Week 8 -- Thursday night at Arizona (Pregame and after game thread)

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may not miss a thing. Lots of what the Packers have trouble with - SPEED!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This won’t be pretty...I dont expect a win...

OL injured, dl injured, lb and db injured

todays game was sloppy because of the injures and the wft offense is good. Their dl front is pretty good and thats why they had issues..

Card dl front is good too, but their off wont let up and give away the game

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m gonna say Kyler Murray runs for at minimum 125 yards maybe even 200 cardinals easily win by 17+

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely going to have to spy the qb as he is lightning quick. No answer there. D Hop/Stokes match up ugh...Kirk/Green both are solid and now they have Ertz. On offense they need to keep em guessing. Would love to hear Bakh back this week. I saw some nice bull rush potential from Mercilus in limited duty v WFT.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, so much pessimism in here. I watched their game vs Texans today. Probably more sloppy than us. Kyler only did his thing because Texans O just couldn't stay on the field. Both O Lines were mediocre soared only by Kyler's ability to scramble.

I expect our D to fare better and stuff out their running game. We can match them in passing.

31-28 for a Packer win.

Reaction score
This game is an interesting matchup. This is not an unbeatable team. Cousins went into AZ and had a really solid day (3TD-0 and 122 rating) and Cook rushed for 6.0 per and 122 yards. I know some of you hate Cousins, but he is a good QB when he’s on and Cook and Jones might as well be twins from a talent level. Even our Defenses are similar ranking with MN right now. The Vikings did benefit from a MN Defensive TD for 7. But they also led several times throughout the game and should’ve Won 35-33 if not for a missed 37yArd FG end of regulation.

I think we are definitely the underdog on the road and also definitely will shock people. We’ll go toe to toe while we’re not even full strength. Mercilus will get worked in more and without a drop off in talent there.. he’ll keep our OLB group freshly consistent. Our Backup CB’s are surprisingly playing decent ball. You’re seeing a slight shift whereas the Defense is improving in bits. They just broke the <21 pts/GM and dropping. All that with a week 1 38 point shellacking. That means our D has averaged a very good 18.0 per points allowed over a 6 Straight wins streak. I think our D is underestimated to a degree. I think we finish top 10-12 scoring by seasons end, IF Z comes back anywhere close to his norm? We’re a top 8-10 Defense.
GB just went on the Road to beat Cincinnati and they are now 5-3 Division leaders and very near strength (very slightly inferior) to Arizona. We will have to limit turnovers and possibly win that battle by +1.
AZ 28
GB 27
Find a way to grind this out and clip them with an upset at their house? We will have beaten 1 of the toughest 2 remaining contests on our schedule and put ourselves in the drivers seat as a #1 seed (5-1 Conference record).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Absolutely going to have to spy the qb as he is lightning quick. No answer there. D Hop/Stokes match up ugh...Kirk/Green both are solid and now they have Ertz. On offense they need to keep em guessing. Would love to hear Bakh back this week. I saw some nice bull rush potential from Mercilus in limited duty v WFT.

Unfortunately I don't believe Bakhtiari will be back for this game, especially considering it's played on Thursday.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang I hate short weeks. One reason I gave up FF. I'll be at work for this one too.
I hate them, too. Usually, I am at work on TH night. But this time I am not and will watch it. Hope they do not disappoint.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is an interesting matchup. This is not an unbeatable team. Cousins went into AZ and had a really solid day (3TD-0 and 122 rating) and Cook rushed for 6.0 per and 122 yards. I know some of you hate Cousins, but he is a good QB when he’s on and Cook and Jones might as well be twins from a talent level. Even our Defenses are similar ranking with MN right now. The Vikings did benefit from a MN Defensive TD for 7. But they also led several times throughout the game and should’ve Won 35-33 if not for a missed 37yArd FG end of regulation.

I think we are definitely the underdog on the road and also definitely will shock people. We’ll go toe to toe while we’re not even full strength. Mercilus will get worked in more and without a drop off in talent there.. he’ll keep our OLB group freshly consistent. Our Backup CB’s are surprisingly playing decent ball. You’re seeing a slight shift whereas the Defense is improving in bits. They just broke the <21 pts/GM and dropping. All that with a week 1 38 point shellacking. That means our D has averaged a very good 18.0 per points allowed over a 6 Straight wins streak. I think our D is underestimated to a degree. I think we finish top 10-12 scoring by seasons end, IF Z comes back anywhere close to his norm? We’re a top 8-10 Defense.
GB just went on the Road to beat Cincinnati and they are now 5-3 Division leaders and very near strength (very slightly inferior) to Arizona. We will have to limit turnovers and possibly win that battle by +1.
AZ 28
GB 27
Find a way to grind this out and clip them with an upset at their house? We will have beaten 1 of the toughest 2 remaining contests on our schedule and put ourselves in the drivers seat as a #1 seed (5-1 Conference record).
What will be difficult is trying to cover all those weapons if AZ. Then the task if getting to their QB. He will use that RPO and we will have to watch for him running. I believe if we can run the ball successfully it could give our D some rest. Now on TNF teams are not able to get ahead with the defensive game plan. I hope Stokes prepared sooner for this one.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, so much pessimism in here. I watched their game vs Texans today. Probably more sloppy than us. Kyler only did his thing because Texans O just couldn't stay on the field. Both O Lines were mediocre soared only by Kyler's ability to scramble.

I expect our D to fare better and stuff out their running game. We can match them in passing.

31-28 for a Packer win.
Wone.We have experience against running QBs. And Barry must know enough since he faced Murray and Wilson in the past.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What will be difficult is trying to cover all those weapons if AZ. Then the task if getting to their QB. He will use that RPO and we will have to watch for him running.
They have some weapons. I watched most of the 1st half and it was close. Maybe Murray is like Russel Wilson and really gets going when the chips are down. Have to contain him which means less pressure. Better to just keep him off the field with long drives.

Reaction score
What will be difficult is trying to cover all those weapons if AZ. Then the task if getting to their QB. He will use that RPO and we will have to watch for him running. I believe if we can run the ball successfully it could give our D some rest. Now on TNF teams are not able to get ahead with the defensive game plan. I hope Stokes prepared sooner for this one.
That is exactly the recipe Minnesota used and while they still lost, they had every opportunity to hand AZ a loss.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Barry out is now a massive narrative for Thursday's game. I'm praying this means no players were impacted as they would have sure been announced as well.....MLF presser today should shed some light on this.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Barry out is now a massive narrative for Thursday's game. I'm praying this means no players were impacted as they would have sure been announced as well.....MLF presser today should shed some light on this.
[/QUO. Yes. Now the Cardinals were without Kingsbury for the Browns game and played well.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
First Joe Barry, now Davante Adams has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
When Adams was out last year, Lazard and others stepped up. I trust Rodgers to spread the ball around. We have the guys to do it....just not an elite WR
I think the offense will be alright, but you always miss a guy like 17. Always.

Latest posts