Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're looking at being down eight or nine starters, four of them all pros. even with out covid, a short week on the road against a top team you would have quite a challenge

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Adams tested negative for the Covid today. If he tests negative again tomorrow he is playing the game.

I'm going to retract this due to not being able to find a source. I was excited when I heard it on the radio, but must have just heard it was a possibility. Not reality. Sorry to those I got excited.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Packers would lose 2 games they won this season. I think they will lose this one as well. Let's hope I am wrong again. I do have some hope. They may be able to really get after their QB. Gary, the time is now for your coming out party - on national TV. Let's see 3 sacks and near constant pressure.

AZ -33
Pack - 26

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wrote it off when the cards were 6-0. the packers are not going to go 16-1. there's bound to be a couple more losses, and this is the most likely one.
Exactly. Maybe we can get it together and come back at them in January.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're asking our beat up secondary to keep pace with Kyler, DHop, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, and Rondale Moore. And then they just got Ertz. I think Arizona gets at least 30 pts this week. Would love to be wrong obviously, but short week, injuries, COVID, road game, their defense has played well. I just hope we get out without injuries.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The recipe for success with this OL is getting the ball out quickly. I think this coincides with that perfectly. Not to mention getting Dillon some passes on space and he’s a bulldozer

Haha. Very unique answer and Field position is always key. Give us a couple punts inside the 10 or maybe the 1” inch line! Lol

You’re building yourself up for disappointment, which is normal. That said, until Aaron Rodgers goes out (please dear Lord) this game is never over. He’s faced these type situations and it near elevates him. When #12 is full throttle it’s like watching MJ all over again. This is the one part of Aaron Rodgers that is unique in this league.
He responds to adversity at a level that distinguishes him from the rest (RUN THE TABLE)

Maybe just maybe, the Good Lord wants him to display his given talent on the Road all through playoffs. Reminiscent of 2010. Let us get healthy and then earn it
Football is still a team game. One guy can make a big impact but 22 usually determine the outcome.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re building yourself up for disappointment, which is normal. That said, until Aaron Rodgers goes out (please dear Lord) this game is never over. He’s faced these type situations and it near elevates him. When #12 is full throttle it’s like watching MJ all over again. This is the one part of Aaron Rodgers that is unique in this league.
He responds to adversity at a level that distinguishes him from the rest (RUN THE TABLE)

Maybe just maybe, the Good Lord wants him to display his given talent on the Road all through playoffs. Reminiscent of 2010. Let us get healthy and then earn it
love your optimism. maybe it will rub off on me. ;)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're asking our beat up secondary to keep pace with Kyler, DHop, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, and Rondale Moore. And then they just got Ertz. I think Arizona gets at least 30 pts this week. Would love to be wrong obviously, but short week, injuries, COVID, road game, their defense has played well. I just hope we get out without injuries.
Probably 38.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The recipe for success with this OL is getting the ball out quickly. I think this coincides with that perfectly. Not to mention getting Dillon some passes on space and he’s a bulldozer

Haha. Very unique answer and Field position is always key. Give us a couple punts inside the 10 or maybe the 1” inch line! Lol

Got to figure we punt 7 times unless we turn it over 2-3 times. He will drop 3 inside the 20 and help flip the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Alexander worries me more than no Adams against the Cards. Though you never want to go into your biggest games down 2 all pro type players. But there are some guys on this team that want to play. I think we'll be ok.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Alexander worries me more than no Adams against the Cards. Though you never want to go into your biggest games down 2 all pro type players. But there are some guys on this team that want to play. I think we'll be ok.
Yes. Alexander is a huge loss against an opponent with a solid passing attack. This week we not only face one top receiver but we see like 5. Always thought the day Fitzgerald leaves AZ life would get easy. It is worse.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My perdition was 37.

Don't forget they have Matt Prater who is one of the best kickers in the league.
Indeed. But they will not have to kick FGs except maybe late in the half.

Reaction score
Football is still a team game. One guy can make a big impact but 22 usually determine the outcome.
That’s very true and if each person steps up just a little bit? It could more than make up for that. The game continues to be heavily dictated be the sum of all the mental attitude and preparation.

A great example of that principle was the game after Favre lost his Father. Everyone was laser focused and I think we know why. Those boys went to battle for him.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Heard it on the radio. I'll see if I can find it. Maybe I misheard it. I don't want to send out inaccurate info.
Retracting this. I can't find a source. Apologies, I must have heard it wrong.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retracting this. I can't find a source. Apologies, I must have heard it wrong.
It happens. Many of us have heard that they need to negative tests to get off of the list. My suspicion is that they give you a second test right away just to ensure there wasn't a false positive, before officially announcing that a player is on the Covid list.

I Read somewhere he was limited practice last week already. Obviously hamstrings are precarious injuries
I heard it from Wayne Larrivee I believe on one of the podcasts. MVS was running around before the Washington game, getting ready as if in game mode. I saw that with my own eyes. Larrivee said that LeFluer wanted to see how MVS felt after all of that. The impression he gave was that if MVS didn't feel any twinges or problems, he would likely be a "go" for Thursday night.

Quite frankly, with all of our injuries it's a little advantage to not have a practice that would disclose if one of our better players (MVS, Alexander, etc) was going to play on Thursday. Obviously as Captain mentioned, you would like these guys to play. I think that a shoulder injury such as Jaire's is much easier to hop back onto the field from versus an MCL or hamstring.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After listening to Rodgers presser he sounds more like the HC than LaFleur. He describes the offense, the defense, the opponents. He knows everybody, remembers everything. Not sure about him.

Members online

Latest posts