Lions studs lol and duds

Reaction score
You losers sure like to gloat. Come back when the Lions are bounced out of the playoffs.
We aren't all like that. All I'm asking of the Lions this year is to win a playoff game and get the monkey off our back. To me, advancing in the playoffs and then losing is not being bounced.

Reaction score
They have a ways to go before they can be recognized. But when you have had so little to cheer about for so, so long it must be euphoric. Think. This is the team that gave up Rodgers' game winning next to impossible Hail Mary as well as going 0-16 in a season. Things can change quickly in the NFL. REMEMBER Not For Long.
0-16... yeah that's fair. We earned that. But y'all didn't earn the Hail Mary and you know it. Rodgers' facemask was not touched. The refs love your team... except just not Quay. I'm not trying to talk sh-- but I mean for real, you have to admit that y'all get all the calls. Anyways good game and I know y'all will come to play on Turkey Day.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
0-16... yeah that's fair. We earned that. But y'all didn't earn the Hail Mary and you know it. Rodgers' facemask was not touched. The refs love your team... except just not Quay. I'm not trying to talk sh-- but I mean for real, you have to admit that y'all get all the calls. Anyways good game and I know y'all will come to play on Turkey Day.
Of course we don't get all the calls. And Q is fine. Otherwise you are right.

Reaction score
OL is a big issue. Just David not playing sends a ripple effect. Having both our best OL players gone is killing us.
Who in here thinks that Bak and Elgton get steamrolled like that??
I don’t care what team you look at if you eliminate their best 2 OL expect problems against a good DL.
We aren't all like that. All I'm asking of the Lions this year is to win a playoff game and get the monkey off our back. To me, advancing in the playoffs and then losing is not being bounced.
From what I’m seeing. Detroit has a really good Offense (top 3-5) and a top 11-15 type Defense. That’s plenty good enough to win 10-11 games or more. GB functioned with that scenario for the last decade and was successful. That is until you play the very good teams.
This is a game where you guys caught us missing 2 Probowl level OL (LT, LG) on IR and injured. We had a 1st year player from rd 7 and Newman is a moderately ok backup at best. He didn’t even win a starting role this year and was close to cut imo.
Detroit did what they really should’ve done and took advantage of a wounded fighter. A good portion of Packer fans called this a loss beforehand which is unusual. Although most had it lower scoring like 23-17 or 20-17 or 24-20 Detroit. The only thing that changed was it took us 2 Quarters to start making adjustments and getting some rhythm
Watson or Jones were not fully 100%. Both came off multi game injuries and it takes a minute.

I think if you caught us healthy at OL that would’ve been closer to outcome.
Detroit 28
GB 24
Or something like that

Last edited:
Reaction score
This season is a Win even if we go
6-7 Wins. Our O is very, very young. Give them a year or 2 and add another good WR and plug that OL with a top 10-20 draft pick + sign an established Veteran in that second-third tier range $$$. ($10-15Mil) Then plug the Offense with 1 more top 50 weapon and you’ll see a total transformation. This game is all about momentum. However it works both positive n negative and young Offenses are roller coaster rides.

We also need to see what Sean Rhyan has. He’s a mountain at 6’5X322 and he doesn’t get pushed around like 308lb Newman. He’s also got substantial LT experience with UCLA (3years)

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
MLF, Barry and Gute.

MLF: what was the thinking behind that offensive game plan? I'm increasingly convinced that 13-3 seasons were flukes, driven by hero ball from Rodgers and a lot of luck. MLF has not shown me any indication of being an offensive genius.

Barry: he's either a lousy coach or we have a lot less talent than we thought. High draft pick after high draft pick on D and I still shudder every time they go on the field. It's incredibly frustrating for me to watch them make a decent stop on 1st down, a decent stop on 2nd down, put their opponents in a third and long situation, and then . . . give up an easy 1st down. Over and over. If the offense could light it up it wouldn't be so bad, but those days are gone.

Gute: Making good personnel decisions is his job, including the coaching staff. He failed.

Barry might be gone at the end of this year, but Gute and MLF will still be with us next year. If they fall on their faces in the '24 season maybe the Packers will turn the page.
Does Gute make the coaching decisions or MLF?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if face mask was not called it would still be unnecessary roughness. Rodgers did not plan to act as if his neck was ******. And it was. A bigger stronger QB and its lower contact. Even Rodgers expected the flag.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and we had our own Devon Hester in Desmond Howard and he was a SB MVP.

As long as Nixon holds onto the ball, and he has, and at a minimum gets it to the 20, I'm ok with taking it out of the end zone. He is letting the truly deep kicks go. And the guy is a threat. My guess is he'll take 3 to the house this year. That could mean a W.
No Amari. Thankfully.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I think they should be coached well enough to block (instead of watching him to see if he is going to run it out or not) for him and not make stupid clips and holds.

Yeah we are. Your claim that he was out there celebrating when he clearly wasn't shows you're just out to trash him.

Rewatch the game. Watch the first return. This is a ridiculous argument. You're clearly just here to pick petty fights with people over trivial issues. I think Nixon is an insignificant player in the 2023 NFL. I think he has made numerous bad, selfish decisions on kickoffs, and I am convinced that it will cost us more than field position eventually. You clearly bought into the hype, like many others, and became convinced that Nixon and the return game actually matters. It doesn't. More than ever before it doesn't matter. Take the touchback, move on, and learn to block and tackle. We will clearly never agree on Nixon, but if you watch his first stupid return, you'll see that he celebrates like crazy after barely making the 20. I'm done. Peace.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rewatch the game. Watch the first return. This is a ridiculous argument. You're clearly just here to pick petty fights with people over trivial issues. I think Nixon is an insignificant player in the 2023 NFL. I think he has made numerous bad, selfish decisions on kickoffs, and I am convinced that it will cost us more than field position eventually. You clearly bought into the hype, like many others, and became convinced that Nixon and the return game actually matters. It doesn't. More than ever before it doesn't matter. Take the touchback, move on, and learn to block and tackle. We will clearly never agree on Nixon, but if you watch his first stupid return, you'll see that he celebrates like crazy after barely making the 20. I'm done. Peace.

You're absolutely ridiculous, man. First of all, who's fighting? After the first return he got up and flexed ONCE and walked away (talk about making a fuss over a trivial issue.) I'm all for guys being pumped up. And you're simply wrong. The return game absolutely matters. Big returns don't happen every time but when they do they can 100% change the momentum of the entire game. But I digress. You clearly know better than every ST coach in the NFL and NCAA combined. Anyway, glad to know you're done. Do me a favor and put me in your ignore list because you're going in mine. There's simply no reason to engage in discussion with someone who knows everything and takes it personally when someone disagrees.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Get the calls?

Fail Mary
Face mask in playoffs vs Cards where aaron fumbled?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insignificant maybe. But I do not believe he chose to run those back simply on his own. I believe Biasacia and MLF gave him leeway. Why? Well, when you have enough offense that is not the big powerhouse it once was. And is short of weaponry. What do you do? You try to find other ways to score. You take chances. So far we learned that Nixon is not Amari Rodgers. He took one to the house last year which sparked our victory over the Vikings. This year we will see some daring events like the 4th and 2 in which MLF calls for a rookie who barely made the 53 to throw a lateral pass back to Love who would have thrown for a big play. ...Had we executed. respect to see this happen in 2023.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You’re going to blame Doubs for that? Besides one play doesn’t remove the fact he essentially was the Davante out there - the only one consistently getting open and putting up progress.
Yeah, he missed the block.
Deguara missed a block on the same play. We have no one that can block on the outside.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season is a Win even if we go
6-7 Wins. Our O is very, very young. Give them a year or 2 and add another good WR and plug that OL with a top 10-20 draft pick + sign an established Veteran in that second-third tier range $$$. ($10-15Mil) Then plug the Offense with 1 more top 50 weapon and you’ll see a total transformation. This game is all about momentum. However it works both positive n negative and young Offenses are roller coaster rides.

We also need to see what Sean Rhyan has. He’s a mountain at 6’5X322 and he doesn’t get pushed around like 308lb Newman. He’s also got substantial LT experience with UCLA (3years)
He was suspended for the 1st 3 games I think.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We all knew there would be “ups n downs”. I just didn’t expect them to come by Quarters!
Didn’t show up at all in 1st half.
Terrible play calling. We’re down 3 scores and it’s 3rd n like 19 and We call a down n out at the right sideline towards Branch for 10 yards?? Branch was 1 foot from a Pick 6 that would’ve all but ended that game! Why would you throw a risky short route against a good Safety that had 0% chance of moving the chains? To get an easy INT + 7 points?
Terrible game plan trying to throw so much early on. They announced that Jordan was pressure on 47% of throws in that 1st Half! Get that ball out quick to your TE or run more etc. don’t let your QB get killed. Live to see another possession once the game slows
La Fleur did Love absolutely no favors Thursday. I've said it before, this season is all on the coaching staff. They are a mixed bag so far.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Stud:
Anders Carlson
1 of 11 Kickers league wide with a Perfect 100% (3 FG minimum)
FG 5/5 100%
XPM 9/9 100%
3/3 (30-39)
2/2 (50+)
We did have people here that wanted him gone during the preseason. They also had sweet words for Gutekunst for drafting him. They are geniuses I tell you!!!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I mean let’s be real. The offense was doing f*ck-all for most the night. What difference does it make if the drive is starting on the 25 with a touchback or the 15 with an attempted return? When we’re consistently going nowhere on offense I’d rather our ST try and make something at all happen.
To answer your question, the difference is 10 yards.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did have people here that wanted him gone during the preseason. They also had sweet words for Gutekunst for drafting him. They are geniuses I tell you!!!
Thank you. I mean I am no stable genius but Thank-you.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
La Fleur did Love absolutely no favors Thursday. I've said it before, this season is all on the coaching staff. They are a mixed bag so far.
Getting dominated from the get go on a short week means preparation for one team is much better than the other. It is not just the talent and experience levels.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
lol you have to admit he does look like napoleon dynamite cmon
:sneaky: I try to never comment on the outward appearance of others. You see, I'm stunningly good looking (hiding here behind a monitor) and people just see that I AM a bronzed Adonis and treat me as they would a haughty Greek God. Admittedly, though breathtakingly gorgeous as I am, I am as dumb as a bag of steaming-hot horse/dog (take your pick) dung. That's my cross to bear though. :sneaky:

I have to say that the rookie kicker has surpassed my expectations to this point in the season. I have noted that even HE (with the dynamite leg) is not launching the ball out of the end zone. The assumption is that, IF INSTRUCTED to do so, he could and would. He seems to be placing those kickoffs right at, or near, the goal line consistently. This was one of the knocks on Mason (aside from whacking the uprights and crossbar), so... looks to me like the Packer coaching staff WANTS kick returns. I'm guessing, and as I said, prior ... steaming-hot pile...

What scared me more than anything else about this kid was that entering the first week of the regular season, he was given a brand new long snapper and holder. So, that storm was weathered. The new storm will be to see how he adjusts to kicking in Lambeau as the temps drop and the ball turns into chunk of concrete.

So far ... so good on the kicking front - punter too ... but, it's gonna cool off soon.

Members online

Latest posts