Lions studs lol and duds

Reaction score
We all knew there would be “ups n downs”. I just didn’t expect them to come by Quarters!
Didn’t show up at all in 1st half.
Terrible play calling. We’re down 3 scores and it’s 3rd n like 19 and We call a down n out at the right sideline towards Branch for 10 yards?? Branch was 1 foot from a Pick 6 that would’ve all but ended that game! Why would you throw a risky short route against a good Safety that had 0% chance of moving the chains? To get an easy INT + 7 points?
Terrible game plan trying to throw so much early on. They announced that Jordan was pressure on 47% of throws in that 1st Half! Get that ball out quick to your TE or run more etc. don’t let your QB get killed. Live to see another possession once the game slows

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds Online the five 300lb piles of human excrement.
Jordon Love, AJ Dillon Jayden Reed.
Jordan Love showed what many of us here were afraid of. Inaccuracy, poor decision making and Ints. LOSER!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're watching different games...If they are telling him to take those out, they are morons. It's 2023. Take the ball at the 25 and move on.
Yeah we are. Your claim that he was out there celebrating when he clearly wasn't shows you're just out to trash him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but my point is that they should have planned for him not being able to play. And that they did not do. And for me, anybody that says for each game going forward that we are w/o our best tackle is not really reality based. Cause, well just cause.
With any luck we'll be replacing him with Joe Alt next year.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those two opening series were a shock. I kept looking for Jones and all I saw was Love dropping and with less than 3, more likely 2, seconds to get rid of the ball.

The only thing I can think of is that MLF was anticipating the Lions would play the run with Jones back. And maybe Jones hasn't fully recovered and MLF was managing his snaps. But those are lousy excuses for a lousy start.

The Packers were simply outplayed, out hustled and out coached.

You losers sure like to gloat. Come back when the Lions are bounced out of the playoffs.
Playoffs? Playoffs? They hit their annual 7 game losing streak just in time to miss the playoffs!

KMILLARD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. That's not how you build a team. Just what were you expecting this year? We have the youngest starters in the league BY FAR. If they were to do what you suggest you IMMEDIATELY set back the time table 2 years. Young players, even future Pro Bowlers, are inconsistent. They make bad decisions. They occasionally get confused about what to do, and we have a LOT of those guys right now. It takes TIME.
Viking fan here. You are correct. I really like how you are building your team and I think Love is going to be a very good QB, just needs some help on the line and some more experience from the WR core. Your drafts on defense will pay off at some point. I envy your situation compared to the Vikes.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viking fan here. You are correct. I really like how you are building your team and I think Love is going to be a very good QB, just needs some help on the line and some more experience from the WR core. Your drafts on defense will pay off at some point. I envy your situation compared to the Vikes.
Yes, you guys have issues. Did I hear JJ wants out? Yikes.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really is something how young this roster is. I have a feeling we'll be up and down all season long but like you said, these kids will all grow up together.
That is why I take a lot of their performance with a grain of salt such as last night. On the other hand the coaching staff are not newbies. That is where we need to improve the most.

KMILLARD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is a rumor about JJ, but they basically control him for another two years if they wish. The problem was not blowing it up with a new regime and trying to run it back year after year.Having not spent a premium pick on DL since 2013 also hurts. ITs a mess as that defense other than Hunter has no high end players.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is why I take a lot of their performance with a grain of salt such as last night. On the other hand the coaching staff are not newbies. That is where we need to improve the most.
Yes, it was painfully obvious the guys were not ready to play last night. It will be telling if they bounce back in Vegas in 8 days.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is a rumor about JJ, but they basically control him for another two years if they wish. The problem was not blowing it up with a new regime and trying to run it back year after year.Having not spent a premium pick on DL since 2013 also hurts. ITs a mess as that defense other than Hunter has no high end players.
I was very surprised to hear somebody on the NFL Network mention it earlier today.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are all full of **** and vinegar because your team is finally playing well. I don't think a Lions' fan should come in here gloating when your team hasn't won a championship since 1957.
They have a ways to go before they can be recognized. But when you have had so little to cheer about for so, so long it must be euphoric. Think. This is the team that gave up Rodgers' game winning next to impossible Hail Mary as well as going 0-16 in a season. Things can change quickly in the NFL. REMEMBER Not For Long.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it was painfully obvious the guys were not ready to play last night. It will be telling if they bounce back in Vegas in 8 days.
I do not doubt that the Lions are a better team right now but preparation is a hallmark of great coaching. Now MLF escaped a few years ago in AZ on TNF due to a huge Cardinal mistake. But because of the Covid loss of players and his D coach he was under the gun to get a game plan. I think they were still celebrating Sunday on Wednesday.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a ways to go before they can be recognized. But when you have had so little to cheer about for so, so long it must be euphoric. Think. This is the team that gave up Rodgers' game winning next to impossible Hail Mary as well as going 0-16 in a season. Things can change quickly in the NFL. REMEMBER Not For Long.
Yes, you guys have issues. Did I hear JJ wants out? Yikes.
Vikings are still a good team. Their 3 losses would have been wins last season. I see them going head to head with Detroit when they play them. You miss Dalvin for sure. And Thielen was a great mentor for the younger players.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points. And when you have an offense that cannot run the football and is producing a lot of 3 and outs why not run it out? What have you to lose? 5 yards? He just might break one like he did against Minnesota last year. Many a time the Bears offense was flat on its heels and some dude named Devon Hester kept them in the game.
Yeah and we had our own Devon Hester in Desmond Howard and he was a SB MVP.

As long as Nixon holds onto the ball, and he has, and at a minimum gets it to the 20, I'm ok with taking it out of the end zone. He is letting the truly deep kicks go. And the guy is a threat. My guess is he'll take 3 to the house this year. That could mean a W.

Reaction score
The biggest difference in the game was lack of a quality OL, lack of emotion earlier on. It was like our Offense was half asleep those first several drives.

The Detroit Offense is very good, I expected them to put up 21-31 points and it was a matter of mitigating that. That 22-28 points area was where we had to hold Detroit to have any realistic shot at winning. After giving up that in 1 half it was an uphill battle.

I commend the group for energizing themselves and not giving up. This Detroit team is built much better than we’re accustomed. Currently playing like a top 5-6 team. This isn’t the Lions of old right now.

Dud: 1st half play calling. When teams overpursue the best way to slow them is dump passes and moving that pocket more. Create a moving target. The game plan was too vanilla.

ST was a near disaster. Rich needs to get the holding calls on Return solved yesterday. Too many hurtful penalties, it’s not like ST is in its first year.

I’ll chalk it up to a little false confidence and excessive celebrating (from last week) on a short week. Plus a banged up OL and indisciplined ST. We weren’t prepared at all and it was apparent.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest difference in the game was lack of a quality OL, lack of emotion earlier on. It was like our Offense was half asleep those first several drives.

The Detroit Offense is very good, I expected them to put up 21-31 points and it was a matter of mitigating that. That 22-28 points area was where we had to hold Detroit to have any realistic shot at winning. After giving up that in 1 half it was an uphill battle.

I commend the group for energizing themselves and not giving up. This Detroit team is built much better than we’re accustomed. Currently playing like a top 5-6 team. This isn’t the Lions of old right now.

Dud: 1st half play calling. When teams overpursue the best way to slow them is dump passes and moving that pocket more. Create a moving target. The game plan was too vanilla.

ST was a near disaster. Rich needs to get the holding calls on Return solved yesterday. Too many hurtful penalties, it’s not like ST is in its first year.

I’ll chalk it up to a little false confidence and excessive celebrating (from last week) on a short week. Plus a banged up OL and indisciplined ST. We weren’t prepared at all and it was apparent.
this making sense stuff has to cease! lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, get a GM and staff that can actually determine who to draft and who to get in FA that can play 1st string and BE counted and be accountable. Second, find someone who can play OL that is not injured and at minimum can play a whole game without coming out; third get some of that $44/$48M they gave to Bakhtiari back so they can use it elsewhere; fourth, find a vet. QB that can come in to replace JL because frankly his play is average at best and he is still a work in progress; fifth, start questioning the play calling on both sides of the ball; sixth, figure out if your strength and conditioning coaches are actually doing their jobs with all the injuries this team has. Bottom line, this is not a very good football team right now; don't know if it will get there but this team is in rebuild mode. Yes, youngest in NFL (I have heard) that would be great if you really believe those young players will actually prove to be stars and/or top of the line starters- probably on Def, questionable on Off.

I’m assuming your a younger Packer fan who has grown far far to accustomed to thinking building a winning team is easy peasy.

We have analyzed Gutes first round picks and truthfully speaking the ones that have had enough time in game to judge have excelled nearly across the board.

Injuries happen, there is NO MAGIC formula or question to ask prospects to know if they’ll see an injury or not in the NFL. You think Patrick Mahomes contract is massive, an NFL team would pay someone a billion if you could know the future like this.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
MLF, Barry and Gute.

MLF: what was the thinking behind that offensive game plan? I'm increasingly convinced that 13-3 seasons were flukes, driven by hero ball from Rodgers and a lot of luck. MLF has not shown me any indication of being an offensive genius.

Barry: he's either a lousy coach or we have a lot less talent than we thought. High draft pick after high draft pick on D and I still shudder every time they go on the field. It's incredibly frustrating for me to watch them make a decent stop on 1st down, a decent stop on 2nd down, put their opponents in a third and long situation, and then . . . give up an easy 1st down. Over and over. If the offense could light it up it wouldn't be so bad, but those days are gone.

Gute: Making good personnel decisions is his job, including the coaching staff. He failed.

Barry might be gone at the end of this year, but Gute and MLF will still be with us next year. If they fall on their faces in the '24 season maybe the Packers will turn the page.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I think what gave me a little bit of hope was when they did not draft any offensive lineman. I also believe we shouldn't count Stokes as a missing starter until he actually starts another game. IMO.
My deviation from this line of thinking is..I wonder if Walker can grow into it as a 7th rounder like Bakhtiari did as a 4th

Members online

Latest posts