Viking stud n dud

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if the truth hurts. I have never made any predictions about my team that weren't true. Nor will I make any about the Packers that are not true. Fact is, the Vikings offensive line sucks. The fact that they put up 475 yards against you defense should worry you. They are 30th in the league in offensive yards so far this year. The deference in this game was two turnovers by...................the Vikings offensive line. And if you think that strip sack of Bradford was all Clay Matthews, you should check on the rating of the Vikings left tackle. He is rated as the worst in the league, and is responsible for probably 80% of Bradford's turnovers.

If the Packer's want to go far in the playoffs, assuming they make it, their defense is going to have to get better and get better fast.

And for your information the title of the thread is "Studs and Duds". If you think the Packers Defense was a stud during the game tell me how. BTW, the Packers offense, that stud offense, had 63 yards of offensive production in the second half. They did all their damage in the first half. Maybe you should worry about that as well.

My team, they were done weeks ago. I know the weakness's of my team.

Rap... You know I respect you..

But your 1st post really seems to reek of jealousy..

I'll gladly take a playoff game as anything can happen.. Instead if sitting at home

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you should look at how the defense stopped the Vikings in the first half. Wait, they didn't. The Vikings offensive line stopped themselves. A fumble from the snap? A strip sack from Clay that went around the worst left tackle in the league?

The 30th worst offense in the league averaging 311 yards per game, 4.7 yards per play put up 271 net yards and 8.7 yards per play in the first half. If you really think that's good defense, good for you. Or did the Packers defense start the game in prevent mode?

First of all, the Vikings did punt in the first half.

Secondly, the strip sack is still making a play whether he was up against a good player or not.

The Vikings only had 13 points while the game was still in doubt.

We can agree to disagree on this game, but either way the defense has been good for most of the last five games, which means much more than just looking at this one game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Monty finally showed he is human at RB. Aaron continues to look like his old self, Clay got a second wind, Jordy should be feared again, Schum punted much better than Masthay, Crosby still consistent on kickoffs (ditch the pop-up), FG's and PAT's, D line showed some life against a week OL, 14 points off of one forced fumble and a gifted fumble, Secondary still looks extremely shaky.

Once again the Packers did not turn the ball over on offense, while scoring 14 points off of Viking turnovers. With as questionable as our secondary is, we are going to keep needing to win that turnover battle.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Rap... You know I respect you..

But your 1st post really seems to reek of jealousy..

I'll gladly take a playoff game as anything can happen.. Instead if sitting at home
Never. I said before the game, I expected the Packers to blow them out. They didn't. You may see it different. But the fact remains the Packers D did not stop the Vikings offense in the first half. Vikings offense had almost as many yards in the first half as they do most games. That's not good D on the Packers part. That won't suffice in the playoffs. Now, anything can happen in the playoffs. But my bet is that if the Packer make it, they will be playing better teams than the Vikings.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back off Davante ! That was a hard catch to make ! The throw was high, Adams had to jump for it, He came down unbalanced and fell, The defenders hand was in his face. He is not SUPERMAN !

Greg Jennings would have caught it.

Stud:
Nelson returning to form, going off

Dud:
Inconsistent secondary

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: J N-87, M Daniels, Clay
Duds:passing D (over 400yds offense by a subpar team mostly by passing)
MM put another back to pass block please
Big plays
Lousy loser Lambeau limp by a V

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the first half, I'll give you that. At the half the Packers had 302 yards of offense, the Vikings had 276. Packers ended up with 348 nets yards, Vikings 446. Now, lets talk about that Packers stud defense and offense in the second half. Full Strength. Like having of our top two DT on injured reserve? Yeah, ok.

Joseph is your top dt. He played right? Floyd won't play again for the vikings. Seems weird counting him.

Dude your post was embarrassing. Your team just got rolled. Down 38 to 13 with under 5 play in the 4th is a blowout. The Packer took out starters! Who come to their rivals board after that and talks about how bad our defense was?. A lot of people like your posts and I don't get it at all. You bash the Packers any chance you get even after you get crushed. Time to use the ignore feature. Other people like having you here so it is better that I go that route and save me, you and the board worthless debates.

Last edited:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Rodgers
Nelson
Geronimo
Clay

Duds

Appleton Airports Runway de-icing crew

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud

Rodgers
Nelson
McCarthy
Matthews

Dud
First half defense. Don't care about the last 5 minutes
Cobb - OK this is probably too harsh but I don't think the offense missed a bit without him out there

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Joseph is your top dt. He played right? Floyd won't play again for the vikings. Seems weird counting him.

Dude your post was embarrassing. Your team just got rolled. Down 38 to 13 with under 5 play in the 4th is a blowout. The Packer took out starters! Who come to their rivals board after that and talks about how bad our defense was?. A lot of people like your posts and I don't get it at all. You bash the Packers any chance you get even after you get crushed. Time to use the ignore feature. Other people like having you here so it is better that I go that route and save me, you and the board worthless debates.
Not bashing anyone. Just pointing out facts. If you think the Packer's defense was so great in the first half tell me how did the Vikings put up 271 yards on them? Whether or not my team got rolled is moot point.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud. Packers Defense. Other than the one forced fumble. 475 yards from an offense with a makeshift line.

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Against a 2nd string QB and a team with a makeshift O-line playing 3rd stringers.

If they play like this in the playoffs, they will be one and done.
The salt is real.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not bashing anyone. Just pointing out facts. If you think the Packer's defense was so great in the first half tell me how did the Vikings put up 271 yards on them? Whether or not my team got rolled is moot point.
no actually it is THE point. The Packers just won 5 straight. We all know the defense has issues, but the Vikings were number 5 in a row .. two games ago they crushed the Seattle....

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total beat down all around.

Defense had a tough patch early, but recovered and the Vikings did nothing until the game was over.

When they have a big lead, there are two goals.
1) Still win easily. CHECK
2) Nobody super important gets hurt. CHECK.

The late TDs means nothing. The Vikings first TD drive in the 4th quarter took almost 5 minutes. Fine for them to score as long as it wasn't fast.

Go Pack!
Didn't Gunter get hurt in the 2nd Q?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Sour grapes !
Nope. This is my post from the original Viking Packer thread. I expected a blowout by the Packers. I'm am actually surprised my team did as well as they did. Notice I predicted a 42-6 score.

That shouldn't be hard to do. Our O-line sucks. Clemming couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag much less stop someone rushing the QB.

Our run game will be ineffective because the O-line can't make a hole.

Peterson will be a non-factor. See above.

I think the defense is getting tired of keeping them in games only to see the offense not score points. Mainly because the O-line sucks.

I expect the Packers to blow them out. Anything less than a blowout and I would seriously consider replacing your entire coaching staff.

Packers 42 Vikings 6

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are not really telling us anything we don't already know. You sound like you really want to be a Packer fan.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I don't know why its so hard to figure out that when teams are up by a ton of points they go into prevent or at least change their defensive game plan and giving up lots of yards and even points is acceptable to them as long as it takes time off the clock. Its not like they gave up those plays all game long. You have to look at how they played when the game was still a game. The goal is to win the game and the final stats are irrelevant when you dominated like the Packers did.

If the Packers are up by 30 points and they give up 150 yards and 14 points in the 4th quarter I really don't care, this is not the defense that played the rest of the game and it most likely not the defense that would have played had the score been closer and its not the defense we can expect to see next week.
How many points did the Packers give up in fourth quarters this year, a BUNCH, whether close game or not.. The defense just does not seem to have a killer instinct when ahead.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I knew the whole second half was going to be garbage time
It has been seeming like EVERY second haldf has bee garbage tome. The other teams all of a sudden look unstoppable in the forth quarter. Heck we made friggging Sam Bradforfd look darned good this week. What other team in the last four weeks has done that?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol that guy is talking about yardage when the defense held them to 13 points prior to garbage time. It's a division game, common opponent, these games are supposed to be a bit more of a dogfight. Defense has been solid to very good during the win streak, only hiccups have been against division foes 4th Q of bears game and the "yardage" in this one vs the vikes. Before that held eagles to 13, Texans to 13, and Seahawks to 10. When you're holding opponents to 13 or less, the job is getting done. Division foes are a slightly different animal.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A punter is a need. Schum is not that good.
Really don't see the problem with Schum. Vikings are a top 10 punt return unit with two taken back for TD's for the season. His job was to minimize that. He had 6 punts averaging 43+ yards and held the Vikings to 2 returns for 20 yards. Only the first short punt was a touchback. The last one was the only one with any decent return.

Members online