Viking stud n dud

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud is the Vikings DB corps. Heard they went rogue on Zimmer first half. Studs for us. All around offensive effort! Jordy is a beast

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Outagamie county airport runway maintenance crew. Nice work guys!
All Packers. Way to kick some butt against a division foe at crunch time in the season.

Duds
Gal in stands who hugged Rodgers a little too long in his Lambeau Leap.
Gal in stands wearing Packer gear smiling and patting Viking who did a Lambeau Leap.
Posters here who envy the Vikings for being a more talented superior team.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Dud. Packers Defense. Other than the one forced fumble. 475 yards from an offense with a makeshift line.

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Against a 2nd string QB and a team with a makeshift O-line playing 3rd stringers.

If they play like this in the playoffs, they will be one and done.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud. Packers Defense. Other than the one forced fumble. 475 yards from an offense with a makeshift line.

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Against a 2nd string QB and a team with a makeshift O-line playing 3rd stringers.

Looking at the yardage stat from todays game isn't a good indicator.

Sschnid's post earlier sums it up nicely.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

5 and 0 to?

4 and 6 to? And one more paycheck

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Lmao .... while all this may be true... you won't find me in a Viking Forum picking them apart the next time they soundly beat the Packers while they are in a 5 game winning streak.

Reaction score
Good game all around! Rodgers is on point, the offensive line protected well, the receivers were outstanding, and defense force timely turnovers.

I did expect the running back to be a little better than it was today.
Yeah. I think the Vikings did also and I think them respecting our run game was partly what opened up the Vikings secondary.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Quite true my friend, but right now the Vikings are done and done ! I hope the Vikings use next years second round draft pick wisely.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
Arron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson
Geronimo!!!
Clay Mathews making a comeback.

Duds
Adams with the butterfingers
Hyde with crap punt fielding.
Rollins
and Randell

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch the ball Devante.
Pass defense is really bad as a whole.
A punter is a need. Schum is not that good.
Rollins is a guy drafted in the 2nd who had no business going there. If he was a 5th rounder I'd be more patient with him because that's what he plays like.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch the ball Devante.
Rollins is a guy drafted in the 2nd who had no business going there. If he was a 5th rounder I'd be more patient with him because that's what he plays like.

Davante did catch the ball...........He scored a TD !

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Man if the Packers defense was a dud what would you say the vikings defense was? The Vikings had 13 points at the under 5 minute mark in the 4th quarter when the game was over. It was not a great yardage game but if the Packers defense is giving up 13 late in games they are going to win a lot.

But honestly why come here just to post a dud. You couldn't find a stud to put on there? Like the Packer's offense that destroyed that elite defense over there. An elite defense playing at full strength too.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Lmao .... while all this may be true... you won't find me in a Viking Forum picking them apart the next time they soundly beat the Packers while they are in a 5 game winning streak.
Sorry if the truth hurts. I have never made any predictions about my team that weren't true. Nor will I make any about the Packers that are not true. Fact is, the Vikings offensive line sucks. The fact that they put up 475 yards against you defense should worry you. They are 30th in the league in offensive yards so far this year. The deference in this game was two turnovers by...................the Vikings offensive line. And if you think that strip sack of Bradford was all Clay Matthews, you should check on the rating of the Vikings left tackle. He is rated as the worst in the league, and is responsible for probably 80% of Bradford's turnovers.

If the Packer's want to go far in the playoffs, assuming they make it, their defense is going to have to get better and get better fast.

And for your information the title of the thread is "Studs and Duds". If you think the Packers Defense was a stud during the game tell me how. BTW, the Packers offense, that stud offense, had 63 yards of offensive production in the second half. They did all their damage in the first half. Maybe you should worry about that as well.

My team, they were done weeks ago. I know the weakness's of my team.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense did not look good early on and to be honest the DB's are pitiful. The whole 2ndary looked off. Even Haha who has been playing well lately did not look good today. I'm glad they won. If it wasn't for Rodgers and Nelson it would have been a much closer game.

As someone said earlier, the running game could not get going at all. Rodgers took what they were giving him.

I'm concerned about next week. Detroit has a pretty good offense and if the defense continues to play like they did today, we may not be able to pull this one off. Oh well. Really enjoyed this game.

Studs:
Rodgers
Nelson
Clay

Duds:
Both CB's
Safeties.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Man if the Packers defense was a dud what would you say the vikings defense was? The Vikings had 13 points at the under 5 minute mark in the 4th quarter when the game was over. It was not a great yardage game but if the Packers defense is giving up 13 late in games they are going to win a lot.

But honestly why come here just to post a dud. You couldn't find a stud to put on there? Like the Packer's offense that destroyed that elite defense over there. An elite defense playing at full strength too.
In the first half, I'll give you that. At the half the Packers had 302 yards of offense, the Vikings had 276. Packers ended up with 348 nets yards, Vikings 446. Now, lets talk about that Packers stud defense and offense in the second half. Full Strength. Like having of our top two DT on injured reserve? Yeah, ok.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I didn't expect my team to win, I expected the Packers to beat them. Soundly. The fact that the Vikings scored as many points as they did and had as many offensive yards should worry Packer fans. We have not had the best offense this year due to injuries. And if the Packer make it to the playoffs, IF the defense doesn't make some changes, you will be one and done. Rodgers cannot carry this team through the playoffs.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch the ball Devante.

I didn't see a single bad punt today.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry if the truth hurts. I have never made any predictions about my team that weren't true. Nor will I make any about the Packers that are not true. Fact is, the Vikings offensive line sucks. The fact that they put up 475 yards against you defense should worry you. They are 30th in the league in offensive yards so far this year. The deference in this game was two turnovers by...................the Vikings offensive line. And if you think that strip sack of Bradford was all Clay Matthews, you should check on the rating of the Vikings left tackle. He is rated as the worst in the league, and is responsible for probably 80% of Bradford's turnovers.

If the Packer's want to go far in the playoffs, assuming they make it, their defense is going to have to get better and get better fast.

And for your information the title of the thread is "Studs and Duds". If you think the Packers Defense was a stud during the game tell me how. BTW, the Packers offense, that stud offense, had 63 yards of offensive production in the second half. They did all their damage in the first half. Maybe you should worry about that as well.

We would also look at the defense during the whole winning streak and see that it's been good throughout it.

Once again, the end of the Vikings game was meaningless as their only goal was to keep the clock moving, which they accomplished. Looking just at the numbers is not a good judge of the game.

The 4th quarter vs the Bears was bad, but that's been about it during the last five games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studette: Sarah Thomas, The Line Judge who took a pretty hard hit. She wanted to stay in the game, but they dragged her into the locker room, taped her up and she finished the game! :coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lol Relax.... I wasn't offended nor do I disagree with anything you have said... I just found it ironic that you were posting it. Further as someone that is here quite often, I think you know that most rational posters in this forum are well aware of these facts as well.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
We would also look at the defense during the whole winning streak and see that it's been good throughout it.

Once again, the end of the Vikings game was meaningless as their only goal was to keep the clock moving, which they accomplished. Looking just at the numbers is not a good judge of the game.

The 4th quarter vs the Bears was bad, but that's been about it during the last five games.
Maybe you should look at how the defense stopped the Vikings in the first half. Wait, they didn't. The Vikings offensive line stopped themselves. A fumble from the snap? A strip sack from Clay that went around the worst left tackle in the league?

The 30th worst offense in the league averaging 311 yards per game, 4.7 yards per play put up 271 net yards and 8.7 yards per play in the first half. If you really think that's good defense, good for you. Or did the Packers defense start the game in prevent mode?