthy that this was nothing more then "competitive athletes blowing steam", but to me it was more a sign of disconnection and finger pointing. We have all seen the same look in Rodgers eyes and body posture this year, as well as the tossing of the IPad yesterday. But guys are starting to blame and question each other, that isn't good (see Dallas Cowboys).

This team to a man knows that they are better then the way they have been playing, so lets hope the coaches bring back some team unity and the Lions game serves as the adrenaline shot the players so badly need for their confidence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +135
    This should be a bye for GB if not let me have it on the next posts

20. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +135
    Careful........

21. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +135
    Do we have anyone else to return KO,s beside M Hyde what's the longest he ever broke? And I would like to see more of the other Packers Fullback "ski" he looks like a bull that's been caged to long and besides at this point experiments might be worth a try......

22. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +938
    Yeah, I'd like to see more of the kid, too. That catch and run was impressive .
    As to the Lions, yeah, we should win. But if it's close and we look shaky, well that'll be a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,908
    Hyde has returned 3 punts back for TD's (2013/2014) No kick returns for TD's . Ty Montgomery was returning kicks before his injury and besides Abby, Hyde was next up by default. I like him returning punts, but he seems average on kicks.

24. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +135
    Appreciate the info........

25. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,609
    Actually Hyde is average at best returning punts this season as well.

• Agree Agree x 1