Official Packers vs Chargers

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here’s McGinn’s scouting report on the Chargers: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...rs-scouting-report-b99595939z1-332601362.html

If the Chargers start the same OL that played against the Steelers, they’ll have one OL playing the position they envisioned at the start of the season. Their starting RT has had to shift to LT because their backup LT was out and the others are backups.

With the way the Packers front 7 has been playing their greatest obstacle on defense may be overconfidence. McGinn says Rivers is smart and gets the ball out quickly but we’ve seen the kind of pressure the D can get against better OLs. And he isn't a running threat as Wilson and Kaepernick were.

BTW, I was reminded that Ron Wolf consulted with the Chargers in 2013. He has a very high opinion of their owner.
I will be joining 29 others from the UKPackers fan group on their first ever trip to Lambeau to watch this game.
That's fantastic - you all should have a great time. (Sorry about the throw-back uniforms but other than that... :D)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams, Morgan Burnett and Jake Ryan returned to practice today. T.J. Lang was also participating.

astarr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be curious to see how the defense responds to the check down passing game for which Rivers is somewhat accustomed to. Danny Woodhead and Melvin Gordon (last week anyway) each play a big role in that passing game. The defense has looked great thus far, I hope it continues

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I will be joining 29 others from the UKPackers fan group on their first ever trip to Lambeau to watch this game. We will travel 4200 miles each to watch it. Really hoping for a victory for the lads sake. Long way to travel for a loss! Tailgating at Bart Starr plaza Sunday before the game. Watch out for this flying during the game!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I'm going to look for the gang!!

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our chances in this one, but as always, I wont say this is a guarantee by any means. San Diego coming off a short week is good for us, but with them losing the way they did, it will be interesting whether or not that energizes them or hurts them. Rivers can throw the ball and Antonio Gates looks good. However, if our defense can put pressure on Rivers, that will stop it. Also, I look for Rodgers and the offense to have a good day. It could be close, but if so, I'll say we pull away at the end.

Chargers: 17
Packers: 30

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction

Packers 31
Thunderbolts 13

Two ways this gets ugly quick: If the Chargers don't work screens or bring extra blockers early to hold off our pass rush or if Rodgers heats up at home. Can't see Rodgers and Lacy both being held down for consecutive weeks either.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2011 I went to the Packer/Chargers game in San Diego. Drizzle and rain off and on and a shoot out. it was a great game!

I was there too! Tons of charger fans left early and then they tried to get back in when the Chargers mounted their "comeback" lol it was great

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report:

Doubtful: Perry, Raji
Questionable: Adams, Burnett, Gunter
Probable: Bulaga, Cobb, Goodson, James Jones, Lang, Ryan

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Chargers injury report is a calamity. We look fresh, rested, and healthy compared to their mess. Wonder how good their depth is?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers injury report is a calamity. We look fresh, rested, and healthy compared to their mess. Wonder how good their depth is?

Not good. Their O-line has guys playing that most local SD fans had not even heard of a couple weeks ago. Living here in San Diego, the locals are all thinking complete blowout. They don't know how many injuries we have too, so they think it is show up, get blown out and return home. The Packer fans on talk radio are more optimistic about an upset than the Charger fans are.

The only real optimism they have is their two tight ends and Keenan Allen getting thrown too from Rivers, although a lot are worried that Rivers might not make it through the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport reports that Davante Adams isn't expected to play vs. the Chargers today.

More rest for Adams so that hopefully he will be ready to go for the rest of the season. Packers are 5-0, 6-0 would be nice going into the bye week. I keep looking at the teams we have beat and those teams current record, we are going to need healthy bodies to keep winning against some stronger opponents.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We in perfect position right now, our dline should be able to feast on their online and put pressure on rivers all day. Then we get a bye and extra week to get healthy and prep for Denver.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Or if they say the Rivers is elite and is around the same status as Rodgers and Brady.

Easy to negatively judge a player you don't see very often. What Rivers has been able to do with the rag tag mix and match assortment of offensive linemen has been nothing short of spectacular. But you have to see the games to realize that.