Duds vs Commanders

Reaction score
Lose next week they are 3 and 5, Vikings could be 7 and 1... Technically 6 games back.

I say Love needs to play...
I was thinking the same thing.
If we go 3-5 our chances of making playoffs are ultra slim. Best thing that happens is we find out what we have with Love in a good 1/2 season sample size. We can’t be afraid to move on and we might even stand to gain a high draft pick for a year or two. This season and next will go by in a eye blink and we could shed major debt and be right back in the mix in 2024. If we wait? We delay the ability to reformat this hard drive and it’ll be old equipment.
Trading Rodgers would also free up major cap space. It’s a sad state of affairs I like Aaron, but the reality is he’ll turn 40 next season and it’s unlikely he plays much longer imo. He’s got maybe maybe 2 more seasons and this year showed me he’s not likely to sustain MVP those seasons. It’s just an unfortunate reality I would’ve loved for #12 to play lights out, but this season is nearing a point of no return. Let him have an opportunity in his twilight years elsewhere.

Last edited:

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love is not the answer. Rodgers thumb looks like an eggplant and Love isn't playing. That should tell you something about what this 3rd year, #1 draft pick is capable of. Trading Rodgers last year or this year for a ton of picks isn't going to do anything. Has Gute done anything with drafting? This is bad top to bottom. Cut the head off the rotting fish and start over.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see less than 1% chance Rodgers is traded. He’s going to retire having played for one team. It’s always been his goal and I haven’t seen anything recently to make me believe otherwise. He’ll retire before being traded at this point .

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the least of this team’s problems. We have one of the least talented rosters in the NFL.
Least talented. Just stop. Wr group ill give you. But entire roster? Lol

Everyone is saying his accuracy is off..Moose Johnson even mentioned it.
Yes he is prob the least of an issue, but there is an issue.

If they truly are 6 games back of 1st, why sit there and just spin wheels. Have love play.. Split with Rodgers.
This way they know exactly what they have.

I.'m.sorry but no fans truly know what love is capable off..

Its been debated for a year here.

In 2 weeks might be the time to truly find out

This is what people are saying. Ck the replies to this Twitter. Majority are saying same few of us here are saying.

People need to remove the blinders and understand Rodgers is having issues even when given time..5humb or not..its an issue

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. The Midwest will get Viking games in the NFC.
Indiana tends to get Bears games since Chicago is so close. The Bears were the most popular team here until the Colts came to Indianapolis. Packers are third, but when they're good (which has been often) they usually get the TV slot. When they're not, they revert to the Bears (along with the ratings I bet, lol).

I don't think I could stomach watching the Vikings anyway.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season reminds me a lot of 2018. The team just isn't that good. I hope we can turn it around, but my expectations are low.

I'm not sure about starting Love unless Rodgers' thumb is bothering him more than he's letting on. He wouldn't take kindly to effectively being benched and it would signal that we're giving up on the season after just 7 games.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This season reminds me a lot of 2018. The team just isn't that good. I hope we can turn it around, but my expectations are low.

I'm not sure about starting Love unless Rodgers' thumb is bothering him more than he's letting on. He wouldn't take kindly to effectively being benched and it would signal that we're giving up on the season after just 7 games.
I never said start Love...im saying he should get time..why play rodgers all game if they are 6 games out with 9 to go?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Least talented. Just stop. Wr group ill give you. But entire roster? Lol

Everyone is saying his accuracy is off..Moose Johnson even mentioned it.
Yes he is prob the least of an issue, but there is an issue.

If they truly are 6 games back of 1st, why sit there and just spin wheels. Have love play.. Split with Rodgers.
This way they know exactly what they have.

I.'m.sorry but no fans truly know what love is capable off..

Its been debated for a year here.

In 2 weeks might be the time to truly find out
Not the entire roster, but there are very few consistent standouts from week to week. The execution is bad across the board, with turnovers and penalties killing us as well.

Offensive line is terrible and the offense’s overall inability to move the ball starts there. The WRs group is undoubtedly the worst in the league, so why throw all that money at Rodgers and put that group out there with him? Even when we had Adams, it was clear the WR group was never going to be enough to get to a SB, let alone win one. Rodgers’ accuracy is definitely off this season too, so no argument there.

We have an improved but overrated defense after years of heavy draft focus that isn’t anywhere near being the kind of shut down defense that wins championships (because they are only good for one half).

Since our season may very well have ended today, it might be better entertainment to put Love on the field, maybe even the comedy gold type. Lucky for him, he would never be held to the same standard that Rodgers is, so he has that going for him.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I never said start Love...im saying he should get time..why play rodgers all game if they are 6 games out with 9 to go?

Lose next week they are 3 and 5, Vikings could be 7 and 1... Technically 6 games back.

I say Love needs to play...

How in the world are you coming up with 6 games back? As it stands right now, the Packers are 3-4 and the Vikings are 5-1. That's 2.5 games back from an identical record. Of course, the Vikings currently hold the tie breaker so let's be generous and say 3.5 back, pending what happens in the 2nd matchup with the Vikings.

Vikings are on a bye, so they "could" be 6-1 next week. Not 7-1. With the Packers at lets just say 3-5. That is now 3.5 games back, effectively 4.5 if you want to include the tie breaker. But again, pending the result of the 2nd matchup with the Vikings and how the tie breaker would go.

Regardless, the record of the team that snatches the last wild card spot is currently 3-3. The Packers are 3-4. To give up on the season at this point makes absolutely zero sense on any level whatsoever when you are absolutely still in the hunt for the playoffs.

To insinuate that, because the Packers are behind in the division race, to give up, when you can always still make it to the playoffs with a wild card berth is some next level spoiled Packers fan stuff.

You still have Aaron Rodgers. And the NFL is a win right this very minute league. You do everything in your power to win football games. Going to Jordan Love is NOT the answer. The very second you do that, you completely lose Rodgers. He will just retire. And with his contract, the cap hits are 100% unfeasible to absorb.

It's just not going to happen. Period. And it shouldn't because it's 100% illogical.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going back 3 years your hear announcers say “you don’t see Rogers miss 2 throws like that in a season much less than in one game”…. But they say it every game. To me the big question is, is this Rogers last year or do we endure another year of drama and petulance. What’s the cap hit if we (or he) move on after this year vs next? Man the She-hawks are giddy at the haul they got for Wilson…
And even though we scored a TD on that 4th quarter drive because of penalties I believe Rodgers still overthrew Doubs on that long shot.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How in the world are you coming up with 6 games back? As it stands right now, the Packers are 3-4 and the Vikings are 5-1. That's 2.5 games back from an identical record. Of course, the Vikings currently hold the tie breaker so let's be generous and say 3.5 back, pending what happens in the 2nd matchup with the Vikings.

Vikings are on a bye, so they "could" be 6-1 next week. Not 7-1. With the Packers at lets just say 3-5. That is now 3.5 games back, effectively 4.5 if you want to include the tie breaker. But again, pending the result of the 2nd matchup with the Vikings and how the tie breaker would go.

Regardless, the record of the team that snatches the last wild card spot is currently 3-3. The Packers are 3-4. To give up on the season at this point makes absolutely zero sense on any level whatsoever when you are absolutely still in the hunt for the playoffs.

To insinuate that, because the Packers are behind in the division race, to give up, when you can always still make it to the playoffs with a wild card berth is some next level spoiled Packers fan stuff.

You still have Aaron Rodgers. And the NFL is a win right this very minute league. You do everything in your power to win football games. Going to Jordan Love is NOT the answer. The very second you do that, you completely lose Rodgers. He will just retire. And with his contract, the cap hits are 100% unfeasible to absorb.

It's just not going to happen. Period. And it shouldn't because it's 100% illogical.
Love will have to play at some point. Our best shot the rest of the way is a split with the Lions and possibly getting by the Bears again. That is 5 wins. At this point every opponent left on the schedule should beat us. If they do not it means they did not show up.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

1st off..never call me spoiled fan. I've ridiculed numerous posters for giving up on the team after 1st q issues. I bet rodell after the 1st game loss to Seattle years back.

4.5 or 6 ( meant to hit 5) I rarely use a computer to post it's always a phone..so my fat fingers hit wrong keys. I didn't have the Vikings schedule in front of me..so forgive me.

Right now this offense can't score for what ever reason. And I don't see it flipping. Let's say they beat bills..and offense looks better ...then sure it could happen.

But right now to say they make the playoffs is illogical.

Ypu want to make a bet they make the playoffs? Say 100 $?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Love is not the answer. Rodgers thumb looks like an eggplant and Love isn't playing. That should tell you something about what this 3rd year, #1 draft pick is capable of. Trading Rodgers last year or this year for a ton of picks isn't going to do anything. Has Gute done anything with drafting? This is bad top to bottom. Cut the head off the rotting fish and start over.
Really?

Didnt see that...got a picture?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
1st off..never call me spoiled fan. I've ridiculed numerous posters for giving up on the team after 1st q issues. I bet rodell after the 1st game loss to Seattle years back.

4.5 or 6 ( meant to hit 5) I rarely use a computer to post it's always a phone..so my fat fingers hit wrong keys. I didn't have the Vikings schedule in front of me..so forgive me.

Right now this offense can't score for what ever reason. And I don't see it flipping. Let's say they beat bills..and offense looks better ...then sure it could happen.

But right now to say they make the playoffs is illogical.

Ypu want to make a bet they make the playoffs? Say 100 $?
I have no idea whether they will make the playoffs or not. But they have a solid chance to get there given that they are right in the thick of contention for a wild card spot, and half of the season hasn't even played out yet. Not to mention if they beat the Vikings, they only have to make up 1.5 games to win the division.

If you don't see the team turning it around, that's your opinion and your right to have that opinion. But to suggest they should give up on the season is something I cannot wrap my head around.

Bottom line....going to Jordan Love is 100% unfeasible due to Rodgers' contract. And there ain't gonna be no "splitting snaps" or sharing snaps or whatever. You bench Rodgers, and he checks out. And then you are completely screwed cap wise for a few years. The point could be argued that the Packers shouldn't have extended Rodgers, but they did. That's the bed the Packers made, and they have absolutely no choice but to lay in it.

But I'm sure the Packers should've went to Brett Hundley in 2016 when the Packers were 4-6.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me see if I have this straight… LaFleur should scrap the rest of the season after 7 weeks by starting Love, but he won’t because he is scared of Rodgers, who is ruining everything for the rest of the team, which would have a chance to win if only the problematic Rodgers wasn’t there.

Duds galore today and this is the theme that emerges?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who is ruining everything for the rest of the team,
has ruined. He has had his nose in the business too much. Not saying I would trade that for all the good years. I wouldn't. But going forward we are not looking good and part of it is his primadona outlook fault. And everyone seemingly so worried about hurting his feelings.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of duds, and this isn't the most important issue at all in the game, but why try a series of laterals on the last play? Is that really the best option? Rodgers could have easily thrown it to the end zone from where they had the ball for a hail-mary attempt. Or given how far the DBs were playing off the line, they could have picked up another 10 yards on a short pass and tried a 60-yard field goal. Neither is very likely to work, but I don't like the lateral option.
I think they ware hoping for a decent gain and a personal foul penalty and since the game can't end on defensive penalty I think they ware thinking that the penalty would put then in possibly doable FG.

Members online

Latest posts