Official Packers vs Chargers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone hear or read anything about Abby? Wasn't watching super close for him this week, but did he see any action? I think Cobb, Jones and Montgomery are all playing well, but just seems like there is something missing right now and I can't put my finger on it, maybe speed or crisp route running? The Charger game might be a good time to give Abby some reps and see if he opens things up a bit downfield.

D

Deleted member 6794

Anyone hear or read anything about Abby? Wasn't watching super close for him this week, but did he see any action?

Abbrederis played one snap yesterday vs. the Rams. I don't know if it means anything but Janis didn't get any with the offense.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No game is ever a lock, but SD on a short week, coming to GB and with the way our defense is playing, this is a good game to have before our bye. As much as I want to see Burnett, Adams, Lang, Perry, Raji and all the other walking wounded back playing, this might be the time to sit them and give them an extra 3 weeks to hopefully heal up for the Sunday night game in Denver on 11/1 and the rest of the season.

I get what your saying with Lang, Perry and Raji and how extra time off might not be a bad idea but if either Adams or Burnett are gtg then getting them out there if not for any better reason then to shake off the rust they've accumulated before the Denver game might not be the worst of ideas

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis played one snap yesterday vs. the Rams. I don't know if it means anything but Janis didn't get any with the offense.

I wouldn't ready anymore into it other then that both Janis and Abby draw more interest from fans than anyone else ever that hasn't already shown to be a NFL player

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
if either Adams or Burnett are gtg then getting them out there if not for any better reason then to shake off the rust they've accumulated before the Denver game might not be the worst of ideas

GTG being the key phrase, since from what I have read, they both came back too early the first time and re aggravated their injuries. We are winning without them, why not give them both 3 weeks to further heel and be full strength of the stretch run?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GTG being the key phrase, since from what I have read, they both came back too early the first time and re aggravated their injuries. We are winning without them, why not give them both 3 weeks to further heel and be full strength of the stretch run?

Well they've both allready had a few weeks off and im not saying rush them back. Just that you don't have to be ultra conservative with them.

And also in terms of being ready for Denver if both of them sit this week that'll end up being what? Close to a month n a half since their last action? But really it's not like SD is some horrible team and the added depletion of talent both does and will take its toll.

Really if they're gtg you play them. If they're not sit em. But arbitrarily saying sit them to make sure their healthy after the bye makes little sense to me and I'd wager the Packers agree otherwise Bulaga would still be sitting out till Denver.

Also by the logic that "since we're winning why not sit them?" Then we should sit Lacy also to rest him up

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be predicting any blow-out wins for a while. Without Jordy, they don't have that take-the-top-off-the-defense guy, and the current crop of receivers is having trouble getting separation. Lacy is not 100% either. The Pack must rely on long, sustained drives, often requiring them to pick up four or five first downs. It's a lot tougher to be perfect on third down than it is to toss a 70-yard pass to Jordy and then kick an extra point, even if you have Aaron Rodgers.

As long as the defense plays the way it has, and the offense can provide 20+ points, we should continue to beat teams like the Chargers at home.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be predicting any blow-out wins for a while. Without Jordy, they don't have that take-the-top-off-the-defense guy, and the current crop of receivers is having trouble getting separation. Lacy is not 100% either. The Pack must rely on long, sustained drives, often requiring them to pick up four or five first downs. It's a lot tougher to be perfect on third down than it is to toss a 70-yard pass to Jordy and then kick an extra point, even if you have Aaron Rodgers.

As long as the defense plays the way it has, and the offense can provide 20+ points, we should continue to beat teams like the Chargers at home.

I agree but will add that I think they were thinking Adams could've been and could still be that deep ball threat for them with improved route running just that he's been hurt all year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All I am saying is, if there are players that could use the extended break between now and Nov. 1 to fully heal and get healthy for the remainder of the season, the wise move is to sit them in a game we can and are fully expected to win without them. Again, it was reported that both Adams and Burnett may have tried to come back too soon and re-aggravated the same injuries.

If its a matter of just playing through the pain of healing (Cobb/Bulaga) with little risk of re-aggravating their current injury, then yes, they should play.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but will add that I think they were thinking Adams could've been and could still be that deep ball threat for them with improved route running just that he's been hurt all year.

And when he does return, who knows how healthy he will be?

The Packers are going to have to get it done differently than they have in the past. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not as exciting.

Sky King

Reaction score
Will this be the game? Theoretically, when the less experienced players step-up to replace injured teammates they are better prepared to handle such assignments later on, especially during the playoffs. So far, the schedule may have caused the coaches to be cautious about giving such opportunities to Abbrederis and Janis. The Chargers are not patsies. But if not this game then when?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And when he does return, who knows how healthy he will be?

The Packers are going to have to get it done differently than they have in the past. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not as exciting.

True but I have to believe the training staff will have some kind of idea

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be in Vegas this weekend, the Packers are 5-0 against the spread this season (despite the books upping the # because the public bets so heavily on GB), and due to a family member who is inexplicably a Bolts fan I am very familiar with the mediocre (and very injured at all the wrong places) Chargers. San Diego has a key Monday night game tonight before traveling to face the Pack on a short week - a Pack team that should be fired up to (i) right the offensive wrongs against the worst D they've faced in some time and (ii) collect some more sacks from the statue of virility QBing SD before celebrating the bye week.

I hate betting on the Pack because it Please, please, please somebody why the Pack does not win this by 10+ points.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers should provide a good game, but I'm not expecting anything tough. I think that our offense will improve and the national media will begin hyping up the undefeated Packers going to Denver for a prime time matchup.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything players don't like to stew on a loss for an extra week so a "let down game" seems unlikely
I believe the Packers WILL win but they played a "Let down" in New Orleans last season. the game before the bye. They played terribly. I was thinking of that game when I made my post.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be a tougher game than usual for the Chargers - they'll be coming off a Monday night game so it'll be a short week for them. Going into tomorrow night's game they're averaging 24 pts/game on offense and surrendering 22.6 pts/game. It’ll be interesting to see how Melvin Gordon does. He’s averaging 14 rushes per game at a 4.1ypc clip and he has 6 receptions for a 5.7 yd average.

Depends upon context, some of the best running Ive seen this season has come from Melvin Gordon. He looks like a tremendous player when he's evading 1 2 and sometimes 3 defenders on his way back to the Line of scrimmage.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Charger team is looking BAD. They aren't scoring hardly any points against us that's for sure. Can't even hardly move the ball against Pitt.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Their offensive line looks bad at multiple positions. Clay Matthews & Julius Peppers can already smell blood in the water.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Depends upon context, some of the best running Ive seen this season has come from Melvin Gordon. He looks like a tremendous player when he's evading 1 2 and sometimes 3 defenders on his way back to the Line of scrimmage.
What I posted doesn't depend upon context: I wrote "It’ll be interesting to see how Melvin Gordon does" and then recited Gordon's stats. No context required.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice opening drive for the Chargers (against Pittsburgh), a lot of Antonio Gates, who was wide open multiple times. After that, it seems the Steelers defense adjusted, and for much of the game the Charger offense was anemic.

I hope it's that way Sunday. Go Pack Go.

Members online

Latest posts