Duds vs Commanders

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet again...deflecting Rodgers' issues to someone else struggling. Yes, Doubs SUCKED yesterday. His releases weren't as crisp as normal...I noticed right away yesterday and even texted a buddy I think Doubs is off today for whatever reason.

Both things can be true.
But Rodgers didn't suck yesterday, he had 3-4 passes that weren't where they should have been. That's as good or better than every QB in the league. So was he perfect, heck no. Was he the reason we lost or even a big part of it? Heck no. quit acting like he was.
Let's blame Rodgers for Doubs not doing what he's supposed to. In a game of professionals where timing and every detail is key, let's blame the QB for not knowing. One week he can't get rid of the ball fast enough, he should throw more short, the next he needs to not throw so short all the time. You know what plays worked best yesterday? Broken ones, but he's not supposed to play hero ball either. He can't win with some of you, ever and it's become obvious.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he was the reason - stop creating falsehoods. I merely used one play as an example of the exact opposite nature you need your leader to act.

Yesterday the playcalling and execution on the offensive side SUCKED by everyone involved....when one got it right the other sucked and vice versa. Besides the OL protection I cannot think of anything encouraging from yesterday offensively.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have Lazard even dropping easy ones....it's gonna be a bad day - that man in his young career has proven to have VERY dependable hands.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's also acknowledge that his (Rodgers) thumb isn't right and I actually chalk some of his sucky uncharacteristic throws on it honestly - because his touch simply isn't the same. That isn't a nock on him, dude simply has a thumb that is fighting him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With good players around him the rose up and followed him just fine. Even with subpar players and losing by 2 scores late in a game they may not play well but they don’t quit either. I think his leadership in practice and words in the huddle have carried more weight than they eye rolls people dislike on tv.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With good players around him the rose up and followed him just fine. Even with subpar players and losing by 2 scores late in a game they may not play well but they don’t quit either. I think his leadership in practice and words in the huddle have carried more weight than they eye rolls people dislike on tv.

I concur and have said as much. When he has time (practice, during the week) or is speaking forward (huddle) from all accounts he is everything you'd want a leader to be.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every other great in this league has 3-4 passes a game that aren't where they should be. Rodgers had less than a handful of passes yesterday that weren't great. Meanwhile, Dillon had a drop, Doubs had at least 1, Lazard had one on a 3rd down that would have been a drive extender on the very first drive, Rodgers had one that would have been huge at the end of the game. He had a couple knocked away because the receivers can't get ay separation at all.

Rodgers is so far down the list of what's wrong I don't understand why it's the first thing people bring up every week. People act like he can't throw the ball anymore LOL. People seeing HighNicky's receivers make some great catches and ask, "why can't Rodgers do that" LOL Did they see the dime he dropped to Rodgers? The TD to Aaron, how fast he can still sling it out to Tonyan? He can still do it, we just don't have any pass catchers.

and Moose Johnson is an idiot. He couldn't tell if a ball was in bounds, out of bounds, fumbled, knocked free, caught, dropped anything. He's just in that booth talking and talking. Not sure he's really watching. At one point I think he said something like, "this just shows you how in tune Amari and Rodgers are and playing on the same page" LOL he obviously doesn't know his *** from his elbow. :)
Totally with you. Too many drops

It goes both ways though, AR hasn't been perfect, but how much of that is due to dropped passed and, thus, inability to get into a rhythm?

I think the push for Love is just to see what he can do, or trade Love for something at this point, his rookie contract Is up in a year anyway

But what could we realistically expect from Love with some aging past their prime FA WRs (Cobb and Watkins), rookies (Doubs and Watson) and #3/#4 type WRs(Lazard) lol

This roster, particularly in the WR dept, has been so badly mismanaged it is ridiculous

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said after the Giants game that we were one of the worst teams in the league. Since then, the team has done nothing to disprove that claim, but rather has buttressed it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game yesterday but listened on radio to Washington's radio guys. They were impressed with GB's defense in the first half. Said we had one of the best defenses in the league. Also, they noted Green Bay's continued success with Jones running outside the tackles. Lots of love for Preston Smith and Douglas as well.
Just to give you an idea of how others view us.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game yesterday but listened on radio to Washington's radio guys. They were impressed with GB's defense in the first half. Said we had one of the best defenses in the league. Also, they noted Green Bay's continued success with Jones running outside the tackles. Lots of love for Preston Smith and Douglas as well.

This defense is doing all it can almost to make us viable...they struggled on stopping third down conversions....however they are getting about a 1 out of 10 help from their offense right now as well.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think all things considered our D is still Top 10, numbers wise and how they have performed

They are under achieving a little but, but still very good

However, our D is getting ZERO help from our offense

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The WR room injuries hasn't even allowed us to properly see what is in there even...that is just another compounding factor of it all.
No doubt about it. The combination of Watkins/Watson and now Cobb being injured has severely hampered the offense in terms of what plays they can run. That, along with the less than top notch offensive line play and the unwillingness to use Jones/Dillon in more diverse and creative ways by LaFleur/Rodgers has the team in total looking dysfunctional. On defense, too much play time from Walker/Savage/Stokes as well as Alexander/Douglas not catching balls that are catchable and all the ridiculously stupid penalties has it looking like we suck totally for one half of every game. Usually the 2nd half.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally with you. Too many drops

It goes both ways though, AR hasn't been perfect, but how much of that is due to dropped passed and, thus, inability to get into a rhythm?

I think the push for Love is just to see what he can do, or trade Love for something at this point, his rookie contract Is up in a year anyway

But what could we realistically expect from Love with some aging past their prime FA WRs (Cobb and Watkins), rookies (Doubs and Watson) and #3/#4 type WRs(Lazard) lol

This roster, particularly in the WR dept, has been so badly mismanaged it is ridiculous
Some of those "drops" were put in very difficult places. Rodgers is back to 3 and 4 years ago where he is not putting the ball in places to make it easy to catch. He is expecting people to make catches out of the dirt when they are wide open and he should be throwing to the body. And long passes are very bad. The one to Rodgers was off the finger tips but he would have had to make a great catch to nab that one. And he was wide open. Just another bad long throw.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That, along with the less than top notch offensive line play
The line protected him better after moving Jenkins. Maybe they can jell some for the run. Though I don't know why they put the OTs where they did. Seems like it should be reversed.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's also acknowledge that his (Rodgers) thumb isn't right and I actually chalk some of his sucky uncharacteristic throws on it honestly - because his touch simply isn't the same. That isn't a nock on him, dude simply has a thumb that is fighting him.
Buffalo Bills are 10.5 favorites and the over/under is 46.5 (or 47.5 depending on site). GREAT time to rest AR & his thumb as there's no chance in Hades that even with AR at QB a win is possible. If I was a betting man I'd take $10k on Buffalo and think the score will be worse than 38-10 so I'd throw a little at the Over.

This is a throw-away game so might as well let AR get his thumb healthy & take a long look at Love to see if he's progressed since last year's KC game.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said after the Giants game that we were one of the worst teams in the league. Since then, the team has done nothing to disprove that claim, but rather has buttressed it.

IF merely losing validates that then records mean everything...which refutes your claim. Browns, Steelers, Jags, Texans, Raiders, Broncos, Bears, Lions, Panthers, Saints all are worse using that logic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of those "drops" were put in very difficult places. Rodgers is back to 3 and 4 years ago where he is not putting the ball in places to make it easy to catch. He is expecting people to make catches out of the dirt when they are wide open and he should be throwing to the body. And long passes are very bad. The one to Rodgers was off the finger tips but he would have had to make a great catch to nab that one. And he was wide open. Just another bad long throw.
that ball was square in his hands, not finger tips. it should have been caught. And that was Rodgers evading rushers and throwing on the run and you think it was a bad throw? I don't think you could realistically expect it to be much better. I think the only pass better than that one was the dime to Jones for the TD. Receivers all across this league make those catches weekly, why can't we?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think if we can get some considerable improvement on the offensive line, things will start falling into place for the offense. But it needs to happen yesterday.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think if we can get some considerable improvement on the offensive line, things will start falling into place for the offense. But it needs to happen yesterday.

From a passing perspective our OL may have had its best game yesterday truly.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny tweet this morning from Jace Sternberger. He tweeted that he can't believe the Packers didn't draft McLaren. The thing is they drafted him and McLarn was the next pick

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a passing perspective our OL may have had its best game yesterday truly.
I thought so too, but after hearing AR’s and MLF’s comments after the game about Washington’s defense (unless I misunderstood or misheard their remarks), now I’m not so sure.

It seems like Rodgers is playing a bit panicky in the pocket on too many plays. Last week he said he was going to have to get the ball out more quickly but to me it looks like he just ends up quickly looking for dump offs. Just my opinion only.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF merely losing validates that then records mean everything...which refutes your claim. Browns, Steelers, Jags, Texans, Raiders, Broncos, Bears, Lions, Panthers, Saints all are worse using that logic.

I don't at all understand what this combination of words even means. Are you trying to refute that claim? Are you trying to trying to start an argument? Are you saying words just to say them?

Do you watch the games?

Based on the evidence on the field, the product we are currently fielding is among the worst products in the league in all three phases of the game. That is my belief. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you. In any case, it doesn't really matter.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't at all understand what this combination of words even means. Are you trying to refute that claim? Are you trying to trying to start an argument? Are you saying words just to say them?

Do you watch the games?

Based on the evidence on the field, the product we are currently fielding is among the worst products in the league in all three phases of the game. That is my belief. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you. In any case, it doesn't really matter.

Either I missed you saying we were one of the worst and not the worst or you edited the comment I was replying.

I completely agree that right now we are playing like a bottom 1/3 of the league team for sure.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're doing what bad teams do. Clean up any of one area and we win yesterday, we win last week and we win against the giants. 3-0 is a lot nicer than 0-3. It was the same yesterday. Missed opportunities on offense and defense. Dropped int's Dropped passes, PENALTIES erasing big plays or at least important ones, etc.

I don't think our Oline is going to be great, they can definitely be better than they've shown. If they block things up well instead of leaving a wide open faucet up the middle every other play, I think we can run an offense.

Our WR's aren't great, but if they just start making the easy plays, we'll have enough between that and run game to keep defenses somewhat honest and start scoring points. There's been some surges of that, and then they do something to derail it. Drop a pass, zero protection or run blocking, penalties, something to dig a whole we're not good enough to get out of anymore. But if we can limit that, we can be good enough to win a lot o games.

The defense can play at a very high level, we've seen it in pretty much every game. We need to give them some help from the offense and keep it more consistent and we should be fine. But we can't keep up this 1/2 or 3 quarters of football on that side of the ball either.