49ers vs Vikings

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion: San Francisco is going to destroy the Vikings.

Then they will destroy us.

The only chance we had against them was if we had home field advantage. Unfortunately, San Francisco is the most well-rounded team in the NFC and I don't think they'll have trouble with either the Vikings or Packers this year. Not only that, they'll know what LaFleur is trying to do more than most and know how to stop him. As shown in their first meeting. Maybe it's a different story next year, but I'm doubtful we'll have made enough changes from the time we played them earlier in the season to now to make up the difference.
Oh ye of little faith. You make it sound like they are the boogie man. You've seen that San Fran has been had before at their home. Even if by chance we do end up going back there, I think the odds of us being destroyed like last time is unlikely. We'll definitely put up a better fight next time, and it wouldn't surprise me if we won.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would argue the games were closer last week but I would disagree with the premise of the original with the poster who said they were better. I was able to watch 3 of the 4 games (missed Patriots and Titans) and did not feel like the quality of football was very good. I felt like the play overall was sloppy and no team was overly impressive. Maybe I am cynical in my older age but the people I was watching with agreed
Not stating this as a fact but it seems to me that Wild Card weekend is always a notch below. But still worth watching.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith. You make it sound like they are the boogie man. You've seen that San Fran has been had before at their home. Even if by chance we do end up going back there, I think the odds of us being destroyed like last time is unlikely. We'll definitely put up a better fight next time, and it wouldn't surprise me if we won.

We have no answer for Kittle or Deebo. Jimmy G can literally target these two all game over the middle and put up 40 pts.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just watching a little of the Baltimore/49rs game and man did both team look good. Very fast linebackers and overall D. It will be very interesting to see how minihaha does.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard that Thielen has injured his ankle in practice, had 4 stitches but is good to go. Let's see is he's up to his normal game....

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling the Viking match up with the 49ers better than we do. And from the looks of things right now, it doesn't look like they can handle them either.

If Garoppolo wins a Super Bowl, I wonder what Tom Brady would think of it, and if it would affect his decision to stay with NE (or NE's decision to keep him, for that matter).

Reaction score
There’s no question MN was outmatched. But GB played pretty good against the Vikings also. That 49ers front is tough. 4 1st rounders. Basically 4 Kenny Clark’s if you will.
Our Offense has to change the game plan and exploit the short passing game IMO. Having several plays that welcome an over zealous rush and then dump it just past the LOS to Jamaal or AJ. Getting the ball out quick early is key.
As Bosa just said. They focused on Cook and shutting down the run, that’s going to be their MO if we play them again. Rodgers needs to get the quick passing game going early and sustaining drives. We need to keep their D out there if we advance.

Let’s put this Seattle team behind us tomorrow

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The boogeyman? They beat the tar out of us last time. We were clearly outmatched.

I don't think we'll lose as bad because it would be hard to do worse than last time, but yeah, they we pretty physically outmatched. Any given Sunday, but we didn't show any sign that we were close to their caliber.

At Lambeau I'd give us a punchers chance. In San Francisco...it's pretty unlikely. Our offense is dicey enough against mediocre defenses much less elite ones.

It will take a much better game from Rodgers than he's shown in the last month.

Also, we haven't even reached "next time" yet. We still have to win tomorrow.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much of a window does Minnesota have left? They are 3 million over the cap for next year with Waynes and Harris being free agents and with Cook in line for an extension. Their offensive line is brutal and their secondary got exposed a few times this year. Hard to rebuild an oline and your cbs with late draft picks and no cap space.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to tell you that the Vikings stopped running the ball in the second half, because that's what I thought at the time. However, I looked at the play-by-play and was surprised. The Vikings ran an impressive 52.5% of the time in the first half, and 51.3% in the second half. That's how you beat a high-powered offense on the road - keep them off of the field and give your defense a rest.
And now it is all academic.
We won't play the Vikings until next season.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
How much of a window does Minnesota have left? They are 3 million over the cap for next year with Waynes and Harris being free agents and with Cook in line for an extension. Their offensive line is brutal and their secondary got exposed a few times this year. Hard to rebuild an oline and your cbs with late draft picks and no cap space.
Rumor is Brady wants to play for Vikes lol

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson had 508 yards by himself and lost. What's your point? What did the Packers have the last time? Rodgers was 104 before he was pulled wasn't' it?
I think a few of us here just thought that Minnesota would put up a tougher fight than they did today. I know I had them for the upset today. I don't think he meant any harm by it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also just a friendly reminder that this is in fact a Green Bay Packers message board, and as such, criticizing the Minnesota Vikings is generally seen as, you know, ok.

Members online

Latest posts