Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, its halftime and so far my concerns have been right on the money. Our offense, though clinging to a 3 point lead, has thus far been our downfall and our defense has certainly stepped up. At least that's what I think I said.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you all that that Ra's al Ghul was a bad ***. I watch the DC universe.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rasul Douglss snatching a victory from his former team. Great story line. Dillon ran hard. I'd I 've liked to see him get the rock when it was first and goal. Don't know why he wasn't pounding away at the goal line. Douglas bailed out some poor coaching. This team is coming together. Hope that means no NFCCG flops.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing one of the best teams in the league missing several of your best players maybe an ugly win is the best you could hope for.

The other bright side, besides the W, is that the game wasn't lost, or almost lost, by poor play. For the most part the players played well. The defense bent again in the second half but they did keep the Cardinals from getting an early lead in the first place which I think a lot of people were afraid of and they came up big in the end. The offense played about as I expected. Mixing it up, taking what was given, staying in front and making the Cardinals play catch up.

As others have said, questionable play calling kept us from scoring even more so we know the team has talent. When we start getting guys back I'll be even more excited.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone remember

This team missed howany on offense? The ones in there tonight, could they run or "knew" plays you felt would work?

On Def.. How many injured?

Yes there were horrible plays but sometimes it happens..and when you have players not experienced in, it happens. Sucks it does.

They held then Cards to under 30. Only 2 times this year put of 8 and packers were one.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say that I was surprised at how well they played. I knew that our defense was getting better, but they played lights out in the first half. Even though the offense was missing players the back-ups played well . I was glad to see that the run game was so successful. I knew that AZ had a weakness when it came to stopping the run. I have to admit, the way AZ was moving the ball at the end, I thought we were going to lose. I'm so glad to be wrong.

Studs: Rodgers, Cobb, Jones, Dillion, Tonyan (I hope he is not seriously hurt, but my guess would be his ACL) In or to win just about everyone had to step up and they did.

The defense played lights out IMO. They were holding their gaps, causing Murry to have no place to throw and they sacked him a couple of times. They even had 2 takeaways, with the best one being the last play.

Duds: I'm having a hard time thinking of duds, except when the Packers were within 5 yards of the end zone twice and didn't make it. I didn't like the play calling at that time. Why they didn't give Dillion a chance to run it in.:confused:

Very enjoyable game. And best of all. WE WON.:D 7-1 baby.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have to say that I was surprised at how well they played. I knew that our defense was getting better, but they played lights out in the first half. Even though the offense was missing players the back-ups played well . I was glad to see that the run game was so successful. I knew that AZ had a weakness when it came to stopping the run. I have to admit, the way AZ was moving the ball at the end, I thought we were going to lose. I'm so glad to be wrong.

Studs: Rodgers, Cobb, Jones, Dillion, Tonyan (I hope he is not seriously hurt, but my guess would be his ACL) In or to win just about everyone had to step up and they did.

The defense played lights out IMO. They were holding their gaps, causing Murry to have no place to throw and they sacked him a couple of times. They even had 2 takeaways, with the best one being the last play.

Duds: I'm having a hard time thinking of duds, except when the Packers were within 5 yards of the end zone twice and didn't make it. I didn't like the play calling at that time. Why they didn't give Dillion a chance to run it in.:confused:

Very enjoyable game. And best of all. WE WON.:D 7-1 baby.

And you never swore once......:p

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bet there were a bunch saying, "they should have had Dillon carry the ball" when Aaron Jones got hit on the 3 yard line and then muscled his way into the end zone. It was not going to be easy gaining that last yard on the ground in the 4th quarter. Dillon or otherwise.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bet there were a bunch saying, "they should have had Dillon carry the ball" when Aaron Jones got hit on the 3 yard line and then muscled his way into the end zone. It was not going to be easy gaining that last yard on the ground in the 4th quarter. Dillon or otherwise.
That's true but if I'm trying to gain 1 yard I think I'd rather have Dillon running the ball.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to believe Dillons recent fumbles had a lot to do with who got the ball at the goal line. After the fumbled punt they through 3 straight incompletions. When they got stopped on 4th down it was 2 runs and 2 pass plays (not counting Rodgers scramble as a run). Their scores were 2 by pass and 1 on the ground. So I am just wondering about this horrible play calling, did they run too much or did they pass too much?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rasul Douglss snatching a victory from his former team. Great story line. Dillon ran hard. I'd I 've liked to see him get the rock when it was first and goal. Don't know why he wasn't pounding away at the goal line. Douglas bailed out some poor coaching. This team is coming together. Hope that means no NFCCG flops.

Personally I would have liked to have seen it. I mean the guy gets blasted behind the LoS on a short yardage carry, by a backer with his shoulders squared and leading with his pads and Dillon just shrugs that off like it was a cornerback or a punter and still plows forward for 3 yards and a first down.

Everyone knows that hes a dominant short yardage back now, just him being in the game on that part of the field opens things up and yeah I like the odds of him being able to pick up at least 2 yards at will regardless of the situation.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mid-4th quarter Dillon was on the sideline flexing his leg so I think he's a bit dinged, which is the ONLY reason why he (and Jones) shouldn't have been in for all 4 goal line plays. Dillon (for a fake or hand off) up the middle and Jones swinging wide (pitch or swing pass) I would think would stretch & stress the D to the point of GB getting a TD on one of the 4 downs.

Not optimistic about the injuries incurred last night... Tonyan & Hill knees. Feel bad for Tonyan heading into a contract off-season and Hill paid for a dumb decision running the KO out.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great team win. Showed a lot of character. Great plan by MLF and company outside of the becoming a habit brain farts in the red zone.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mid-4th quarter Dillon was on the sideline flexing his leg so I think he's a bit dinged, which is the ONLY reason why he (and Jones) shouldn't have been in for all 4 goal line plays. Dillon (for a fake or hand off) up the middle and Jones swinging wide (pitch or swing pass) I would think would stretch & stress the D to the point of GB getting a TD on one of the 4 downs.

Not optimistic about the injuries incurred last night... Tonyan & Hill knees. Feel bad for Tonyan heading into a contract off-season and Hill paid for a dumb decision running the KO out.
You have to really feel bad for Tonyan and the whole team. How can they enjoy a big win knowing Tonyan and Hill look like they have serious, potentially season -ending injuries. Sure must have taken a lot of the fun out of their flight home.