Lions studs lol and duds

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No this is truly about to turn over for the season. You just cannot let Barry be the DC any more of this team...getting rag dolled at home is 1977ish. Lafleur is going to be on the hot seat before long.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
No this is truly about to turn over for the season. You just cannot let Barry be the DC any more of this team...getting rag dolled at home is 1977ish. Lafleur is going to be on the hot seat before long.
Barry will go first. Someone will take the hit and he’s most deserving of it.

LaFleur will get 2024 at bare minimum.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn’t Barry’s fault right away the offense went 3 and out 373937382874 times… granite I’m all for getting Barry out of here but lafleur is just as sour imo.. Dillon is not a good running back he has poor vision and didn’t hand the ball off to jones once… also this team is gonna have high highs and low lows get used to it. We aren’t a contender and I need to see a full season out of love to see if he is the “guy” he is exactly what I have expected so far. They will bounce back it’s gonna be a roller coaster of a season just enjoy some football

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: LaFleur thinking he was coaching the 1978 Oklahoma Sooners and running the option. Love's decision making was less than competent through 3/4 of this game. Quay Walker icing the game with another stupid penalty. Safety play. Dee Ford's INT was the only positive I saw.

Stud: Rashan Gary. D-Line in the 2nd half really seemed to get it's **** together and play. Packers fans for stomaching this debachle.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Who didn't have this penciled in as a tough loss before the season? Like most very young up/down teams we could as easily be 1-3 as 3-1. I expect more games like this this season. Probably 9 or 10.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubs and Gary when in were studs. Colby Wooden showed up tonight a lot, I cannot wait to watch him closer in a watch back.

Anyone that blames the first half solely on Barry or the defense are ignoring the glaring autrocity that was our offense for the first half. Massive Dud in the worst way.

Liked the fight they showed in second half, Toure and Kraft both had confidence building catches that honestly shouldn’t have been catches but did somehow.

I’ll say it again, our run blocking is autrocious, but tonight our pass pro was equally bad a lot of the snaps. Granted against a VERY VERY good front.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could we not draw up a play for an open receiver in 1st quarter?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroits a young team 2. That cliche is played. I get it inexperience killed the cat but that first half might be the worst first half in packer history. If we see any more 24 point downers at half the entire coaching staff should and most likely will be shown the door. No excuses - sorry.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Detroits a young team 2. That cliche is played. I get it inexperience killed the cat but that first half might be the worst first half in packer history. If we see any more 24 point downers at half the entire coaching staff should and most likely will be shown the door. No excuses - sorry.
Lmao

worse 1st half? Seriously?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. That's not how you build a team. Just what were you expecting this year? We have the youngest starters in the league BY FAR. If they were to do what you suggest you IMMEDIATELY set back the time table 2 years. Young players, even future Pro Bowlers, are inconsistent. They make bad decisions. They occasionally get confused about what to do, and we have a LOT of those guys right now. It takes TIME.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that blames the first half solely on Barry or the defense are ignoring the glaring autrocity that was our offense for the first half. Massive Dud in the worst way.
Fair enough, but I mean…is anyone *actually* doing that? I’ve not seen anyone claiming the first half or loss in general was solely due to Barry’s defense.

But in any case it would be kind of ridiculous IMO to hold them to the same standard too.

The offense is still dealing with major injuries. It’s Love’s first year as starter, and by and large the skill positions are full of relatively inexperienced players.

On the other hand, Barry’s entering his third season with us. The defense is largely healthy, and in terms of total investment (draft capital spent plus money allotted) is likely the most “expensive” in the league. He has been given every opportunity to succeed with the talent at his disposal.

So yes, the offense was atrocious, but quite frankly they should be afforded much, MUCH more slack than Barry and his defense at this point. He has run out of “leash” if you ask me.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've said it numerous times.

Offense needs to have drives to let Def rest. And I would blame Rodgers and offense. People laughed

Its still happening

Def can't go out after offense goes 3 n out 3 times in a row

Members online

Latest posts