2023 official Chiefs Week pregame thread...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is just that we are facing probably the best offense we will see this season. Even good defenses get humbled by KC.
I agree, but that wasn't the point of the discussion.

In response to my stating that we might see some more imaginative play-calling out of both teams due to both defenses being good, Pappa San said that we don't have a good defense. I disagreed.

There is no question that the Chiefs have a better offense and a better defense, but that doesn't mean that ours is bad.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been playing better lately and could win this game, but they're still a young team and I expect to see some inconsistency from then every now and then, so I'll say the Chiefs win. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but that wasn't the point of the discussion.

In response to my stating that we might see some more imaginative play-calling out of both teams due to both defenses being good, Pappa San said that we don't have a good defense. I disagreed.

There is no question that the Chiefs have a better offense and a better defense, but that doesn't mean that ours is bad.
I think we have a decent defense but not a great one. But consider our schedule. It is relative. We have not played Philly, Baltimore, Frisco, Buffalo, or Dallas or KC up until now. We did face the Chargers and the Lions and the Vikings. Outside of that we have seen second rate QBs. Now if we were playing last season's schedule you probably do not praise our defense as much because the numbers would be different.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been playing better lately and could win this game, but they're still a young team and I expect to see some inconsistency from then every now and then, so I'll say the Chiefs win. I'd be happy to be wrong though.
You, sir, need to turn in your fan card immediately. You can pick it up at the security office after the game.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats it Taylor Swift will show up. This will be over by halftime. The defense is still really beat up;

KC 33 GB 17

Reaction score
It is just that we are facing probably the best offense we will see this season. Even good defenses get humbled by KC.
That’s about the only thing I’m concerned with. Our Secondary still gave up some gashing plays but our DL really created problems for Detroit and forced 3 Turnovers. Mahomes is much more mobile and much more dynamic on the move than Goff. We really could use some help with returning starters such as Campbell or J’aire

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s about the only thing I’m concerned with. Our Secondary still gave up some gashing plays but our DL really created problems for Detroit and forced 3 Turnovers. Mahomes is much more mobile and much more dynamic on the move than Goff. We really could use some help with returning starters such as Campbell or J’aire
I don't think we have missed much if anything at all with McDuffie.

Reaction score
I don't think we have missed much if anything at all with McDuffie.
I disagree on that. McDuffie is pretty good in the Run game and tracking down receivers near LOS. Which has been a focus area recently.
While De’Vondre has taken some recent heat for not playing to ceiling? His not playing at All Pro level now (partly I think he’s been injured) we know what he’s capable of. He’s more athletic than Patrick dropping in coverage and snagging an errant throw or being sticky. You’ll also notice Campbell is better at shedding 2nd level blocks with a wonderful stiff arm retraction.
Nothing wrong with McDuffie as he’s good for a short term “backup” and serviceable to quality hustle. Given which LB to play Campbell easily gets the nod though and especially against teams who can throw the ball, which is KC.

You could really say similar with J’aire. We’re just used to All Pro Ja so when he’s pedestrian level in a game our expectation isn’t met.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I give the Packers 0% chance of beating the Chiefs.
After watching the Packers through 8 games this year, I do not expect to win any games. I can only hope.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is going to be tough. Not sure our OL is up to the task. They have been playing better as of late - enough to surprise the Lions. But the Chiefs won't be caught off guard.

Mahommes' offense doesnt scare me and I think our defense can hang tough and compete with them. But can we move the ball against their defense? Love can do it, but it will take everything he has showed last week and more.

We had the mini bye and we will be more rested. Our youth didn't need as much rest anyway as the older Chiefs.

I will be at the game and the Packers have only lost 1 game I have attended in the last 10 years. Seriously.

Therefore, I have to go Packers 23-20 in an exciting game down to the last play (a sack by LVN).

Members online

Latest posts