Official Packers vs Chargers

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Difficult week for the Chargers. Devastating loss, short week to recover for their wounded and have to quickly prepare to face a juggernaut two time zones away in an environment where it's almost impossible to win. Their staff's mettle will be challenged to see if they can find a way to get their guys ready to execute consistently with a badly depleted o-line against a sack & turnover thirsty defense with a QB that has a penchant for throwing balls to places he shouldn't.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe the Packers WILL win but they played a "Let down" in New Orleans last season. the game before the bye. They played terribly. I was thinking of that game when I made my post.

The Packers are 5-3 before a bye week over McCarthy´s tenure. Rodgers injuring his hamstring at New Orleans last season was a major factor in losing that game. I don´t expect a let down by the team on Sunday.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I posted doesn't depend upon context: I wrote "It’ll be interesting to see how Melvin Gordon does" and then recited Gordon's stats. No context required.

I was speaking a little tongue in cheek, and a little in truth. You can't judge Melvin Gordon's performance with the O-line in front of him given how horrible they are.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was speaking a little tongue in cheek, and a little in truth. You can't judge Melvin Gordon's performance with the O-line in front of him given how horrible they are.

Didn't people say the same thing about Brandon Jackson?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't people say the same thing about Brandon Jackson?

Brandon Jackson did run behind a bad line but even that line was much better than what San Diego has. yes he did play at a mediocre level and yes we all knew why, he consistently danced in the hold, rarely attacked openings with power or decisiveness. So far Melvin Gordon has been one of the top runners in the league in terms of runs over 20+ yards and yards gained after contact. Gordon is running well, but one can only do so much with the blockers he has in front of him. When they block at even a mediocre level he looks very good. But too frequently they're giving up penetration right at the snap.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've only seen a few parts of SD games and from the little I saw, there weren't any backs that were going to look good with that blocking that I saw.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just lost to Vick.....We're gonna go off in this one.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My point was only that it'll be interesting to see Gordon and then I listed his stats without comment. I'm not sure why you assumed I was judging him negatively: Before last night's game he was averaging 4.1 ypc, just like Eddie Lacy, who I think is pretty damn good.

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be joining 29 others from the UKPackers fan group on their first ever trip to Lambeau to watch this game. We will travel 4200 miles each to watch it. Really hoping for a victory for the lads sake. Long way to travel for a loss! Tailgating at Bart Starr plaza Sunday before the game. Watch out for this flying during the game!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be joining 29 others from the UKPackers fan group on their first ever trip to Lambeau to watch this game. We will travel 4200 miles each to watch it. Really hoping for a victory for the lads sake. Long way to travel for a loss! Tailgating at Bart Starr plaza Sunday before the game. Watch out for this flying during the game!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Win or lose, you're going to have a great experience. Enjoy. (Of course, it makes it all the better if the good guys win). If you have time, take in the Packer Hall of Fame, a must for every Packer Fan.

Sky King

Reaction score
The regular uniforms since Lombardi have had some tweaks. The stripes on the sleeves have changed in number, for example, and the pants went from dull "gold" to shiny. Nevertheless, that's over 50 years of retaining the same basic uniform.

In 1960 the original eight AFL teams began playing. A year later the Dallas, Minnesota, Atlanta and New Orleans franchises joined the NFL. Virtually all of those teams throwback uniforms go back to that era. Why not the Packers? Too bad the Packers have not yet chosen that first uniform of the Lombardi era for one of their annual throwbacks. All the uniforms prior to that era just aren't that interesting to me. It's enough to see them in the Packer HOF museum. But there's money to be made by all the teams selling those throwbacks, ugly or not. If you're a collector of such things then you've gotta have it, I $uppo$e.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game we really put a blowout up.

While I was a little disappointed our O didn't quite match the output of our D yesterday, the Rams are a team that can cause difficulty for good teams, giving the Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers all they can handle and beating 2 of those aforementioned teams and even if they don't have a winning record at the end of this year, they'll still come away with more surprises in that bag of tricks of theirs. They got athletes and will compete.

This Charger team meanwhile, I'd have no faith in them if I was their fans right now. Philip Rivers has royally lost it lately, their O-line has struggled against good D-lines, and unless our WRs get more banged up or something, I don't think their corners are going to matchup too good against our guys. And yes, most of their big trips out to the central time zone or beyond have been pretty bad as of late. Yeah our last game with them was a shootout, but our D wasn't that good that year, they don't have Vincent Jackson anymore, Antonio Gates's career is almost over and he's been practically invisible this year, and outside of Melvin, their weapons seem to be scarce.

Pack 37 SD 17
Gates was suspended for the first 4 games and I would hardly call 9 catches for 92 yards and 2 TD's in his first game back practically invisible.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gates was suspended for the first 4 games and I would hardly call 9 catches for 92 yards and 2 TD's in his first game back practically invisible.

To add to what Sschind said, not only was this the first game for Gates, but Woodhead and Keenan Allen are having great years. Rivers is a really good QB, but they have third stringers on their O-Line trying to protect him. Gordon is not having a great year, and I put a lot of that on the O-Line, no fullback and their TE's are not great blockers.

Defensively, they are small in the secondary, and have very little in the way of playmakers.

I fear for Rivers. He is not mobile, but is very tough. He most likely will get hit a lot in this game. Without Rivers, this is a 3 win team. With him, it is a .500 team.

All that being said, we are hurting in the secondary, receivers are thin and our own O-Line is weakened. Linebacking is getting thin and Raji is coming off an injury. Is Lacy still running with a taped ankle?

We are not without weakness, so although I think we win big, we cannot afford for anything to go wrong. If we get through this, then let's just get to the bye week and let some things heal for the stretch run. Nothing is certain, but unless something really bad happens, I believe we win big.

Disclaimer: I predict a Super Bowl Season every year in August, so take my statements with a grain of salt.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rivers will be the best QB we have faced so far this season. Can't let him get comfortable or into a groove and we walk away with the game. Capers dials up some early blitz packages and AR gets his groove back at home.... 38-17 win

D

Deleted member 6794

All that being said, we are hurting in the secondary, receivers are thin and our own O-Line is weakened.

Burnett is the only player in the secondary who would get significant playing time being hurt and I guess it's possible he could return for the Chargers game.

Members online

Latest posts