Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

D

Deleted member 6794

Ian Rapoport reports that Davante Adams won't clear COVID-19 protocols by tonight and definitely won't play vs. the Cardinals.

griffin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am a Cardinals fan (born and raised in Az) and I hate to see all these players being out. Watt really sucks for the Cards because was having great year and fit right into the defense. But, he has been an injury prone player, so it was a gamble (I guess every player is) to sign him. I wanted to see these 2 teams be at full strength, well as full strength as possible, for this match up. Taking JJ out levels out the playing field a little for the absence of Adams and Lazard. Still, this should be a very competitive game because the Packers have Rodgers and Jones. I see this being one of AJ biggest games of his career being that he will be most likely the main target for AR. There should be a decent amount of green and yellow in the stands too. Teams like GB, Dallas, LA Raiders, Pittsburg always have a huge fan base here. I do like the Packers and they are always fun to watch. Hoping this game is close and comes down to the end. Looking forward to it

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a Cardinals fan (born and raised in Az) and I hate to see all these players being out. Watt really sucks for the Cards because was having great year and fit right into the defense. But, he has been an injury prone player, so it was a gamble (I guess every player is) to sign him. I wanted to see these 2 teams be at full strength, well as full strength as possible, for this match up. Taking JJ out levels out the playing field a little for the absence of Adams and Lazard. Still, this should be a very competitive game because the Packers have Rodgers and Jones. I see this being one of AJ biggest games of his career being that he will be most likely the main target for AR. There should be a decent amount of green and yellow in the stands too. Teams like GB, Dallas, LA Raiders, Pittsburg always have a huge fan base here. I do like the Packers and they are always fun to watch. Hoping this game is close and comes down to the end. Looking forward to it

Our #2 WR is most likely out too in MVS. Most likely best LT in the game Bahktiari. Plus top 5 in league CB in Jaire and Zadarius Smith. I say all this because when we beat you guys and surprise everyone, it will be interesting when we both meet again in the NFCCG possibly...I'd say good luck, but won't this week for obvious reasons LOL

griffin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Our #2 WR is most likely out too in MVS. Most likely best LT in the game Bahktiari. Plus top 5 in league CB in Jaire and Zadarius Smith. I say all this because when we beat you guys and surprise everyone, it will be interesting when we both meet again in the NFCCG possibly...I'd say good luck, but won't this week for obvious reasons LOL
Lol. It would not surprise me 1 bit if GB comes out on top. I see it as, if AJ and Tonyan step up, its for sure possible. Plus, its the NFL, ANYTHING can happen. The one "stat" in the Cards favor is Rodgers is 2-2 vs the Cardinals, but 0-2 when playing in Az. :p

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. It would not surprise me 1 bit if GB comes out on top. I see it as, if AJ and Tonyan step up, its for sure possible. Plus, its the NFL, ANYTHING can happen. The one "stat" in the Cards favor is Rodgers is 2-2 vs the Cardinals, but 0-2 when playing in Az. :p

All very true! Here's to hoping it is a good game to watch!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm almost certain McCarthy's last game was an ugly home loss vs AZ.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fan Duel says MVS traveled with the team to ARZ but will be a game time decision.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fan Duel says MVS traveled with the team to ARZ but will be a game time decision.

He and Bahk both flew.
If MVS doesn’t go, what is the WR roster list (excluding Tonyan)? Cobb and….??
I posted it above. Presently active is Cobb, EQSB, Malik Taylor and Amari Rodgers

Winfree was elevated to active last week, could be for this game too.

griffin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He and Bahk both flew.

I posted it above. Presently active is Cobb, EQSB, Malik Taylor and Amari Rodgers

Winfree was elevated to active last week, could be for this game too.
Crazy! Good game to have a break out game for one of these guys.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm almost certain McCarthy's last game was an ugly home loss vs AZ.
No, it was an ugly home loss vs the Lions. Rodgers got hurt right away and the rest of the team played like they had somewhere else to be. Luckily I was given a ticket to be in a luxury box (the one and only time!), or I would have actually had to watch that game.

It reminded me of a game that I attended in 1999 during the short-lived Ray Rhodes era.

** EDIT ** I was listening to the Wayne Larrivee podcast today and he mentioned that McCarthy was fire after the AZ loss in 2018. I completely forgot that MM was fired midseason. So you were correct Arod2gjdd. Joe Philbin was the coach at the end of the season when I watched them lose to the Lions.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to dust of the run blocking shoes and get to work. We have more than a punchers chance to win this game. We have 2 legit RB's and we can run block a heck of a lot better than we did last week. This is a week to commit to it and get it done. Many lesser teams keep games close and win like this. We still have Rodgers and when it's time and open he'll hit the big plays and he can use that short passing game as an extension of the run game as good as anybody.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think it will be our offense that will be our downfall if we lose tonight. As much as losing Adams and Lazard will hurt I think Rodgers always gives us a chance and we still have a play maker in Jones and I think Cobb is more than capable of stepping up. It's our defense that concerns me much more than our offense.

Reaction score
I do not think it will be our offense that will be our downfall if we lose tonight. As much as losing Adams and Lazard will hurt I think Rodgers always gives us a chance and we still have a play maker in Jones and I think Cobb is more than capable of stepping up. It's our defense that concerns me much more than our offense.
This will be our biggest Defensive test thus far.

These are some rankings as a snapshot to see where we are 7 games in.
It’ll be Packers Defense ranking #
Then (Cardinals) ranking underneath.

(3rd… Cardinals D)
Total yards: 13th
(10th)
Passing: 9th
(7th)
Rushing: 25th
(21st)
TD allowed: 18th
(4th)
Redzone %: 30th
(11th)
D turnovers: 7th
(5th)
3rd and 4th Down%: 22nd;12th
(1st; 1st)
1st Downs: 23rd
(9th)
INT: 7th tied
(20th tied)

Sacks: 9th tied
(6th tied)

Offensively, I see a recipe of Running the ball and winning turnover battle, field position. Also if we can have any O success whatsoever on 3rd or 4th Downs l.. as that’s where AZ dominates

Packers are at least a good D at points allowed/passing yards and D sacks and INT. We are actually pretty respectable in many areas

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts