Official 2023 week 3 pregame thread: Home opener vs the undefeated Saints

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is another tough test, Saints are better than the Bears...I'm mixed on whether I feel they're a better team than the Falcons...I see them very similar. If Jones and Watson both play I think we put up 30 (so long as weather not bad)....if both of them are out again, I am worried for a very hot and cold day again like in ATL.

I'll predict 31 - 24 as the defense comes through with two turnovers this week and is the difference, while I think Love throws his first pick but also tosses two more TDs.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is another tough test, Saints are better than the Bears...I'm mixed on whether I feel they're a better team than the Falcons...I see them very similar. If Jones and Watson both play I think we put up 30 (so long as weather not bad)....if both of them are out again, I am worried for a very hot and cold day again like in ATL.

I'll predict 31 - 24 as the defense comes through with two turnovers this week and is the difference, while I think Love throws his first pick but also tosses two more TDs.
JMO, but with the Aints missing both Kamara and Jamaal, the Falcons are the better team.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we can all agree that missing Aaron Jones makes a MUCH bigger difference than missing Christian Watson. Playing at home and having Jones back should be all that we need to beat the Saints. A healthy left side of our OL would also help!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Tony Jones ran really hard last night. And that's our achilles heel. So I hope Barry lines us up correctly for that. And they have some really good receivers. So I hope Barry lines us up correctly as the situation calls for. Would like to see us play tight (with cornerbacks!) when it's 3rd and short. Especially since we should be able to rush the passer. Probably put Jaire on Olave. Very interesting to see who takes over for Jenkins and which side he plays. Don't think it should be automatic he plays the left side. I think the play calling on both sides of the ball (for us) determines the winner. Go Pack Go!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints are a very similar team to the Falcons. Good offensive line that likes to pound the rock. They also have a good defense. Where I give them the edge over the Falcons is at QB. At this stage of their careers, I'll take Derek Carr and Olave over Ridder and London. The Saints will be a tougher contest to win than the Falcons if the injury situation doesn't improve. If Jones, Watson and Bahktiari play, I see the Packers winning a tight game 24-21 even if Love's performance comes more in line with a QB making his 4th start in the NFL. Love has greatly exceeding expectations and looks like a top 10 QB. Can that really continue? I hope so but expect him to have some bad games.

Reaction score
JMO, but with the Aints missing both Kamara and Jamaal, the Falcons are the better team.
Jamaal has 80 yards from scrimmage across 2 contests at 2.8 per touch. Last night he was 9 rushes for 2.7 per. He’s been good in the recent past but he’s not that much of a factor imo.

Reaction score
I would rather face the Saints at Lambeau than Atlanta on the road. Yeah they both buried The Panthers but that isn’t saying a whole lot. We’d be 4 point favorites playing Carolina in Charlotte

We went in last week wounded and on the road. We should’ve Won that game and everyone knows we had multiple self inflicted wounds. I watched Atlanta continually celebrate on plays they didn’t even have any effect whatsoever. The only thing worse would’ve been Love also being out. I suspect we’ll get back track with either Jones or Watson this week. We knew this year would comes with ups n down. This week is our ups.
We’re playing at home against a team traveling on a short week. We match up good to this Saints team as opposed to past years. I fully expect to see at minimum 1 of Jones, Watson or Bak or possibly 2 of them.
GB 26 Saints 23

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have to account for Hill when he is on the field. Saints D will press our receivers so Love will not necessarily be able to get the ball out right away. And they play physical on both sides. Without Jones winning will be much more difficult. If Bahk plays I suspect he will miss the TNF contest against the Lions. Not enough time for swelling to go down.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great point on Bakh. I would rather have him against the Lions. Followed with a long week for the MNF game in Vegas and then the bye week before playing at Denver.

Reaction score
Much of this game will depend on how many starters are out. We know Jenkins is out. I’m not seeing any word on Bak but things won’t go smoothly if both starters on our left side are out. Will have to keep a TE home on that left side on most plays. We can’t afford have Jordan get banged up.
I’m revising my final score until I see an injury report.
Saints 21 Packers 17

At this juncture I’d rather have Bak than anyone on that injury list. Jordan is good enough to hit some throws if he’s kept clean through a couple of reads. Even with an inexperienced supporting cast. We’re going to have a tough time on Offense if we keep missing 4+ starters

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great point on Bakh. I would rather have him against the Lions. Followed with a long week for the MNF game in Vegas and then the bye week before playing at Denver.
Sound like a coach. Options are not good. We are cutting our losses.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Tony Jones ran really hard last night. And that's our achilles heel. So I hope Barry lines us up correctly for that. And they have some really good receivers. So I hope Barry lines us up correctly as the situation calls for. Would like to see us play tight (with cornerbacks!) when it's 3rd and short. Especially since we should be able to rush the passer. Probably put Jaire on Olave. Very interesting to see who takes over for Jenkins and which side he plays. Don't think it should be automatic he plays the left side. I think the play calling on both sides of the ball (for us) determines the winner. Go Pack Go!
The Panthers still sacked Carr 4 times. We should get to him if we are good on 1st down. Hill is another one to key on if he is out there. A few years back Z forced him to fumble which gave us the victory.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much of this game will depend on how many starters are out. We know Jenkins is out. I’m not seeing any word on Bak but things won’t go smoothly if both starters on our left side are out. Will have to keep a TE home on that left side on most plays. We can’t afford have Jordan get banged up.
Saints 21 Packers 17

At this juncture I’d rather have Bak than anyone on that injury list. Jordan is good enough to hit some throws if he’s kept clean through a couple of reads. Even with an inexperienced supporting cast. We’re going to have a tough time on Offense if we keep missing 4+ starters
The Saints were on the road as well in a tight one but they played a much better 4th quarter than we did and sealed the victory. By the way I will be at this game. Almost forgot.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Panthers still sacked Carr 4 times. We should get to him if we are good on 1st down. Hill is another one to key on if he is out there. A few years back Z forced him to fumble which gave us the victory.
Yes, I meant to mention Hill. He was going for very good yardage on all his runs that I remember, and he made a good pass completion also.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I meant to mention Hill. He was going for very good yardage on all his runs that I remember, and he made a good pass completion also.
He is there Wild Catter. Kind of a Michael Vick off the bench. Barry has got to see that.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Love and company do not wilt at the end of the game like they did in Atlanta and the D tackles better this week. We can't let opposing RBs run wild on us. I'm not too concerned about whether we win or not. It would be nice but this year all I want to see is improvement every week. Most first year starting QBs (including AR in 2008) are very up and down while they get used the speed of the NFL in their first season under center. I like what I've been able to see so far of Love (we didn't get last week's game down here but will this week). If he continues to improve and shows he is a quality starting QB that will be a bigger deal to me than whatever our record is come January.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints 21 Packers 17

I will wait until Saturday. Now MLF may confuse us and do a game time decision. Even if they did play Jones I believe MLF would limit him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win One for the Gipper Milani!
I had the misfortune of attending the 27-10 Jet humiliation last year. That was about the worst home performance in a Rodgers-Favre fully played game since 2006. And I had to be there to see it.

Members online

Latest posts