Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Hey, it's only Tuesday. Plenty of time for more to be added.
I was actually thinking the same thing. If Barry has it what defensive players are going to pop up?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams, Lazard and Taylor all are on the Covid-19 list. So, our WRs against the Cards will be EQ, Rodgers, Cobb and we can only hope to have MVS back. We will be bringing up some practice squad players. This could get ugly real fast.
...OR 350 all-purpose yards for Jones. :)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if I want a trade for Kumerow or to sign Janis off the street in time for kick-off Thursday. Either way another Rodgers to Rodgers Hail Mary should do the "trick".
That's how you play that game monstooves.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Adams, Lazard and Taylor all are on the Covid-19 list. So, our WRs against the Cards will be EQ, Rodgers, Cobb and we can only hope to have MVS back. We will be bringing up some practice squad players. This could get ugly real fast.
The Packers actually just activated Malik Taylor from the COVID list. So that's something.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Might as well just play Love Thursday and punt this game away. I didn't think we could win at full strength anyway.
Would send the wrong message to the rest of the team. Plus, I'm not sure I'd want to throw Love into this type of situation for his first meaningful NFL reps.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're going to see LaFleur demonstrate his schematic brilliance, along with AR executing it. Will it be enough? We'll know soon enough. I really need to dive into this
Not much he can do with everyone out now. They could run and pray they get close to what Minn did but that was getting over those early-game hiccups.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was going to be a tough game to begin with, but I for one would like to see how this team responds. If I tune in and see a team that has given up before it started, well, it won't give me a good feeling for how they'll play at the end of the year.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was going to be a tough game to begin with, but I for one would like to see how this team responds. If I tune in and see a team that has given up before it started, well, it won't give me a good feeling for how they'll play at the end of the year.
It's not good to rely on excuses but not much they can do at this point. Hopefully the score won't be as bad as high school blowouts. Now what if this D holds the Cards where A-Rod can keep it close? We would have to go back to the drawing board and rethink these stats. Crazy huh?

Reaction score
Holy crapola. We need to feature our TE group heavily in this one. Hopefully MVS is back this week. He’s at least been practicing.

Reaction score
Malik Taylor was just activated. Not sure how in unison he’ll be but that kid can ball. If we had MVS, Cobb and Malik Taylor and feature those TE more.

Sounds strange, but I’ve almost written this one off, I’m more interested to see how we will handle adversity.

Who is going to step up ? Who do you guys think will be our leaders in Receiving yards?

Maybe I should ask who is left? :roflmao:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall we actually did well 2 games last season without Adams. Jones will shoulder most of the load.

Cards O Line is still suspect, so running game could be fruitful.

Time for Cobb to step up.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, don't forget that in one of those games with out Adams that your recalling, Lazard went nuts (6 rec, 146yds, 1TD). He was injured after that. Lazard is now on the list too. Hopefully the RBs are leaking out into the flats more often than not against AZ so that Rodgers has a backup option.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you are predicting the highly unlikely scenario that an NFL team scores a TD on every single on of its possessions, then I believe you are actually agreeing with me.
I am agreeing with you.

Reaction score
Hopefully the RBs are leaking out into the flats more often than not against AZ so that Rodgers has a backup option.
The recipe for success with this OL is getting the ball out quickly. I think this coincides with that perfectly. Not to mention getting Dillon some passes on space and he’s a bulldozer
Packers Star of the Game!!!!!!!!! BOJO
Haha. Very unique answer and Field position is always key. Give us a couple punts inside the 10 or maybe the 1” inch line! Lol
there's bound to be a couple more losses, and this is the most likely one.
You’re building yourself up for disappointment, which is normal. That said, until Aaron Rodgers goes out (please dear Lord) this game is never over. He’s faced these type situations and it near elevates him. When #12 is full throttle it’s like watching MJ all over again. This is the one part of Aaron Rodgers that is unique in this league.
He responds to adversity at a level that distinguishes him from the rest (RUN THE TABLE)

Maybe just maybe, the Good Lord wants him to display his given talent on the Road all through playoffs. Reminiscent of 2010. Let us get healthy and then earn it

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about throwing in a completely new wrinkle that the Cards won't expect. Bring Love into the game or even let Cobb be the qb and go wildcat for a couple of series. This is the type of game where the Packers should treat it as a scrimmage.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading that, I'm waiting for one of you to suggest splitting Aaron Rodgers out wide and throwing him a fade pass into the corner of the endzone... :p

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That said, until Aaron Rodgers goes out (please dear Lord) this game is never over. He’s faced these type situations and it near elevates him. When #12 is full throttle it’s like watching MJ all over again. This is the one part of Aaron Rodgers that is unique in this league.
He responds to adversity at a level that distinguishes him from the rest (RUN THE TABLE)
Probably one of the better summaries of Rodgers' value that I've seen in a while.

Isn't that what separates the elite from the rest? It's that innate ability to take their play to incredible levels when everything is on the line.

Reaction score
Probably one of the better summaries of Rodgers' value that I've seen in a while.

Isn't that what separates the elite from the rest? It's that innate ability to take their play to incredible levels when everything is on the line.
Absolutely. Something that I’ve noticed about Rodgers and It’s not fail proof but it’s worth noting. When he’s “expected” to Win in a big game, he comes up short.
When he’s counted down and out, he has a little real-life Rocky Balboa.

This game would lead me to think we are pretty much down and out. But Rodgers is still an X factor. If he has an exceptional type game and we win the turnover battle +1 we’ll stick around.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall we actually did well 2 games last season without Adams. Jones will shoulder most of the load.

Cards O Line is still suspect, so running game could be fruitful.

Time for Cobb to step up.
Yeah. We are down two players and a coach and the sky is falling. What's up with that? Well, more than that but we have have winning. In that sense just two players.

D

Deleted member 6794

Holy crapola. We need to feature our TE group heavily in this one. Hopefully MVS is back this week. He’s at least been practicing.

The Packers only held a walkthrough on Tuesday, therefore there's no way of knowing if MVS would have been able to practice.

Members online