Official 2023 week 3 pregame thread: Home opener vs the undefeated Saints

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Watching some of the 4th Q again, Love is impressive. He totally maintained his composure and made some really nice throws.

Can someone watch this diving Jayden Reed catch again and explain to me why it was marked on the 15 yard line and not the 11 or 12.

HINT....This is the NFL, not college.

Just really irks me when refs can't spot the ball correctly.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Def played great
They only gave up 10 points which included the possession getting the ball for a short field due to the 4th down stop. However, Barry played soft even when Winston took over. Jaire was out and that definitely hurt coverage on that side. Had Carr been able to play the outcome could have been different but Winston is not new to the QB position.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They only gave up 10 points which included the possession getting the ball for a short field due to the 4th down stop. However, Barry played soft even when Winston took over. Jaire was out and that definitely hurt coverage on that side. Had Carr been able to play the outcome could have been different but Winston is not new to the QB position.
The defense held Carr to 1 TD drive and that was early in the game. Another FG just before halftime. It's not like he was moving the team up and down the field after halftime. I think Olave did most of his damage after Valentine went out.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell is Bakhtiari still on the team? Can't we get like a 3rd rounder or something for him? He has played a total of THIRTEEN games since 2020. He's expensive and unreliable. I'm about done with him. He's great when he can play but we'd be better off finding his long-term replacement now.
I get the sentiment. I just highly doubt anyone at this point is going to offer much for him. Maybe, just maybe at the deadline a 4th or a 5th. Even a desperate team would need to have some sort of confidence he could get back on the field. This is my wishful thinking. He sat yesterday because if he played there is no way he is back on the short week against Detroit. At LV on Monday night gives him 10 days between games. They then have the bye week. I am hoping to see Bakh in the next 3 games. If not in at least 2 of the 3 I may come around to your thinking.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get the sentiment. I just highly doubt anyone at this point is going to offer much for him. Maybe, just maybe at the deadline a 4th or a 5th. Even a desperate team would need to have some sort of confidence he could get back on the field. This is my wishful thinking. He sat yesterday because if he played there is no way he is back on the short week against Detroit. At LV on Monday night gives him 10 days between games. They then have the bye week. I am hoping to see Bakh in the next 3 games. If not in at least 2 of the 3 I may come around to your thinking.
Yeah, at this point, the Packers are all in with Bahk, at least until the trade deadline. If he was available for games and the Packers find themselves at 2-5 after the Viking game, then maybe he becomes trade bait. Otherwise, play the season out, with whatever you can get from him and reevaluate a trade/cut/restructure after the season.

Reaction score
Yeah, at this point, the Packers are all in with Bahk, at least until the trade deadline. If he was available for games and the Packers find themselves at 2-5 after the Viking game, then maybe he becomes trade bait. Otherwise, play the season out, with whatever you can get from him and reevaluate a trade/cut/restructure after the season.
Honestly if we can get 9-10 games out of him I’d just keep him. When he plays he’s very good. I highly doubt we’d get much for him in his condition anyway. I’m in agreement that we should just keep David through the season or at least until we’re eliminated.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Tackling as a whole seems better this season. Fewer "hit with the shoulder and hope they fall" and more take out their ankles and see if they can still run. Still disappointed with the lineman jumping in to knock the pile over when they are going the wrong way. Also would like to see fewer strip out the ball attempts until the player is stopped. 5 -6 times per game for 3-5 yards each time. Difference between 2nd & 7 and 2nd & 3.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m in agreement that we should just keep David through the season or at least until we’re eliminated.
With 2 wins, in what appears to be another weak NFC North, I doubt the Packers are eliminated from playoff contention, if at all, until after the trade deadline.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of bad tackling and the Saints I will never forget the time Kamara broke 7 or 8 tackles on his way to a huge play against the Pack. Can't quite remember if it was a TD ( me thinks it was) or not but it was embarrassing to say the least.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of bad tackling and the Saints I will never forget the time Kamara broke 7 or 8 tackles on his way to a huge play against the Pack. Can't quite remember if it was a TD ( me thinks it was) or not but it was embarrassing to say the least.
Not having Kamara Sunday helped even out the game since we were missing some top names. I think the Saints run their offense differently when he is playing. Carr has not had the chance to play with him yet.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have really shot themselves in the foot so far. About 9 turnovers in 3 games. Sure they miss Cook and Thielen but they have other players. They have lost 3 close ones. Total opposite of last season. I just tell them to keep it up.

Members online

Latest posts