Colts studs and duds

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy did they ever.
The only dominate team in this league is the patriots and that starts with there head coach he does everything so smart I hate the patriots and and can't stand Brady but they are so good it helps they have a **** poor division too Brady is the nfls best qb of all time in my eyes as far as winning goes but he is supported by a good team constantly

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
At the beginning of the season I predicted 8-8, and that is about all you can figure on right now. Remember when the Packers supposedly had the weakest schedule in the league?
There ARE some excuses here. There is zero running threat out of the backfield except Rodgers. Professional defenders can forget the run and concentrate on pass defense.
Speaking of pass defense, is there anyone left to work the corners?
What is baffling is the lack of hustle by the Packers in the first half. There is something seriously wrong inside that locker room. I get the strong impression that the players think they have it won before they step on the field.
Ted Thompson: New England is ascending and the Packers are descending. Why? Because "The Ghost" continues to rely on bargain basement depth at critical positions. He worries about not having enough money to sign people and sits on a pile of cash. How about this year? As of right now, I would give TT a grade of D-. He's sat on his hands when the team needed help. Davis was a washout, where was the pro personnel dept.? Bad scouting. Ted wanted that 7th round pick way more than a real veteran who could help. When Shields got that concussion, he should have looked for a veteran corner available. Shields is probably done, yet Ted thought his free agents could play against front line receivers.
When Lacy and Starks got hurt, he piddled around again without finding a real running back to come in. So now we're running wide receivers occasionally. What a farce. I hope TT is having a good time scouting at Slippery Rock A & U for a 7th rounder or free agent while his team is getting chewed up.

Mike McCarthy: I get the sense that he's lost most of the players. I also get a sense he's not happy with "The Ghost". I also don't see a great deal of alterations from McCarthy's basic approach to the game. I suspect the other teams pretty much know what to expect with McCarthy.

The tight end position: few have talked about this, but what has happened to Richard Rodgers? He's been invisible at a position that might be among the most critical on the offense.

Recievers: Cobb is highly overrated. Compare him to Donald Driver.

The offensive line: they've done o.k., but compare them player for player with the Dallas offensive line.

Defensive line: better play this year.

Linebackers: still very inexperienced inside, improving, but they're cheap. Matthews annual injury problems make him less valuable. I still think he should go back inside and rotate him with the young guys.

Aaron Rodgers has morphed into Lynn ****ey, a highly effective passer surrounded by overrated players.

The season is probably lost, as 8-8 isn't going to cut it. The Packers have proven they struggle to beat the teams they should beat, and are a cut below the really good teams.

This offseason should mark the end of Ted Thompson in Green Bay.
No his name is Captain Pike...

H

HardRightEdge

My, oh, my, oh, my. I want a hard target search of every residence, warehouse, farm house, hen house, dog house and outhouse in the area. Your fugitive's name is "one complete half of Packer football".

The Packers have now used up the season allotment of two "burn the tape" games. It gets a harder from here.

Mark Andrew Hooley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: McCarthy going back to his unimaginative offense. ISO routes all day long like most of the last year. Where was the quick strike imaginative offense of the last 2 weeks? It's like he goes back to the 'tradional' way like 'this is the Packer way'. Stubborn in the extreme and outcoached by Pagano.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't want to talk in-depth about yesterday's game as it is pretty obvious that it was a terrible performance by the Packers aside of some big plays and the offense on its last two drives.

There's no reason to give up on the season though. The team is way more talented than the current record might indicate and is only one game out of the division lead. I'm not convinced this year's squad is capable of ever playing up to their potential but there's still a lot of football to be played and therefore reason for optimism.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/11/06/poor-kick-coverage-puts-packers-hole/93408032/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Jordan-Todman’s-Big-Returns-Sparks-Colts-To-Win/67512d77-87cd-43c8-b3e3-dc19c9ed85fc

Chuck Pagano's message to his team: Win the first and last five minutes of each half. They did.

1: Return opening kickoff 99 yds for td.
2: End first half with 96 yd., 15 play, 5:33 drive for td and 14 point lead.
3: Kill possible Packers scoring drive with INT at Indy 21 after Green Bay has 10 play, 42 yd. drive for 6:17 of third period.
4: After Packers close to 5 in fourth quarter hold the ball for 9 plays, 42 yds. and 3:29 to run out clock.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: McCarthy going back to his unimaginative offense. ISO routes all day long like most of the last year. Where was the quick strike imaginative offense of the last 2 weeks? It's like he goes back to the 'tradional' way like 'this is the Packer way'. Stubborn in the extreme and outcoached by Pagano.
There were so many formations on that field last night, what are you talking about? Maybe they ran some "old unimaginative" ISO routes, but so what, it was the Colts defense. They should have been able to line up and trash them all day. It seemed someone was always allowing some pressure on the line, or Rodgers was looking for the long ball the entire first half. If you are, you have to hit on them, and they could have. He missed Jordy, and Janis missed a perfect pass. There were others where you could see open guys again, and he was overlooking them for the long ball.

We don't get good angles, maybe the passing lane was blocked, maybe he was already off them in the progression, I don't konw, but I do know on that 3rd and 2 he had other opportunities besides and completely blanketed (with 2 guys) Jordy 30 yards downfield. I also know he had a wide open Davis to his right with room in front to maybe the endzone, instead he didn't even look and tossed it to a completely blanketed Allison to his left.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ok, Packer Nation, they will adjust some things and get back to basics next week. Pad level stuff.
Take the blinders off, the Packers are not a good team and haven't been for a while now...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mark Andrew Hooley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were so many formations on that field last night, what are you talking about? Maybe they ran some "old unimaginative" ISO routes, but so what, it was the Colts defense. They should have been able to line up and trash them all day. It seemed someone was always allowing some pressure on the line, or Rodgers was looking for the long ball the entire first half. If you are, you have to hit on them, and they could have. He missed Jordy, and Janis missed a perfect pass. There were others where you could see open guys again, and he was overlooking them for the long ball.

We don't get good angles, maybe the passing lane was blocked, maybe he was already off them in the progression, I don't konw, but I do know on that 3rd and 2 he had other opportunities besides and completely blanketed (with 2 guys) Jordy 30 yards downfield. I also know he had a wide open Davis to his right with room in front to maybe the endzone, instead he didn't even look and tossed it to a completely blanketed Allison to his left.

What I am talking about it that's it looked the same offense as the last year other than the last 2 weeks. There were plenty of ISO routes focussing on 'just beat your man'. Except they couldn't and they haven't been for most of the last year. So there is a need to scheme them open, use motion, different imaginative formations. You know, the kind of stuff we did the last 2 weeks that was working well! The myth that Rodgers is holding it too long was pretty much debunked by Collinsworth and Michaels the other week. Screen grabs showing no receivers open down field. Rodgers missing a few throws but generally playing well. I'm sick of the same problems every week except the last 2. It is wholly unimaginative to keep sticking stubbornly to 'the Packer way' as McCarthy sees it. This is what I'm talking about.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone get the feeling that AR and the rest of the Packers players and staff have taken this R*E*L*A*X thing too far? While I wasn't at the game yesterday, the energy level the Packers coaches and players exuded seemed to be next to Nil.....something we have been seeing for over a year now. I understand the concept of playing under control and within yourself, but this team seems to lack energy and focus. Feels like the Packers are playing with an unearned over confidence that they can just step onto a field and win. Or just flip a switch in the middle of a game and win. Then when things don't go as planned, the frustration of "oh hell not again" takes over. If this is the case and it continues, I expect to see major coaching changes at the end of the year.

BTW.....message to AR.....when the Packers need 3-10 yards for a first down, stop throwing the ball 30+ yards down the field to a covered receiver!

D

Deleted member 6794

What I am talking about it that's it looked the same offense as the last year other than the last 2 weeks. There were plenty of ISO routes focussing on 'just beat your man'. Except they couldn't and they haven't been for most of the last year. So there is a need to scheme them open, use motion, different imaginative formations. You know, the kind of stuff we did the last 2 weeks that was working well! The myth that Rodgers is holding it too long was pretty much debunked by Collinsworth and Michaels the other week. Screen grabs showing no receivers open down field. Rodgers missing a few throws but generally playing well. I'm sick of the same problems every week except the last 2. It is wholly unimaginative to keep sticking stubbornly to 'the Packer way' as McCarthy sees it. This is what I'm talking about.

It's absolutely mind-boggling that the offense stopped doing what worked over the last two games and why the game plan heavily involved Richard Rodgers rather than using four or five receiver sets.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
The Squirrel - great lateral movement, speed, hops he has it all

Duds:
Offense - dropped passes, WR not getting open, Rodgers bombs away.
Defense - Make a stop just once to give your team a chance
Special Teams - Kick coverage horrendous, Crosby miss
MM - Why go away from what worked the last 2 weeks. Was it just me or did he sound like a stuttering idiot during that halftime interview. (maybe he was drunk)

Right after the game I wanted everyone fired. Now after sleeping on it and having some time to relax - I still want them all fired. This team is going no where. The effort all around was pathetic. Seems like maybe McCarthy has lost this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Except for 1 punt, Jacob Schum had another good game. :tup:

Janis continues to be a non-factor on special teams, at least from the view on my couch.

D

Deleted member 6794

Janis continues to be a non-factor on special teams, at least from the view on my couch.

In addition Janis dropped a perfectly thrown deep ball resulting in the Packers having to punt at a crucial point of the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In addition Janis dropped a perfectly thrown deep ball resulting in the Packers having to punt at a crucial point of the game.

I know there was a faction of Janis supporters out there, but I would much rather see the Packers give his offensive reps to Allison at this point. Guessing his dropped ball did nothing but increase the lack of confidence AR already had in him.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for a house cleaning at the top and get some great picks. A general manager who won't tinker with the offense of line a week before the season starts..???then let's get an OC with some imagination. Oh...dare I say,,,a couple of running backs??? And a Head coach who will take a big dump before the game to pull his head out of his rear end before the kickoff and make real adjustments at the half. Also no halftime interview lip service,,,,"gotta run the ball more...duuhhh"...
A coach with fire in his heart not constipation flatulence because his schtik has become really old.....

D

Deleted member 6794

I know there was a faction of Janis supporters out there, but I would much rather see the Packers give his offensive reps to Allison at this point. Guessing his dropped ball did nothing but increase the lack of confidence AR already had in him.

Rodgers mentioned last week that Janis has improved a lot. I agree yesterday's drop doesn't help though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Aww come on, it wasn`t the easiest catch I`ve ever seen. It was over his shoulder.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of CM3, what has happened to this guy? Always injured, mediocre play...
... AND counting $15.2Mil against the cap in '17 ($11.1 savings if cut). Really think TT could use that cap $ better BUT without CM3 there was barely any pressure on Luck all day... even rushing 5-6 in some instances.