Colts studs and duds

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Janis has to make that catch.

Well we`ll have to agree to disagree on that one because I`ve seen better players than him miss similar throws over the years. It wasn`t a given in my opinion, but hey, that's just my opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

... AND counting $15.2Mil against the cap in '17 ($11.1 savings if cut). Really think TT could use that cap $ better BUT without CM3 there was barely any pressure on Luck all day... even rushing 5-6 in some instances.

While it's true that the Packers pass rush has struggled without Matthews over the last two games he hasn't performed on a high level this season either and for sure not up to his cap hit.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
... AND counting $15.2Mil against the cap in '17 ($11.1 savings if cut). Really think TT could use that cap $ better BUT without CM3 there was barely any pressure on Luck all day... even rushing 5-6 in some instances.

Clay will be the last player cut next summer and end up on the Bears. :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well we`ll have to agree to disagree on that one because I`ve seen better players than him miss similar throws over the years. It wasn`t a given in my opinion, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Here I thought you were being sarcastic ;)

Come on Buggy, even you would have made that catch!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Janis has to make that catch.
I agree, however, I was frustrated that Rodgers even threw it at the time. To me, when you are behind, yet still have plenty of time, Good play selection does not include a deep bomb on both second and long and 3rd and long. I Think Rodgers needs to earn the chance to make that throw by getting decent yardage on first down. Then if he sees an opening on 2nd and short, go ahead and take the chance at the deep ball. If it is unsuccessful, then take the high percentage play underneath on 3rd down. Yes, I know this formula may seem predictable, but it seemed to be working pretty well for the past couple of weeks, and it certainly has a better chance of success than the predictable play of dancing around in the pocket on every down looking for a play 20 plus yards down field on every snap.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree, however, I was frustrated that Rodgers even threw it at the time. To me, when you are behind, yet still have plenty of time, Good play selection does not include a deep bomb on both second and long and 3rd and long. I Think Rodgers needs to earn the chance to make that throw by getting decent yardage on first down. Then if he sees an opening on 2nd and short, go ahead and take the chance at the deep ball. If it is unsuccessful, then take the high percentage play underneath on 3rd down. Yes, I know this formula may seem predictable, but it seemed to be working pretty well for the past couple of weeks, and it certainly has a better chance of success than the predictable play of dancing around in the pocket on every down looking for a play 20 plus yards down field on every snap.

I agree that with the offense struggling throwing deep it doesn't make any sense to try it three times in a row.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I agree that with the offense struggling throwing deep it doesn't make any sense to try it three times in a row.

Hard to fault Rodgers for that one with Janis, single coverage and he clearly ran past the defender. That was a near perfect pass and Janis flat out dropped it.

But I am so on board with this thinking. Seems like AR far too often goes into desperation and impatience mode, continually looking for a free play or a big play. While free plays and long completions are nice, be happy when they come, but don't make your offense rely solely on them to win. When its 3rd down and you need 5+ yards to keep a drive going, find an open receiver just past the sticks (and not short of them), pick up the first down, keep the drive going and your defense off the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's absolutely mind-boggling that the offense stopped doing what worked over the last two games and why the game plan heavily involved Richard Rodgers rather than using four or five receiver sets.
What was the breakdown of formations for the game? I remember some two TE sets, a couple with don Jackson as the back, and a lot of 4-5 WR or one of the WR's lined up as the RB with you variations of TEs and WRs.

It would be interesting to know the breakdown

D

Deleted member 6794

What was the breakdown of formations for the game? I remember some two TE sets, a couple with don Jackson as the back, and a lot of 4-5 WR or one of the WR's lined up as the RB with you variations of TEs and WRs.

It would be interesting to know the breakdown

I don't have access to numbers breaking down formations but with Rodgers (49 out of 69), Ripkowski (22), Perillo (22) and Jackson (13) playing significant snaps as well as Montgomery, Cobb and Adams lining up in the backfiekd I highly doubt the offense used a lot of four and especially five receiver sets.

OP
OP
PFanCan

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Take the blinders off, the Packers are not a good team and haven't been for a while now...

No blinders on here. My post that you quoted was written "tongue in cheek" mocking what McCarthy might say or has said in the past after a bad game.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be more impressed if you said "things will change" than "things can change," which is just an observance that it is possible for things to turn around. I'll give you a forum cookie anyhow for your optimism. :tup:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Where the hell did THIS thread come from, and WHY ? Is it relevant to last nights game ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it's so much about proving he was "right" as it is to show how ridiculous some people get when things do get tough. Same coaches, same players (well fewer even) same play books and they've beaten a slew of playoff teams here in recent weeks. The same guys half of this board wanted cut, traded and fired 2 months ago.

I don't know, maybe he is just gloating to prove he was "right", but i see it much like I saw this team. There's more to it. There's still a lot to be done and it's not getting easier. I don't see a team we can't beat, i also don't see a game I feel comfortable about going into either. We've been in playoff mode for 6 weeks and it still continues except now there really is no next week.

and anything short of a superbowl, and even that, might not stop the detractors, and they'll be back out in force with the "everyone sucks" mantra.

Being critical or making observations is different than what more than a few have been guilty of this year. That thread is a prime example? does it push you to self reflection? or automatically put you on the defense and attack mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts