Colts studs and duds

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the beginning of the season I predicted 8-8, and that is about all you can figure on right now. Remember when the Packers supposedly had the weakest schedule in the league?
There ARE some excuses here. There is zero running threat out of the backfield except Rodgers. Professional defenders can forget the run and concentrate on pass defense.
Speaking of pass defense, is there anyone left to work the corners?
What is baffling is the lack of hustle by the Packers in the first half. There is something seriously wrong inside that locker room. I get the strong impression that the players think they have it won before they step on the field.
Ted Thompson: New England is ascending and the Packers are descending. Why? Because "The Ghost" continues to rely on bargain basement depth at critical positions. He worries about not having enough money to sign people and sits on a pile of cash. How about this year? As of right now, I would give TT a grade of D-. He's sat on his hands when the team needed help. Davis was a washout, where was the pro personnel dept.? Bad scouting. Ted wanted that 7th round pick way more than a real veteran who could help. When Shields got that concussion, he should have looked for a veteran corner available. Shields is probably done, yet Ted thought his free agents could play against front line receivers.
When Lacy and Starks got hurt, he piddled around again without finding a real running back to come in. So now we're running wide receivers occasionally. What a farce. I hope TT is having a good time scouting at Slippery Rock A & U for a 7th rounder or free agent while his team is getting chewed up.

Mike McCarthy: I get the sense that he's lost most of the players. I also get a sense he's not happy with "The Ghost". I also don't see a great deal of alterations from McCarthy's basic approach to the game. I suspect the other teams pretty much know what to expect with McCarthy.

The tight end position: few have talked about this, but what has happened to Richard Rodgers? He's been invisible at a position that might be among the most critical on the offense.

Recievers: Cobb is highly overrated. Compare him to Donald Driver.

The offensive line: they've done o.k., but compare them player for player with the Dallas offensive line.

Defensive line: better play this year.

Linebackers: still very inexperienced inside, improving, but they're cheap. Matthews annual injury problems make him less valuable. I still think he should go back inside and rotate him with the young guys.

Aaron Rodgers has morphed into Lynn ****ey, a highly effective passer surrounded by overrated players.

The season is probably lost, as 8-8 isn't going to cut it. The Packers have proven they struggle to beat the teams they should beat, and are a cut below the really good teams.

This offseason should mark the end of Ted Thompson in Green Bay.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Duds: The Green Bay Packers.

Disgraceful performance all the way around to inferior competition.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I've come around to the idea of making a big change in the leadership of the team. Personally I'd rather let McCarthy go before Thompson. The team just lacked any kind of intensity until the end of the game, particularly on defense. It was like they would try for a play or two and once it was third down they were waiting for someone else to do something. And I personally thought the play-calling was pretty horrendous. We reverted to the schoolyard offense of just Rodgers scrambling and looking for something deep. It normally wasn't there and when it was the WR either dropped it like Janis or was running half speed like Nelson the very play before Janis. The first drive try had us actually use designed plays (the play action rollout to Richard Rodgers) and attempt to run the ball some, and it just instantly disappeared afterwards. And while I can excuse the secondary a bit, the pass rush has been non-existent the last two weeks when we needed it most. Matthews isn't out there but we've invested so much in that front seven that it really shouldn't be absent when he's gone. Factor in the special teams failures and a few dubious McCarthy game management decisions and you have a nice smorgasbord of incompetence. Still, to me this game seemed to have issues of intensity and play-calling, so if someone has to go, I'd say McCarthy first. Count me as having the duds be everyone.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: The Green Bay Packers.

Disgraceful performance all the way around to inferior competition.

I'll agree it was a pathetic performance by the Packers but I'm not so sure the competition was so inferior. The Colts have been a perenniel playoff club for many years and just two seasons ago they were, like the Packers then, in their Conference Championship Game.

Playing most of last year without Andrew Luck and others they still managed an 8-8 season and they have played mostly close in their losses this season. Their home game loss to Kansas City was their only really bad showing and those were most of the films the Packers and we had on them.

Like with Dallas; they are better this season than we thought. Or, to put it another way, they weren't who we thought they were.

Maybe the Packers had the game today that the Colts did last week. And maybe the Packers will rally to play the kind of game the Colts did today at Tennessee next Sunday. People won't be writing off Indy so quickly after today. Maybe we shouldn't be doing so to the Packers either.

Reaction score
If ARod and the offense had been doing their thing all along it wouldn't depend that way on the D.
I agree. The GB Offense gets 2 series handed to them through Defensive INT's
The last one we netted -1 yard? Really?
The D didn't play great but I'd give them a C+ grade overall (factoring in injuries) ST gets a D. Offense gets a D+ And that's not good

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Watching the post game pressers of Rodgers and McCarthy - two very pissed off individuals.

I can tell Rodgers is ultra irritated. Continually stressed that there was no energy, which I agree with 100%. Says everyone needs to take a long look in the mirror. McCarthy pretty much said everything about the game sucked.

I just want to see this team play mad. Angry. With more of an edge. We're just not seeing that right now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not impressive to be right about things not going well when that's all you predict constantly.
Net is better at it. .

Rodell at least posts. . Even if it is all negative .

Net only shows up to gloat about a loss

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It sucked. .

def has 5th stringers playing in the back and we are missing clay, who might be as important as rodgers is.

The offense is so frustrating. They have huge issues

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds...Offense and defense
Stud was the squirrel . This team will be lucky to win 9 games. I've said it over and over... there is a need for a cultural change in Green Bay. The same crap with this team every year. They make the playoffs because the north has been trash.

8-8 might win this division.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: The Squirrel
Dud: Everyone else.

This team reminds me of the tennis player with the big bomb serve. If he's getting it in and getting aces, he has a chance to win. Mind you, he can only win sets by tiebreakers because he can rarely break his opponent's serve and if the opponent can time his serve and get it back in, forget it; he doesn't have the overall game to win the long rallies.

This is an offense that relies on bombs from Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson. When that is defensed or #12 or #87 are out of sync, there is no plan B. There is no short game, no running game, no screen game, no check downs, no draws, red zone power game, etc. Basically, the same thing defensively. This team has blitz packages for obvious run situations and blitz packages for obvious passing situations. Heaven help them if the opponent has a balanced attack, can run play action and draws, and the defense cannot make the big sack or turnover. The special teams have been erratic throughout the MM era, even the super bowl team struggled in that area.

I've never been a "fire da bums" guy and am not quite ready to go there yet but, I'm getting close. A blind man can see how listless this team is at the moment. There is still time to light a fire under these guys but, I'm not optimistic.

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I've come around to the idea of making a big change in the leadership of the team. Personally I'd rather let McCarthy go before Thompson. The team just lacked any kind of intensity until the end of the game, particularly on defense. It was like they would try for a play or two and once it was third down they were waiting for someone else to do something. And I personally thought the play-calling was pretty horrendous. We reverted to the schoolyard offense of just Rodgers scrambling and looking for something deep. It normally wasn't there and when it was the WR either dropped it like Janis or was running half speed like Nelson the very play before Janis. The first drive try had us actually use designed plays (the play action rollout to Richard Rodgers) and attempt to run the ball some, and it just instantly disappeared afterwards. And while I can excuse the secondary a bit, the pass rush has been non-existent the last two weeks when we needed it most. Matthews isn't out there but we've invested so much in that front seven that it really shouldn't be absent when he's gone. Factor in the special teams failures and a few dubious McCarthy game management decisions and you have a nice smorgasbord of incompetence. Still, to me this game seemed to have issues of intensity and play-calling, so if someone has to go, I'd say McCarthy first. Count me as having the duds be everyone.

I agree. It's time for a change of the guard. No intensity and way too much predictability. This team is going nowhere under the current staff. It's been obvious for a couple of years now.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Effing blows!!!!! And seriously idk why I get so mad lol they are all millionaires that could give a rats a** about us lol and I'm ruining my day over it... ughhh pack it up this season is a wrap fire somebody do something but I have a feeling we will just have to ride this one out... they go 9-7 at best!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the post game pressers of Rodgers and McCarthy - two very pissed off individuals.

I can tell Rodgers is ultra irritated. Continually stressed that there was no energy, which I agree with 100%. Says everyone needs to take a long look in the mirror. McCarthy pretty much said everything about the game sucked.

I just want to see this team play mad. Angry. With more of an edge. We're just not seeing that right now.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rodgers-stresses-need-for-more-energy/a548b73a-21f5-425f-8b78-35fc6b82aa15

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/McCarthy-We-need-to-play-better-than-that/a731419f-1ccc-4aad-8fab-1e7d5a3d3910

Maybe McCarthy and Rodgers need to start shaving again. It would force them to look in the mirror.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Green Bay Effing blows!!!!! And seriously idk why I get so mad lol they are all millionaires that could give a rats a** about us lol and I'm ruining my day over it... ughhh pack it up this season is a wrap fire somebody do something but I have a feeling we will just have to ride this one out... they go 9-7 at best!
9-7 probably wins this division.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could very well be I think the Vikings will screw it up but they do have a solid defense so idk but even if they win the division do u really think they will do anything? But the only way In is gonna be to win the division against the Redskins will be a wild card implications I'm sure

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers were 6 and 0 and Vikings were 4 and 2 last year

Who took division ?

Things can change in heart beat

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It could very well be I think the Vikings will screw it up but they do have a solid defense so idk but even if they win the division do u really think they will do anything? But the only way In is gonna be to win the division against the Redskins will be a wild card implications I'm sure
Boy did they ever.

Latest posts