Duds vs Commanders

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea whether they will make the playoffs or not. But they have a solid chance to get there given that they are right in the thick of contention for a wild card spot, and half of the season hasn't even played out yet. Not to mention if they beat the Vikings, they only have to make up 1.5 games to win the division.

If you don't see the team turning it around, that's your opinion and your right to have that opinion. But to suggest they should give up on the season is something I cannot wrap my head around.

Bottom line....going to Jordan Love is 100% unfeasible due to Rodgers' contract. And there ain't gonna be no "splitting snaps" or sharing snaps or whatever. You bench Rodgers, and he checks out. And then you are completely screwed cap wise for a few years. The point could be argued that the Packers shouldn't have extended Rodgers, but they did. That's the bed the Packers made, and they have absolutely no choice but to lay in it.

But I'm sure the Packers should've went to Brett Hundley in 2016 when the Packers were 4-6.
Never ever said give up.

Said split time...if they are 6 games back with 9 to go.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me see if I have this straight… LaFleur should scrap the rest of the season after 7 weeks by starting Love, but he won’t because he is scared of Rodgers, who is ruining everything for the rest of the team, which would have a chance to win if only the problematic Rodgers wasn’t there.

Duds galore today and this is the theme that emerges?
Again who said start love?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone always said

With rodgers there's a chance.. Lost 3 straight with him now.

We need to turn it around now

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking more about Gute tbh. Not to be fired, but to maybe revise his opinion that receivers don’t matter.
Gute knows the last 2times we won a Chiampionship we had a Championship D# and he was counting on our back to back MVP to play at MVP level.
Also so far Christian Watson has been nothing but a injury bust, that said I'm not giving up o him it is way to early to tell and if thr man has unshakable confidence and returns to health I have no doubt he will be a star in the near future. Sane goes for Doubs, albeit further ahead atm.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an apathetic team that doesn’t care anymore. It is so obvious that it’s pathetic. Special teams still drop the ball with an old new proven special teams coordinator, defense still can’t tackle anything or anyone. They play so far off and leave people uncovered. Fire the defensive coordinator as soon as they get back to GB! He is pathetic as a coach!! Offensive line sucks and gives Rodgers no time at all. Receivers can’t catch the ball. Shame on ALL of them including Matt!!

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
has ruined. He has had his nose in the business too much. Not saying I would trade that for all the good years. I wouldn't. But going forward we are not looking good and part of it is his primadona outlook fault. And everyone seemingly so worried about hurting his feelings.
He had made his opinions about personnel known for some time during the MM years only to be completely ignored by the organization. I think he’s had some input and influence during LeFleur‘s tenure though, but doubt anyone in the FO cares all that much about whether they’re hurting his feelings.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's impossible for them to be 6 back with 9 to go.
if you don't understand what I'm trying to say I can't make you understand

5 back and 10 to go

4 back 11 to go

6 back 6 to go

They have 10 games left correct?
They are 4.5 back? I say lose next week they are 3 and 5 and could be 5 back with 9 to go..is that right?

Doesnt really matter. This offense can't score and I don't see if changing.

At what point do you say let love get some reps?

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't point at one spot and say that's the issue, there are a LOT of problems. Our offense is awful, defense is bad, against the run they're very bad. Our ST are the worst they have been in decades. That's all three aspects. Some heads have to roll, it's been like this all season long, and NOTHING is improving. DA being gone is NOT the difference, they're regressing at each aspect. Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can finish with a winning record at this point. They are losing to bad teams with backups or starters that will be backups. But hey, we beat TB12, right?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't point at one spot and say that's the issue, there are a LOT of problems. Our offense is awful, defense is bad, against the run they're very bad. Our ST are the worst they have been in decades. That's all three aspects. Some heads have to roll, it's been like this all season long, and NOTHING is improving. DA being gone is NOT the difference, they're regressing at each aspect. Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can finish with a winning record at this point. They are losing to bad teams with backups or starters that will be backups. But hey, we beat TB12, right?
I agree with some.

But I think jets and giants will be good at the end...commanders have a good d line.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Its hard for me to understand how that was not obvious to all.
Rodgers could cover it up to some extent and having Davante Adams for the last 3 years, helped as well. However, it has been painfully obvious (to me) that signing has-been veteran free agents and thinking that they and a bunch of late round or UDFA's was enough, has finally come back to bite them firmly in their ***. I don't see one WR on the Packers, that at this point would crack the starting lineup of most teams.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rodgers could cover it up to some extent and having Davante Adams for the last 3 years, helped as well. However, it has been painfully obvious (to me) that signing has-been veteran free agents and thinking that they and a bunch of late round or UDFA's was enough, has finally come back to bite them firmly in their ***. I don't see one WR on the Packers, that at this point would crack the starting lineup of most teams.
I’d say Sammy Watkins, Lazard and Cobb could be starters in at least several teams. But availability at WR has plagued us also. Sammy is good when he’s healthy, but he’s been plagued by injury misfortune and he barely practiced and thus probably didn’t need to be a featured WR this quickly. He pulled a Watson and dropped a big one and that is evidence that lack of consistent playing time is a common denominator to lack of concentration.

We’ve got a potential deep threat in #9 who’s suffered 3 setbacks since Camp and has barely seen the football field.

Our Starting Slot WR (Cobby) is on IR for 4 weeks minimum

So left you’ve got Lazard and Doubs are probably somewhere in that WR3-WR4 range until proven consistently otherwise. However let’s face it, they are being paired with our opponents CB1/CB2. That’s just not going to go over well against a good front DL. This was a game we desperately needed a veteran Slot WR and a deep threat to keep them honest. We had neither.

Couple all that with Amari Rodgers. He’s like the catalyst to implosion

Sprinkle on top 5 or 6 dropped passes and 9 team penalties for nearly 70 yards and it speaks to undisciplined, uncoordinated and ill-prepared = inconsistent play

I was happy that we finally started out like 8 runs mixed in at 4.3 per carry and then we largely abandoned our Running game. Yet we were never really down by more than 4 points for the bulk of the game Why?

Ok ok we ran at our 1 yard line to avoid a Safety kudos there and picked up 5 yards!! but then after Matt said last week he should’ve run it and then this week he didn’t with a 4th and 1 AND Game in the balance??
All that after Matt just saying last week it was a mistake at 3rd and 2 with time to burn in scoring position and game in balance and 4 down territory? I’m just stupified

Last edited:

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be obvious to everyone. I’ve been saying for years that no team is going to win a Super Bowl with just one top tier receiver (Adams) no matter how good he is. It’s a big reason why we‘ve fallen short in playoff games and why top defenses always create a nightmare matchup for us. And now we have zero top tier receivers. There’s no way for Rodgers to cover that up.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be obvious to everyone. I’ve been saying for years that no team is going to win a Super Bowl with just one top tier receiver (Adams) no matter how good he is. It’s a big reason why we‘ve fallen short in playoff games and why top defenses always create a nightmare matchup for us. And now we have zero top tier receivers. There’s no way for Rodgers to cover that up.
Their issue goes well beyond just WR troubles, they only had less than 240 yards today. We had 38yds rushing and 194yds passing. Just 232 yards total, 2 fumbles. I can't say where we rank, (as there's still a game left), one thing is certain, this offense is not working. I wonder if we even are a top 20 offense. I hate even saying this, but AR keeps playing like he's not a MVP. This is not going in a positive direction. The NY teams are one thing (even though the Jets were leaping in our stadium) but losing to the 2-4 Commanders with a backup QB is really embarrassing. Their D kept gifting us first downs otherwise they couldn't sustain drives. Again AR deserves some blame for this as he did have 2 fumbles and 194 yards, which was less yards than TH and 2 more fumbles. TH was at first trying to throw it away, but d***, this was GB playing bad. Once or twice could be dismissed, but this has been an all season thing.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had one overthrow to Watkins early. That’s it. I’m not going to say he played great but he was far from bad.

We are lacking skill players and that should be glaringly obvious to everyone at this point.

"You can't wake someone up who pretends to be asleep."

All though you are obv right on the second notion.

The OL didn’t make much space in run game BUT I liked that OL lineup wise. Which was frustrating…WR would get open and either Rodgers would suck on the throw or they would suck on catching it.

It is insane how many plays just sucked from one side or the other of the passing game…clean up even half of those and it is a whole different game…

Also I don’t care what anyone says Rodgers is a Jay Cutler type at times when **** happens…that ball he fastball threw straight at Doubs feet and Doubs almost snatched it you’d have swore by Rodgers fit that he put it on Doubs’ chest…sorry Rodgers there are plenty of times to point finger elsewhere but you better freaking point it at yourself in the game when it is appropriate….don’t wait till the post game presser to take “ownership”

Have been saying it for years, Rodgers is NOT a leader. When the going gets tough he behaves like a spoiled brat, left finger pointing, eye rolling and sulking. Should have straight up traded him in the offseason.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never ever said give up.

Said split time...if they are 6 games back with 9 to go.
Although Love may get his time on the field. When we play the big boys now the rest of the season garbage time may start late in the 3rd quarter.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lots of duds, and this isn't the most important issue at all in the game, but why try a series of laterals on the last play? Is that really the best option? Rodgers could have easily thrown it to the end zone from where they had the ball for a hail-mary attempt. Or given how far the DBs were playing off the line, they could have picked up another 10 yards on a short pass and tried a 60-yard field goal. Neither is very likely to work, but I don't like the lateral option.

I don't think there was enough time to complete a short pass to get into field goal range. It's possible they didn't try a hail mary because of the thumb injury to Rodgers.

Also I don’t care what anyone says Rodgers is a Jay Cutler type at times when **** happens…that ball he fastball threw straight at Doubs feet and Doubs almost snatched it you’d have swore by Rodgers fit that he put it on Doubs’ chest…sorry Rodgers there are plenty of times to point finger elsewhere but you better freaking point it at yourself in the game when it is appropriate….don’t wait till the post game presser to take “ownership”

I believe there was no way for Rodgers to throw that ball any other way as one of the defenders forced him to alter the direction of the ball as it would have been tipped otherwise.

on a Day where the Defense couldn’t get off the field, we were out there for 22 minutes and got off a season low 47 snaps. That might be the lowest snap count in years?

The Packers ran only 44 plays on offense in last season's win at Chicago.

Totally agree. This is happening week after week. LaFleur/Rodgers refuse to run the ball after the first two drives of the game. Shame on them.

I agree the Packers should run the ball more often but that don't have a lot of success doing it either. They averaged 3.2 yards per attempt yesterday.

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe Love can provide an offensive spark if they get him out on a few designed scramble/runs mixed in.

Love would be lost out there playing with that kind of talent.

To me the big question is, is this Rogers last year or do we endure another year of drama and petulance. What’s the cap hit if we (or he) move on after this year vs next?

The Packers would take a cap hit of $40.3 million of dead money counting against their cap if they move on from him after this season. That's actually an additional cap hit of close to $8.7 million compared to keeping him for next year.

Trading Rodgers would also free up major cap space.

That's not true, see above.

I had said if Rodgers did not have a good first half; play Love. Could not have hurt any.

The Packers offense would most likely have struggled even more with Love being in a quarterback.

Gute knows the last 2times we won a Chiampionship we had a Championship D# and he was counting on our back to back MVP to play at MVP level.

It's impossible for a quarterback to perform at an MVP level if there aren't any receivers open or they drop the ball once they are.

DA being gone is NOT the difference, they're regressing at each aspect.

The Packers not having Adams anymore is a huge reason for the offense struggling.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@captainWIMM okay let’s say it was - dude acted like a straight punk. I swear it’s getting old in the moments when he responds like that. I admit he’s matured a lot lately in responsibility and such, but it’s always days later, months or what not. In the moment, he is like LeBron….him his mind it is NEVER his fault.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Least talented. Just stop. Wr group ill give you. But entire roster? Lol

Everyone is saying his accuracy is off..Moose Johnson even mentioned it.
Yes he is prob the least of an issue, but there is an issue.

If they truly are 6 games back of 1st, why sit there and just spin wheels. Have love play.. Split with Rodgers.
This way they know exactly what they have.

I.'m.sorry but no fans truly know what love is capable off..

Its been debated for a year here.

In 2 weeks might be the time to truly find out

This is what people are saying. Ck the replies to this Twitter. Majority are saying same few of us here are saying.

People need to remove the blinders and understand Rodgers is having issues even when given time..5humb or not..its an issue

Every other great in this league has 3-4 passes a game that aren't where they should be. Rodgers had less than a handful of passes yesterday that weren't great. Meanwhile, Dillon had a drop, Doubs had at least 1, Lazard had one on a 3rd down that would have been a drive extender on the very first drive, Rodgers had one that would have been huge at the end of the game. He had a couple knocked away because the receivers can't get ay separation at all.

Rodgers is so far down the list of what's wrong I don't understand why it's the first thing people bring up every week. People act like he can't throw the ball anymore LOL. People seeing HighNicky's receivers make some great catches and ask, "why can't Rodgers do that" LOL Did they see the dime he dropped to Rodgers? The TD to Aaron, how fast he can still sling it out to Tonyan? He can still do it, we just don't have any pass catchers.

and Moose Johnson is an idiot. He couldn't tell if a ball was in bounds, out of bounds, fumbled, knocked free, caught, dropped anything. He's just in that booth talking and talking. Not sure he's really watching. At one point I think he said something like, "this just shows you how in tune Amari and Rodgers are and playing on the same page" LOL he obviously doesn't know his *** from his elbow. :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@captainWIMM okay let’s say it was - dude acted like a straight punk. I swear it’s getting old in the moments when he responds like that. I admit he’s matured a lot lately in responsibility and such, but it’s always days later, months or what not. In the moment, he is like LeBron….him his mind it is NEVER his fault.
I must have stepped out with the kids for that play, but in general, i think the whole Rodgers thinks it's everyone else's fault is way overplayed. I'd bet half his eye rolls are for himself. I know people like him and that's how they are. But beyond that one play, I think Doubs was doing his own thing out there yesterday. I saw numerous times and one in particular where Rodgers was looking his way, I have a feeling the play was designed to go to him, and he ended up having to quick toss it to someone else and he looked right at him and mouthed "what are we trying to do? what are we trying to do?" as in, get your ****ing head in the game.

The way I see people go off in here after 1 missed pass, I imagine they have no patience for that sort of thing either especially play after play game after game of knowing your WR's are supposed to be doing one thing and their doing another. I wish they'd quit acting like they did.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have stepped out with the kids for that play, but in general, i think the whole Rodgers thinks it's everyone else's fault is way overplayed. I'd bet half his eye rolls are for himself. I know people like him and that's how they are. But beyond that one play, I think Doubs was doing his own thing out there yesterday. I saw numerous times and one in particular where Rodgers was looking his way, I have a feeling the play was designed to go to him, and he ended up having to quick toss it to someone else and he looked right at him and mouthed "what are we trying to do? what are we trying to do?" as in, get your ****ing head in the game.

The way I see people go off in here after 1 missed pass, I imagine they have no patience for that sort of thing either especially play after play game after game of knowing your WR's are supposed to be doing one thing and their doing another. I wish they'd quit acting like they did.

Yet again...deflecting Rodgers' issues to someone else struggling. Yes, Doubs SUCKED yesterday. His releases weren't as crisp as normal...I noticed right away yesterday and even texted a buddy I think Doubs is off today for whatever reason.

Both things can be true.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts