Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Adams has 1 negative (this AM) & there's a chance for #2 tomorrow AM I'm sure there is a jet lined-up ready to go. If no negative this AM then he'll watch from home like the rest of us.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, scroll up though, people are saying the test he took yesterday was negative.

So that would mean todays test was....

He's probably not playing.
Ummm, you need to do some scrolling. Krabs retracted his info. so as far as we know his test status is still a mystery to keep AZ in the dark as long as possible.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm, you need to do some scrolling. Krabs retracted his info. so as far as we know his test status is still a mystery to keep AZ in the dark as long as possible.
Oh, I didnt see the retraction. Makes sense to keep it quiet though.

Reaction score
Yep, with a shoulder injury. Also. DHop is also questionable.
After a slower start, JJ Watt had a good game this year in Arizona against SF. He had several key plays including a 4th down PD and TFL. JJ’s mere presence on the field draws attention and frees up other defenders to make plays and him being ruled out is a significant loss for them. I just found out that Watt may be out for the season and I don’t care who’s a fan of what football team, I’d rather play him this week than year that terrible news. https://sportsnaut.com/j-j-watt-out-for-season-shoulder-injury/
SF played exceptionally well Defensively in their matchup with Arizona week 5. The 49ers were never really out of the game, as it was a 7-10 score until an Arizona TD with 5min left in regulation. That was @ Arizona. Arizona is a good team and they are playing at home, which makes this in their favor, but GB is good enough to hang with them IF they come in with some attitude. We are one of Arizona’s toughest opponents thus far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I highly doubt MVS will actually play tonight. I searched through the NFL transaction wire and according to it he hasn't even returned to practice for the Packers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt MVS will actually play tonight. I searched through the NFL transaction wire and according to it he hasn't even returned to practice for the Packers.

I fear this as well...

While we have shown incredible ability to win and throw the ball around when Adams is out (6-0) to have to do it without Lazard and without MVS most likely is a hurdle unlike those other 6 games...add in a SOLID defense in Arizona and I'm excited to watch Rodgers take on this adversity (because he is a baaaaad man when challenged) but also scared how this game could go.

I suspect even if MVS does go - I struggle to imagine he will have the explosion we are used to. EQ showed us in Chicago just what Rodgers has seen and talked with media about him before....if there is ever a game for him to put it together Lord this is it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of this moment there are three WRs active for Green Bay per their site:

Amari Rodgers
EQSB
Randall Cobb

Malik Taylor is still on Covid list - Yet stories were everywhere he was back active...so could be a timing thing.
MVS is still on IR
Juwann Winfree is on PS
Chris Blair is on PS

I fully expect Winfree to be elevated personally for gameday for a Covid replacement IF MVS doesn't go.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a good game to show different formations, personnel combos, pre snap motions etc. and do it early. See if you can get the Arizona defense off balance and keep them off balance by going against any normal tendencies that our offense has developed.

D

Deleted member 6794

As of this moment there are three WRs active for Green Bay per their site:

Amari Rodgers
EQSB
Randall Cobb

Malik Taylor is still on Covid list - Yet stories were everywhere he was back active...so could be a timing thing.

According to the transaction wire Taylor was activated from the COVID-19 list on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 6794

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea. I have an NFL communications account which lists more detailed transactions around the league that shows the Packers activated Taylor on Tuesday though.

Yeah that's why I put the fact I'd seen stories of that elevation.

You or anyone know if Winfree was on the plan to Arizona? Is suspect he may have been too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah that's why I put the fact I'd seen stories of that elevation.

You or anyone know if Winfree was on the plan to Arizona? Is suspect he may have been too.

I don't know, the NFL doesn't list flight participation on the communication site ;) In addition it would most likely be illegal to hack into the FAA to find out :sneaky:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone seen some of the advanced statistics on Rondale Moore?
Average depth of target is 2.1 yards.....yet he is averaging a staggering 10.2 YARDS AFTER THE CATCH.

266 of his 304 yards have been YAC....incredible.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am praying Preston Smith can go tonight, gap discipline is INSANELY CRUCIAL in defending Murray. He excels at this. Mercilus does a pretty solid job as well...but Preston has to be a go tonight I feel.

Members online

Latest posts