Offical studs and duds lions

Reaction score
Studs: AR, Lacy, Nelson, our entire O line and the Linebacker and D line. N Perry is finally coming to fruition
Duds; Defensive coordinator,
D backfield, poor clock utilization on MM. He Could've lost this one

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The Rookie class, 12, 36, 53, 0-line, 87, 27.
Duds: 23, 24, 33 MM

I liked seeing all the depth on D. Hawkins and Gunter looked really good aside from that one horrible play by Hawkins. Clark needs to get stronger and nastier. He was pretty good vs the run and pretty bad vs the pass. You gotta take up 2 blockers and have a motor on the pass rush. 23 looked like a dog out there again. 24 wasn't much better. Hyde is like the AJ Hawk of the db's. He is always there 1 second and 5 yds too late.

MM.....Do you remember why you lost the Seattle game? Did you learn anything? Apparently not. Same old play not to lose BS.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we harping on the second half offense? I believe they had 4 drives, is that correct?

Drive 1: field goal. No problems there.

Drive 2: Cobb drops a 3rd down pass, we end up punting. How is that MM's fault?

Drive 3: Davis has a terrible drop on 3rd down that hits him in the chest. We end up punting. Hows is that MM's fault?

Drive 4: We run out the clock. No problems here.

The defense had a rough 2nd half, no arguments, specifically the secondary. Most of it was on Randall, though the late TD where Jones sat/fell backwards into the endzone looked like they might have been playing a 2-deep shell and Hyde(?) jumped the short route. If he was the deep safety to that side, that's on Hyde, not Randall.

( I don't have the game recorded, so I cannot confirm. Hyde could have been the dime to that side.)

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we harping on the second half offense? I believe they had 4 drives, is that correct?

Drive 3: Davis has a terrible drop on 3rd down that hits him in the chest. We end up punting. Hows is that MM's fault?

The defense had a rough 2nd half, no arguments, specifically the secondary. Most of it was on Randall, though the late TD where Jones sat/fell backwards into the endzone looked like they might have been playing a 2-deep shell and Hyde(?) jumped the short route. If he was the deep safety to that side, that's on Hyde, not Randall.

( I don't have the game recorded, so I cannot confirm. Hyde could have been the dime to that side.)

Tauscher and McCarren just said the same thing on the rafio.

One correction is that David's drop was on first down. Either way though, passing for about 10 yards on 1st down isn't conservative.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the truth. First downs run down the clock, not conservative 3 & outs. I had really hoped that they would run up the score and maybe approach 50. That would have really helped the offense mentally going forward.

Randall - great play getting the interception, not so good the rest of the time. Opposing receivers are going to be looking at his picture before they go to sleep at night.

We didn't have a drive that held us without points untill the 4th quarter. Can people stop acting like we went 3 and out the entire second half? Good lord. Lacy was running effectively and the Packers moved the ball. The reason why they didn't explode for points was due to Detroit sucking up all the time of possession which was fine excluding the two TDs that were given up when the D started playing aggressively (which from what I hear is always a good thing)

Randell had one good play and then proceeded to get beat. If Shields wasn't out there's a good chance he'd be benched at this point.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well its good to know people are back to harping on MM like they didn't watch the game. Yep was definitely his fault for not calling plays for different recievers on the only two drives the entire game we didn't score points or run out the clock to keep them from dropping the ball.

Studs:
Oline- They did their job today

Lacy- Looked great

Jordy- Finally looked like he's getting his legs under him again

Perry- Been saying it for years. When he's healthy he plays pretty damn good so I'm not suprised in the least by anything he's doing. (Outside of staying healthy of course)

Daniels- Even when he doesn't show up in the box score he's a disruptive force

MM- For remembering there's more then 3 recievers on the team

The soft zone- We gave up ten points the entire second half while nursing a big lead untill late when Randell tripped over his own feet. (People might hate it. But it forced Detroit to eat a TON of time off the clock in the second half while only surrendering 10 points).

Run D- Stuffed the run all day

Duds:
Not being in PREVENT DEFENSE mode at the end of the 1st half- Then again I'm told that's always a bad defense to play

Randell- I'm at the point we're I'd be good with sliding him down the depth chart for a few games till he stops playing like crap

Hyde- Yeah he was always just a step slow today

And just pretty much everyone else in the secondary.

(Thought about adding Rollins but in the cover two zone he's supposed to drop down into the flat to take the reciever and the Saftey help just wasn't there in time to take away the soft spot in the zone)

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

The D couldn't get off the field in the second half, but with the mess of injuries they held up well enough.

Way too much b*tching here for seeing the team moving in the right direction.

H

HardRightEdge

Perry- Been saying it for years. When he's healthy he plays pretty damn good so I'm not suprised in the least by anything he's doing. (Outside of staying healthy of course).
It only took 4+ years. The injuries were only part of it. He had to learn the position and the scheme. If he keeps playing like this the'll have to go pretty deep into the vault.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

People might be harping on the offense because the Lions are a terrible defensive team when they're at full strength and they were missing a few of their best defensive players for the entirety of this game. All the excuses you want can't negate the fact in the second half, Marvin Jones had more yards than the entire Packers' offense until most of the fourth quarter was gone.

You point out specific plays that cost the team, I'll simply say that drives of 5 plays for 20 yards and punt and 3 plays for 8 yards and punt in the second half were terrible and that even the FG drive was 9 plays for 47 yards was not exactly an awe-inspiring performance against a terrible defense.

People are blaming MM because there have been excuses for why this offense has been bad for over a year and yet some people simply want to point to excuses as reasons it's not working. Jordy Nelson is out, the Packers' offense can't function without a top-7 WR...I would contend that most coaches would have a great offense with Rodgers at QB, a great oline, a good RB and a top-7 WR, the value of coaching is what the team is capable of getting out of the non-stars and the Packers haven't really shown that ability at any time in the past year.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People might be harping on the offense because the Lions are a terrible defensive team when they're at full strength and they were missing a few of their best defensive players for the entirety of this game. All the excuses you want can't negate the fact in the second half, Marvin Jones had more yards than the entire Packers' offense until most of the fourth quarter was gone.

You're conflating two different issues. Offensive play calling and defensive performance.

The offense was fine. We had such a "poor" showing in the second half because we didn't have the ball. In three quarters of play, the Packers scored on every drive they had the ball, except for the end of the first half where they ran out of time. 4 drives. 2 successes, 2 failures. We punted twice, TWICE, the whole game. How much more can you ask from your offense?

The defense, particularly the secondary, played poorly. If they get just ONE stop, this is two score game and not close. If they can just force the two scoring drives to take 60 more seconds each, the games ends without us needing to run out the clock.

Now why exactly the defense had a rough second half, I don't know. I'm inclined to blame Randall the most, but without a second watching, that might be premature. See what I think I saw with Hyde above.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Jake Schum for fielding that terrible snap by Goode. Schum doesn't come down with that ball and get a punt off, we might be talking about one of the bigger large lead chokes by the Packers in recent memory.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I sure didn't want to see that game go to OT and lose a coin toss.

Montezumasdaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most of the above. I would throw Jayrone Elliot in there as a stud too. He made some nice plays on defense and special teams.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're conflating two different issues. Offensive play calling and defensive performance.

The offense was fine. We had such a "poor" showing in the second half because we didn't have the ball. In three quarters of play, the Packers scored on every drive they had the ball, except for the end of the first half where they ran out of time. 4 drives. 2 successes, 2 failures. We punted twice, TWICE, the whole game. How much more can you ask from your offense?

The defense, particularly the secondary, played poorly. If they get just ONE stop, this is two score game and not close. If they can just force the two scoring drives to take 60 more seconds each, the games ends without us needing to run out the clock.

Now why exactly the defense had a rough second half, I don't know. I'm inclined to blame Randall the most, but without a second watching, that might be premature. See what I think I saw with Hyde above.

I'm not conflating anything. I never commented on our defense. If you're talking about the Jones comment it was simply to illustrate that the Packers' offense didn't get 100 yards in the second half until the game was almost over.

Great, the Packers scored well on a terrible defense missing numerous playmakers. The Packers scored THREE POINTS in the second half. You can talk about punting TWICE all you want but against a terrible defense, at home, the offense scored three points in a half of football. That's not good.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: offense
Duds: randall, If they dont get this boy some help we are going to lose some games cause of him. Last week diggs went for almost 200 receiving and this week jones went for 180 recieiving. Get him some HELP.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

You point out specific plays that cost the team, I'll simply say that drives of 5 plays for 20 yards and punt and 3 plays for 8 yards and punt in the second half were terrible and that even the FG drive was 9 plays for 47 yards was not exactly an awe-inspiring performance against a terrible defense.

People are blaming MM because there have been excuses for why this offense has been bad for over a year and yet some people simply want to point to excuses as reasons it's not working. Jordy Nelson is out, the Packers' offense can't function without a top-7 WR...I would contend that most coaches would have a great offense with Rodgers at QB, a great oline, a good RB and a top-7 WR, the value of coaching is what the team is capable of getting out of the non-stars and the Packers haven't really shown that ability at any time in the past year.
So we should have scored 60.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not conflating anything. I never commented on our defense. If you're talking about the Jones comment it was simply to illustrate that the Packers' offense didn't get 100 yards in the second half until the game was almost over.

Great, the Packers scored well on a terrible defense missing numerous playmakers. The Packers scored THREE POINTS in the second half. You can talk about punting TWICE all you want but against a terrible defense, at home, the offense scored three points in a half of football. That's not good.

You continue to miss why they had a poor showing in the second half. Bad packer defense. The lions offense stays on the field and doesn't give the packer offense opportunity a chance to move the ball.

I repeat: they had four drives in the second half. Four. What level of unattainable perfection do you want from them?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
  • Entire offense (Rodgers, Lacy, Nelson, entire offensive line)
  • Mike Daniels
  • Kyler Fackrell (1st sack for the big guy!)
  • Nick Perry (never thought I say it, but he had a GREAT game)
  • Blake Martinez
Duds:
  • Secondary (especially Quentin Rollins - Rollins looks lost. He kept giving up the 15 yard gain to Jones to cover the 2-yard out route)

Perry's had a few great games, but he's never been as consistent as he has this season. 3.5 sacks in 3 games.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Offensive Line
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson
The entire front 7 save for Nick Perry.

Duds:

Secondary and Demarious Randall in particular, he's trying to do way too much.

Now some of you might wonder why I excluded Nick Perry from the stud category. Because stud doesn't cover what a beast he has been on the outside of our defense. Dude is getting sacks and he has been absolutely wrecking run plays. Running at him has practically been a guaranteed TFL.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It only took 4+ years. The injuries were only part of it. He had to learn the position and the scheme. If he keeps playing like this the'll have to go pretty deep into the vault.

I wonder if he's changed his approach to conditioning, maybe more focus on the flexibility power yoga type training and less on the traditional bulk weights. I'm not sure he's ever stayed this healthy knock on wood.

Members online