OFFICIAL Mike McCarthy Took Back Play callin

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same issues we saw in all playoff losses.

But I was told I was wrong....

Not the play calling

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny that we want McCarthy to call plays again. :(

For the record I never wanted him to stop. Some silly fans did and they were so wrong about his playcalling it's laughable. Now we gotta put up with this idiot Clements calling them and running the offense into the ground. I will not be satisfied until he is booted out of Titletown.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record I never wanted him to stop. Some silly fans did and they were so wrong about his playcalling it's laughable. Now we gotta put up with this idiot Clements calling them and running the offense into the ground. I will not be satisfied until he is booted out of Titletown.

Will a new OC prevent Rodgers from over throwing, or tossing ion the ground?

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this board's going to go crazy this week full of psychos raving about blowing the team up and making all kinds of extreme moves, I'm not going to go for that and I don't for one minute even after this loss think that this team is unsalvageable, I really think we will get the monster under control. There'll be plenty other threads going on around here going off on Capers so please keep that talk out of this thread. But I do think Tom Clements and Edgar Bennet are really struggling with this play calling stuff and really are struggling to get these guys going in the right direction. There's been some things, some of them little but some more major that have really stood out to me this year that to me have been bad signs of this :

1. Play clock always ticking down super far before Rodgers snaps it -- I swear in every game every year I've seen before this, I don't ever remember Rodgers having to try and hurry up to get that snap off or have to unnecessarily burn timeouts like he's had to do at exorbitant rates this year. There is clearly a dysfunction in the huddle with players understanding their assignments and what the play is, and I don't recall this ever being a problem when Mike McCarthy ran things.

2. I saw wide receivers today look like they were having some confusion about routes too. And these are vets we're talking about, or at least people who've been here long enough that they should know where they're going on a play, and what's going on.

3. Protection assignment issues -- no doubt Bahktiari and Lindsley struggled today and have to get better or be replaced, but really seems like there's some confusion there too over who should pick up who. I have not seen that go on at that rate since Mike McCarthy was running things here, and this year this whole thing just seems way off.

I really think those of you who kept complaining about Mike McCarthy's play calling last year owe him a big time apology. You clamored for him to lose the play calling, he did that, and now we're paying for it.

MM, please if you can here us, please intervene and take back the offensive management.

Agree!

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something is out of sync, no matter how it is sliced and diced. The plays that are being attempted are not working in terms of having open receivers. Some type of shake-up in play calling is needed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will a new OC prevent Rodgers from over throwing, or tossing ion the ground?
or Cobb from dropping it, or Adams. The problems were everywhere again today, especially on offense. Easy to point at coaches, and maybe there is something there, but it's largely the same players and the same coaches from a year ago. I think they have a clue what they're doing. There's a much longer history of doing things well, than what we've seen recently.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/350134291.html

Most of the first three quarters, Rodgers' timing appeared way off with his receivers and a couple of times his throws were not close to being completed. It did not help that receivers James Jones, Randall Cobb and Adams all dropped critical passes that could have kept drives going or set the Packers up for points.

But seeing Rodgers miss badly on some of his throws is unusual.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He hasn't looked the same since taking a massive hit at San Fran. Since that game I've had a feeling something has been wrong...maybe there's an injury that isn't being disclosed?

Actually since the Ram game..After he lost the int streak at home

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something is unusual...I agree. Been a long time since I saw him overthrow open receivers that many times. But then again, many were good throws that the receivers dropped. They are simply out of sync and need something to jolt them back into the groove. Just wish they would hurry and find that.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Midway through the third, I was calling for Tolzien and I was only half joking...

Our protection is garbage and we seem unable/unwilling to adjust the scheme. They need more quick hitters in the passing game; move the pocket from time to time to help the line. Rodgers must make better decisions with the ball. He often holds it too long, looking for the big sandlot play, instead of taking the five yards that are available and keeping the offense on schedule. He has himself to blame for half the hits he's taking. Very frustrating afternoon.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Can someone tell me "without a fire him chant" is there someone else to take over the defensive play calling.....
no sacks today against Stafford.....

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he doesn't do it midseason then throw his butt out at the end of it and bring back Joe Philbin, enough is enough, this garbage cannot be tolerated in Titletown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts