Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a promising note that if we are gonna come into a game without Davante (which we have done well with overall) is coming off a game where we spread the ball around ALOT. I know it is probably overrated to a degree but guys like Tonyan and Lazard and even EQ have to be breathing tick lighter after contributing finally.

Also think Dillon will be on a mission to illustrate Sunday was a fluke and not normal.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So a promising note that if we are gonna come into a game without Davante (which we have done well with overall) is coming off a game where we spread the ball around ALOT. I know it is probably overrated to a degree but guys like Tonyan and Lazard and even EQ have to be breathing tick lighter after contributing finally.

Also think Dillon will be on a mission to illustrate Sunday was a fluke and not normal.
I think you're going to see LaFleur demonstrate his schematic brilliance, along with AR executing it. Will it be enough? We'll know soon enough. I really need to dive into this matchup some more to get a better idea of what to expect.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're going to see LaFleur demonstrate his schematic brilliance, along with AR executing it. Will it be enough? We'll know soon enough. I really need to dive into this matchup some more to get a better idea of what to expect.

It is gonna be a tough call. We really need Preston and King back. Preston a lot but I question how good he can be with that injury if back.

Just pray no more hits Covid wise

Reaction score
When Adams was out last year, Lazard and others stepped up. I trust Rodgers to spread the ball around. We have the guys to do it....just not an elite WR
I was thinking of that same example. Obviously we’d rather it be Davante, but sometimes these things happen and benefit the team long term by seeing what we’ve got. I’ve also seen some speculation that MVS could be ready, which gives us a deep threat dynamic.

I’m seeing MVS possibly making it back this week to finish October. Then I believe Bakhtiari, Meyers and J’aire all come back throughout November. Then we just might see Z back after the bye week or into December timeframe, but possibly before playoffs.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Every Sunday I get together and watch football with my AZ friends who have settled in WI. We have two TVs set up, so I have watched every Cards game. I don't see the Packers winning this one even if they had Adams. They have two very legit RBs in Conner and Edmonds. I really don't have to say too much about Murray. We know what he can do. They have Hopkins, Green and Kirk to beat up on our already battered secondary. They are going to put up at least 30 on our defense. Let's flip to the defensive side of the ball. We struggled running the ball against a good WFT defensive line. I think we will also struggle against Watt, Fotu and others. That means we will have to rely heavily on our passing game. Can we score more than 30 points without Adams? I just really don't think so when you have LBs like Golden and Simmons running around, not to mention Budda Baker. I feel like we are in for a long day gentlemen.

I will say with Rodgers there is always a chance. Packers 24 Cardinals 37

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krabs - I hear ya and mostly agree. On our four hour drive back from Lambeau on Sunday, we had a lot of time to talk football. We generally felt that the only way we can win this is in a shootout. If I were LeFluer, I would tell Rodgers to just assume that the Cardinals are going to score on every drive against our defense. Therefore we need to operate as though every drive is a 2-minute drill.

All of that said, I think that our offense can still be effective against an EXTREMELY good Arizona defense. Whether or not we can complete a game-winning drive without #17 is the real question. He is a game-changer as we've been reminded multiple times this season. If we are to win this game, Rodgers needs to put the other WRs/TEs/RBs into positions to be game-changers.

Our defense should get a stop or two. We do have good players and can make the plays. They've got to play their best in order to win.

Reaction score
Every Sunday I get together and watch football with my AZ friends who have settled in WI. We have two TVs set up, so I have watched every Cards game. I don't see the Packers winning this one even if they had Adams. They have two very legit RBs in Conner and Edmonds. I really don't have to say too much about Murray. We know what he can do. They have Hopkins, Green and Kirk to beat up on our already battered secondary. They are going to put up at least 30 on our defense. Let's flip to the defensive side of the ball. We struggled running the ball against a good WFT defensive line. I think we will also struggle against Watt, Fotu and others. That means we will have to rely heavily on our passing game. Can we score more than 30 points without Adams? I just really don't think so when you have LBs like Golden and Simmons running around, not to mention Budda Baker. I feel like we are in for a long day gentlemen.

I will say with Rodgers there is always a chance. Packers 24 Cardinals 37
While on the face of things you’re exactly right. We are on the Road and without
ZaDarius, J’aire, Myers, Adams, Baktiari (and possibly Preston and MVS). Thats a pretty decimated Roster and had you told me that pre season and we’d be playing a 7-0 team on the road? I’d probably cry myself to sleep

That said, the GB D is underestimated and running a respectable 18.0 pts/gm since our week 1 thorough beating. While I don’t imply we hold AZ to that, I don’t think they score 37 points on us either. Maybe they put up 23-30 range and much will depend on the effectiveness of our run game.
If Dalvin Cook can rush for 122 yards? We can also. MN should’ve won that game and we’re styled similar to MN right now. Injured and all.
It’s our toughest game yet. Obviously you don’t get 7-0 without great talent. But this is a mini trap game because we shouldn’t have a chance. If GB stays within 7 points at half time, expect a heavy dose of clock eating plays. Watch the Defense get hungry if we so much as sniff 1 drop of undefeated blood? Let’s just say They’d better not leave us in the game past mid 3rd qtr or expect a pair of 7-1’s.

This game is massive in playoff implications. With an upset? We immediately go #1 seed (Conference % record) and then we get healthy and I like our chances in NFC contests going forward. It’s good to be the King, but it’s better to be an underdog in this league.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krabs - I hear ya and mostly agree. On our four hour drive back from Lambeau on Sunday, we had a lot of time to talk football. We generally felt that the only way we can win this is in a shootout. If I were LeFluer, I would tell Rodgers to just assume that the Cardinals are going to score on every drive against our defense. Therefore we need to operate as though every drive is a 2-minute drill.

All of that said, I think that our offense can still be effective against an EXTREMELY good Arizona defense. Whether or not we can complete a game-winning drive without #17 is the real question. He is a game-changer as we've been reminded multiple times this season. If we are to win this game, Rodgers needs to put the other WRs/TEs/RBs into positions to be game-changers.

Our defense should get a stop or two. We do have good players and can make the plays. They've got to play their best in order to win.
I do not see us stopping Murray on any drive unless he kneels. Our hope is that we get a pick six. Maybe two. This team is so quick. You can pressure Murray and he can escape. You can cover 3 guys and Ertz will be open. Cardinals are a SB contender. Right now only Tampa Bay mat be the only team that can beat them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you are predicting the highly unlikely scenario that an NFL team scores a TD on every single on of its possessions, then I believe you are actually agreeing with me.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, at least we have Rodgers? Just curious how determined he will be to try to keep Pack's in the game.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His determination will be vastly more than any of us caring for your troll attempts. I know that much.

Guess you seem to be bothered by it. Don't take it so personal. It's all in jest. Carry on copying and posting your stats.

Krabs

Reaction score
I think that our offense can still be effective against an EXTREMELY good Arizona defense. Whether or not we can complete a game-winning drive without #17 is the real question. He is a game-changer as we've been reminded multiple times this season. If we are to win this game, Rodgers needs to put the other WRs/TEs/RBs into positions to be game-changers.

It's the NFL and we have Rodgers. That means we have a chance. We all have seen when a horrible team puts it together for a perfect storm of a game to pull of the upset. I also don't think that AZ is unbeatable. As you said, MN should have beat them. In order to run the ball we need our line to play better than last week. They just couldn't handle the WFT's d-line. I do think that AZ's d-line is not quite as good and plays can be made. They have great linebackers, but can be beat in the secondary. I still think having to go on the road and undermanned is going to bite us. I feel a bad L coming.

Krabs

Reaction score
Guess you seem to be bothered by it. Don't take it so personal. It's all in jest. Carry on copying and posting your stats.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Annnnnnd Allen Lazard bites the dust....added to the reserve/COVID-19 list.....

I truly feared this was coming. Figured Davante wouldn't be the only one in the position group to go down.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the NFL and we have Rodgers. That means we have a chance. We all have seen when a horrible team puts it together for a perfect storm of a game to pull of the upset. I also don't think that AZ is unbeatable. As you said, MN should have beat them. In order to run the ball we need our line to play better than last week. They just couldn't handle the WFT's d-line. I do think that AZ's d-line is not quite as good and plays can be made. They have great linebackers, but can be beat in the secondary. I still think having to go on the road and undermanned is going to bite us. I feel a bad L coming.
I said we had Rod and someone cried I was trolling. That stinks!

Anyway....as I was saying lets see how determined Rod is to keep us in this game. There is no doubt in my bone that our D is going to get rolled but this AZ O doesn't scare a bone in my body! Realized the funny word "bone" since it's, you know, Halloween soon?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Annnnnnd Allen Lazard bites the dust....added to the reserve/COVID-19 list.....

I truly feared this was coming. Figured Davante wouldn't be the only one in the position group to go down.
Hopefully Lazard or Adams didn't give Rod a hug after the game.

Krabs

Reaction score
Adams, Lazard and Taylor all are on the Covid-19 list. So, our WRs against the Cards will be EQ, Rodgers, Cobb and we can only hope to have MVS back. We will be bringing up some practice squad players. This could get ugly real fast.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well just play Love Thursday and punt this game away. I didn't think we could win at full strength anyway.