Lions studs lol and duds

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to see a full season out of love to see if he is the “guy” he is exactly what I have expected so far.

I agree definitely still a long way to go but I think all the signs are there that he's # 3. Hasn't been close to perfect but if he keeps improving he could get close.

Brett Favre threw for 8 tds in the first 3 games of a season for the first time in his career in his 5th season as the starter, 1996. Would win the MVP that year.

Aaron Rodgers first did it in 2011 his 4th season as the starter he also would win the MVP that year.

To be clear I dont think Love is gonna win MVP but I do think hes gonna have a nice season as a first year starter. And I do think we'll see at least one of those "Rodgers games" by seasons end...24 of 28 for 300 yards and 4 tds

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK I couldnt follow the game from Ireland although I did wake up and look in when it was 27-3. I keep hearing it pointed to - but exactly what was the penalty in Walker??

Reaction score
Get the calls?

Fail Mary
Face mask in playoffs vs Cards where aaron fumbled?
Amen. Don’t even need to go back that far. Thursday we had a holding call on a 41 yard kick return by Nixon.
Watch closely on #89 (Ben Sims)
as he approaches this Lions award winning actor. The Lions player was grappling with #81 as players feet tangled and appears he tripped with momentum going downhill. Deguara actually caused that as he tosses him off balance. As he’s already falling #89 approaches the play too late and realizes he’s in a free fall and is late and barely touched him as he’s falling.
Now the appropriate flag to throw if you were bribed to do it? would be “blocking in the back” (which also didn’t happen) It would’ve at least been a less obvious fake flag.
This textbook block by Deguara gets enforced as a -24 yard penalty on #89 who was late to the accident. This is why you see Rich on the sideline going nuts shortly afterwards he watched the whole thing ground level and it’s a phantom flag

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is getting tired of Nixon returning kickoffs that are deep into the EZ? Not sure why or if he has the Green Light to do so. Too many drives starting behind the 25 yard line to be doing that. Yeah, I know, he's a dynamic return guy, but if the return team can't block well or are going to commit penalties during a return, he needs to be told not to take them out of the EZ.

Reaction score
Am I the only one that is getting tired of Nixon returning kickoffs that are deep into the EZ? Not sure why or if he has the Green Light to do so. Too many drives starting behind the 25 yard line to be doing that. Yeah, I know, he's a dynamic return guy, but if the return team can't block well or are going to commit penalties during a return, he needs to be told not to take them out of the EZ.
Yeah. I’m tired of repeatedly starting at 21 or whatever. If its into the paint? I say take it at the 25.
Unless we’re losing later in a game and we need every miracle possible. The 25 also avoids a fumble and energizing our opponent from celebrating as they catch us at the 19.

Reaction score
As an Auburn fan I warn you: Give him a minute
He need only stay around 85% FG to match Crosby. Maybe a smidge less because he’ll get you a 55+ occasional. Any minor in offset in XPM is erased by Carlson having a longer kickoff, thus mitigating opponent starting field position and reducing chances of a TD return on Kickoffs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree definitely still a long way to go but I think all the signs are there that he's # 3. Hasn't been close to perfect but if he keeps improving he could get close.

Brett Favre threw for 8 tds in the first 3 games of a season for the first time in his career in his 5th season as the starter, 1996. Would win the MVP that year.

Aaron Rodgers first did it in 2011 his 4th season as the starter he also would win the MVP that year.

To be clear I dont think Love is gonna win MVP but I do think hes gonna have a nice season as a first year starter. And I do think we'll see at least one of those "Rodgers games" by seasons end...24 of 28 for 300 yards and 4 tds
If we fail to get a running game going he will certainly have tough sailing the rest of the way.

Reaction score
Even if face mask was not called it would still be unnecessary roughness. Rodgers did not plan to act as if his neck was ******. And it was. A bigger stronger QB and its lower contact. Even Rodgers expected the flag.
Unnecessary roughness how?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He need only stay around 85% FG to match Crosby. Maybe a smidge less because he’ll get you a 55+ occasional. Any minor in offset in XPM is erased by Carlson having a longer kickoff, thus mitigating opponent starting field position and reducing chances of a TD return on Kickoffs.
and when he hooks one into the home tunnel and one into the proshop?

Reaction score
Jerking the collar. Head and neck area are off limits with QBs especially.
He was a runner on that play. Wasn't he out of the pocket? Maybe even beyond the line of scrimmage but I can't remember for sure.

Anyways who cares, you are literally arguing with a Lions fan saying your Packers get worse calls. It's not an argument you will win and it's not one that I want to win.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a runner on that play. Wasn't he out of the pocket? Maybe even beyond the line of scrimmage but I can't remember for sure.

Anyways who cares, you are literally arguing with a Lions fan saying your Packers get worse calls. It's not an argument you will win and it's not one that I want to win.
He was a runner and it would have been called on a runner as well. I will give you this one. In 2019 a hands to the face was called on Lions DE against David Bahktiari late in the 4th quarter. I think it was Flowers. That was a very close one that does get ignored sometimes. It helped set the Packers up for a game winner.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Id have to think Aaron Jones is going to get a lot of touches in Las Vegas
As long as he is healthy.

One thing the Thursday night game gave the Packers was a mini-bye to heal up. Their game with the Raiders is on Monday Night, so it will be 10 days since their last game with the Lions. After the Raiders game, they have their official bye, so hopefully by the Bronco game on 10/22, some of the walking wounded will be fully recovered.

Reaction score
Are you saying the showgirls will not be able to keep their hands off of him?
When they call “Showtyme“ those Vegas Girls go nuts! When he Daddy pimps those Sun glasses the $Vegas$ Showtime lights gonna’ Flicker out of respect

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as he is healthy.

One thing the Thursday night game gave the Packers was a mini-bye to heal up. Their game with the Raiders is on Monday Night, so it will be 10 days since their last game with the Lions. After the Raiders game, they have their official bye, so hopefully by the Bronco game on 10/22, some of the walking wounded will be fully recovered.

Another good part of that is the Raiders and the Broncos are both the kind of terrible that puts them on par with the Bears.

Should be 2 wins even for a young team

Are you saying the showgirls will not be able to keep their hands off of him?

I mean good for him if thats the case and hopefully MLF does better with the play calling too

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. I’m tired of repeatedly starting at 21 or whatever. If its into the paint? I say take it at the 25.

Any minor in offset in XPM is erased by Carlson having a longer kickoff, thus mitigating opponent starting field position and reducing chances of a TD return on Kickoffs.
I almost think you are pointing out both sides of the argument.