Official Packers vs Chargers

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking Rodgers goes off in this one. He'll be pretty hungry to redeem his last two outings.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking Rodgers goes off in this one. He'll be pretty hungry to redeem his last two outings.

I'd have to agree with you. It's not often when Rodgers has 2 poor (by Aaron Rodgers standards) games. I don't see him having another bad one. He will have a big game hopefully.

This will also be a big game for the D as well. Rivers is easily better then any QB the Pack have faced so far and might be one of the better ones they will face this whole season. If the D decides to take a step back I can see this one becoming a shootout.

Lacy also needs to step up.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
San Diego Super Chargers.
Great, I have to listen to this stinking song every other week, when the Chargers win, and I hate it. They are a .500 team, give or take. Rivers is Flacco, is Eli, is any other mid tier QB. He is the modern day Bernie Kosar. The running game is mid tier, receivers are Allen and a bunch of no names and their big name TE is an old man. The biggest threat on this team is Woodhead.

Defensively they are an ok but not great team. I see this as a fairly large double digit win.

And no offense to you Packerlifer, I know you just posted the song, but good lord, I have had to listen for the last 15 years how the Bolts are a "Super Bowl" contender, and yet to see it happen. They are the Lions of the AFC West.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If there is a rabid over-the-top Chargers fan who logs on and spews wildly optimistic proclamations, please, for the love of God, LT SUSPEND MY ACCOUNT FOR ONE WEEK.

Thank you, in advance.

:D

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This should be a tougher game than usual for the Chargers - they'll be coming off a Monday night game so it'll be a short week for them. Going into tomorrow night's game they're averaging 24 pts/game on offense and surrendering 22.6 pts/game. It’ll be interesting to see how Melvin Gordon does. He’s averaging 14 rushes per game at a 4.1ypc clip and he has 6 receptions for a 5.7 yd average.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is a rabid over-the-top Chargers fan who logs on and spews wildly optimistic proclamations, please, for the love of God, LT SUSPEND MY ACCOUNT FOR ONE WEEK.

Thank you, in advance.

:D

Or if they say the Rivers is elite and is around the same status as Rodgers and Brady.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once they get east of the Rockies, I typically pick them to lose. Rarely am I disappointed (probably selective memory.)

Since 2010, the Chargers are 11-16 on the road east of the Rockies. In road games in the Rockies or west of, they are 7-6. This isn't including the playoffs.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game we really put a blowout up.

While I was a little disappointed our O didn't quite match the output of our D yesterday, the Rams are a team that can cause difficulty for good teams, giving the Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers all they can handle and beating 2 of those aforementioned teams and even if they don't have a winning record at the end of this year, they'll still come away with more surprises in that bag of tricks of theirs. They got athletes and will compete.

This Charger team meanwhile, I'd have no faith in them if I was their fans right now. Philip Rivers has royally lost it lately, their O-line has struggled against good D-lines, and unless our WRs get more banged up or something, I don't think their corners are going to matchup too good against our guys. And yes, most of their big trips out to the central time zone or beyond have been pretty bad as of late. Yeah our last game with them was a shootout, but our D wasn't that good that year, they don't have Vincent Jackson anymore, Antonio Gates's career is almost over and he's been practically invisible this year, and outside of Melvin, their weapons seem to be scarce.

Pack 37 SD 17

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game we really put a blowout up.

While I was a little disappointed our O didn't quite match the output of our D yesterday, the Rams are a team that can cause difficulty for good teams, giving the Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers all they can handle and beating 2 of those aforementioned teams and even if they don't have a winning record at the end of this year, they'll still come away with more surprises in that bag of tricks of theirs. They got athletes and will compete.

This Charger team meanwhile, I'd have no faith in them if I was their fans right now. Philip Rivers has royally lost it lately, their O-line has struggled against good D-lines, and unless our WRs get more banged up or something, I don't think their corners are going to matchup too good against our guys. And yes, most of their big trips out to the central time zone or beyond have been pretty bad as of late.

Pack 37 SD 17

I agree. Rodgers has a huge game and the D comes up with yet another great performance.
I do think Rivers will rack up some yards though. All they will be doing the second half is airing it out and hope for the best. Lots of garbage time yards.

45 Pack 24 SD

D

Deleted member 6794

This should be a tougher game than usual for the Chargers - they'll be coming off a Monday night game so it'll be a short week for them. Going into tomorrow night's game they're averaging 24 pts/game on offense and surrendering 22.6 pts/game.

The Chargers are allowing an average of 27.5 points per game as of now, ranking 24th in the league.

This Charger team meanwhile, I'd have no faith in them if I was their fans right now. Philip Rivers has royally lost it lately, their O-line has struggled against good D-lines, and unless our WRs get more banged up or something, I don't think their corners are going to matchup too good against our guys. And yes, most of their big trips out to the central time zone or beyond have been pretty bad as of late. Yeah our last game with them was a shootout, but our D wasn't that good that year, they don't have Vincent Jackson anymore, Antonio Gates's career is almost over and he's been practically invisible this year, and outside of Melvin, their weapons seem to be scarce.

The Chargers still boast one of the best passing offenses in the NFL. With that being said I'm not worried about it the way our defense is playing. Other than that San Diego is a below average team and with them coming of a Monday night game I expect the Packers to win fairly comfortable.

D

Deleted member 6794

Are we expecting Davante back for the game?

The Packers have said he will be evaluated on a game-by-game basis but with the bye week coming after the Chargers game I don't expect him to be back on Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with how he kept re-aggrevating it and seemingly making it worse, I think they'll give him that extra week too. We're in a good position and we'll need him for the rest of the season as healthy as we can be. No need risking it for one game and putting him right back where he started a few weeks ago.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have said he will be evaluated on a game-by-game basis but with the bye week coming after the Chargers game I don't expect him to be back on Sunday.
Would be a good move tbh, would rather him get to 100%

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd also love to see Eddie have a breakout game, maybe a couple of TD's.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No game is ever a lock, but SD on a short week, coming to GB and with the way our defense is playing, this is a good game to have before our bye. As much as I want to see Burnett, Adams, Lang, Perry, Raji and all the other walking wounded back playing, this might be the time to sit them and give them an extra 3 weeks to hopefully heal up for the Sunday night game in Denver on 11/1 and the rest of the season.