Offical studs and duds lions

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Packer secondary.
GB Offense going conservative and completely predictable in the 4th quarter AGAIN, and now they have to punt. They do this every single time and give the other team a chance to get back in it. And Detroit is gaining 15 yards per play just about. McCarthy will never ****ing learn.

MM x2. The guy is a moron.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Packer secondary.
GB Offense going conservative and completely predictable in the 4th quarter AGAIN, and now they have to punt. They do this every single time and give the other team a chance to get back in it. And Detroit is gaining 15 yards per play just about. McCarthy will never ******* learn.

I agree on McCarthy. I'm tired of him.

Demarius Randall is trying to do too much. Secondary getting beat way too often. 3rd down defense is just plain a joke. It can be 2 & 19, 3&12 no matter what. They will get a first.

Nick Perry was a stud. Tackling as a whole much better.

Keep feeding Lacy the ball.

Adams,Lacy, and Nelson had a solid game.

Rodgers great first half. Disappeared the second

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
  • Entire offense (Rodgers, Lacy, Nelson, entire offensive line)
  • Mike Daniels
  • Kyler Fackrell (1st sack for the big guy!)
  • Nick Perry (never thought I say it, but he had a GREAT game)
  • Blake Martinez
Duds:
  • Secondary (especially Quentin Rollins - Rollins looks lost. He kept giving up the 15 yard gain to Jones to cover the 2-yard out route)

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
MM first half playcalling
offense in the 1st half
Lacy running with POWER.
Lane Taylor and the rest of the OL.
Run D has been STELLAR.

Duds: Capers D (even with 80% injured and out)
This secondary is a real issue, we have given 3 qbs who are middling at best and made them look like MVPs.
MM 2nd half playcalling.
Stop playing to protect a lead and just play from 1st minute to the last minute with some consistency.

Happy for a win. Not happy with the theatrics to get there. I was already looking up which record I assumed we would break in a loss, should that have occurred.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers-He didn't seem to play scared and he had much better technique today.
Oline
Nelson
Daniels is a monster.
Lacy

Duds:
The pass rush fell off of a cliff without Mathews and Datone Jones.

I didn't think that our secondary would be that much worse off without Shields. It's really lousy. I don't see who else to put it on than Rollins and Randal who were drafted to make sure that this didn't happen. I thought our safeties were okay today, but even when we know they're going to pass and where we couldn't do anything. Doesn't seem like scheme to me either.

We still lose the field position battle every game. We do a pretty good job covering kicks, so I don't know why they don't short kick it and try to pin them behind the 25.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers-He didn't seem to play scared and he had much better technique today.
Oline
Nelson
Daniels is a monster.
Lacy

Duds:
The pass rush fell off of a cliff without Mathews and Datone Jones.

I didn't think that our secondary would be that much worse off without Shields. It's really lousy. I don't see who else to put it on than Rollins and Randal who were drafted to make sure that this didn't happen. I thought our safeties were okay today, but even when we know they're going to pass and where we couldn't do anything. Doesn't seem like scheme to me either.

We still lose the field position battle every game. We do a pretty good job covering kicks, so I don't know why they don't short kick it and try to pin them behind the 25.

They did kick it shorter and pin them inside the 25 multiple times.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another forum at half-time, we were discussing the likelihood that we'd start playing soft zone coverage, stop passing the ball, and end up winning an unnecessarily close game. It's not good when that's what fans expect you to do every time you build a lead. I was so pumped after the first half, and now I'm just kind of irked.

Anyways...

Great first-half minus 2 minutes for the whole team.

Then the 2nd half happened.

Too many dropped INTs. Not just "ooh, a really athletic guy maybe could have made the INT there" plays, but "hit him right in the hands and he dropped the INT" kind of plays. Very few opposing teams are going to be so forgiving. We need to punish teams that are sloppy with the ball.

Secondary play looked pretty decent in the first half. Built up a lead and start playing soft zone coverages. Middle of the field wide open. Just overall bad, bad, bad. I wonder how many 200 yard receiving games we've given up over the last 3 or 4 years compared to other teams.

Mike. McCarthy. I am sick of you, big fella. Sorry.

No idea what was up with the second half offense. Pretty confident in saying that it was not Detroit adjustments at half-time that slowed us down.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Packer secondary.
GB Offense going conservative and completely predictable in the 4th quarter AGAIN, and now they have to punt. They do this every single time and give the other team a chance to get back in it. And Detroit is gaining 15 yards per play just about. McCarthy will never ******* learn.

A bad throw not out front of Cobb and a dropped pass by Davis also contributed a lot to the punts.

It wasn't only play calling that caused them.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM 2nd half playcalling.
Stop playing to protect a lead and just play from 1st minute to the last minute with some consistency.

That's the truth. First downs run down the clock, not conservative 3 & outs. I had really hoped that they would run up the score and maybe approach 50. That would have really helped the offense mentally going forward.

Randall - great play getting the interception, not so good the rest of the time. Opposing receivers are going to be looking at his picture before they go to sleep at night.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Packer secondary.

The defense went conservative too. Our coaches play to hang on. Barely.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Stud: Lacy
D-Line
A-rod
Duds:2nd 1/2 offense
D-backs too many big plays given up
Middle of the field defense
Coach MM, never goes for the dagger(no memory of Seattle)
Coach Capers,no adjustments on pass D

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What a superb 1st half from Rodgers and the offense. Loved what I saw. A great indication of what this team is going to be capable of doing especially as we get more games under our belt.

But I can't understand for the life of me how McCarthy went arch conservative in the 2nd half. I mean yes, it was nice to get Lacy going and get him some confidence back. That was extremely encouraging, but damn we threw for 174 in the 1st half if I recall correctly, why abandon what was working so well? It almost cost us the game.

That being said though, lots of great things to pull from this game. Need to focus on getting healthy over the next couple of weeks. Crazy to say, but this bye week probably couldn't have been better timing.

2-1. Gonna have a big, big test in two weeks time against the Giants.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard game for studs and duds because it felt like 2 games.

I am a little sick of the feeling that when we get up big that it seems like the other team will make a comeback. We need to be able to put bad teams away or it will come back to haunt us. I really hope Shields and Burnett can be back shortly after the bye week. The secondary needs them. We also need to quit giving up the middle of the field.

Members online

Latest posts