The game vs the Patriots

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, let's look at a few scenarios. We go into the game in 1st place. The good news is that if the Lions beat Chicago on Thanksgiving and things don't go as planned for us next Sunday, we will still share the same record and the showdown at the end of the year gets even closer and bigger. But, let's not even entertain that thought. Let's focus on this:

If Chicago sneaks up and upsets Detroit, then we will either still be up in the division or pull even further ahead with a win on Sunday. Let's pull even further ahead. And I think we can.

We all know what Brady and the Pats are capable of. We all know what we are capable of....especially at home. I think this may be the difference. We have played great at home this year and in a game like this, that extra little bit can be what helps you win.

I'll go:
Patriots: 31
Packers: 34

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I really like how we math up against New England and I have posted this before. I believe we have the talent in the secondary to give them some problems and Brady is an "Iron Deer" back there that I believe we can get pressure on. We need to slow down there running game as that will be a huge key.

On offense like Captain posted I think there D is suspect. If Rodgers is on I really like our chances.

IMO this game comes down to where it is played. If played in New England I give the edge to the Patriots. At Lamebau we get the edge.

Reaction score
That Patriot secondary with Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, etc.. not only that, but up front Rob Ninkovich, Vince Wilfork, Akeem Ayers those guys have been playing lights out .. and have kept everyone including Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford.. whoever, out of the endzone.. T.Y Hilton, Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas.. have been none factors.. I think people forget what the Patriot defense is capable of.. we'll see if the different variations of looks and schemes confuse Aaron Rodgers... interesting matchup... Don't know how people keep forgetting about the Patriot D.. what does it take for their defense to get respect? .. and get this.. OLB Jamie Collins took turns on Calvin Johnson, and shut him down, even dropped an interception while covering Megatron... Will be a GREAT Matchup and a CLASSIC one

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That Patriot secondary with Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, etc.. not only that, but up front Rob Ninkovich, Vince Wilfork, Akeem Ayers those guys have been playing lights out .. and have kept everyone including Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford.. whoever, out of the endzone.. T.Y Hilton, Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas.. have been none factors.. I think people forget what the Patriot defense is capable of.. we'll see if the different variations of looks and schemes confuse Aaron Rodgers... interesting matchup... Don't know how people keep forgetting about the Patriot D.. what does it take for their defense to get respect?

I will go along with Revis and McCourty but Browner is slow. He can be beat and his game relies on D-line getting pressure. Also, they lost Mayo earlier in the season which takes away some of the things they can do. Wilfork is a force in the middle.

I am not saying there D isn't any good but when you look close there are some holes. If they can't get pressure up front on Rodgers then we can move the ball on them and there "front seven" isn't all that scary.

Reaction score
I will go along with Revis and McCourty but Browner is slow. He can be beat and his game relies on D-line getting pressure. Also, they lost Mayo earlier in the season which takes away some of the things they can do. Wilfork is a force in the middle.

I am not saying there D isn't any good but when you look close there are some holes. If they can't get pressure up front on Rodgers then we can move the ball on them and there "front seven" isn't all that scary.
Not sure if you've been watching them the last 6 games.. its a reason why they've been blowing out some of the best teams in football.. One of the main reasons is the defense, and Mayo was lost a while ago. They have linebackers who can not only cover but get tremendous pressure and they have a lot of versatile players along the front and back end who can mix and match. Browner is not as slow as you think, and versed off did a great job vs Calvin Johnson ... his physicality and size makes him a tough matchup and perfect compliment to Revis who looks down on the other side.. Having those guys allows Bill to do a lot of different things on defense.. Against Peyton, Luck and Stafford 7 sacks combined.. from 5 different guys and 4 picks .. actually 5 but one called back for pass interference.. I'm telling you this Patriots defense is for real.. of course the offense can and will score on anybody but my God you are crushing the best teams in the league that has to count for something and that defense has been huge.. And Akeem Ayers is a boss all over the field.. sorry Mayo

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here. Personally, I think Green Bay is going to be very underrated going into this one. Our offense is MUCH more explosive than New England's, and not just because of Rodgers. Our receivers and our running game are, in my opinion, far superior. Containing Gronk will be key, as will be pressuring Brady, but as long as our offensive line continues to play like they are, I really like our chances.

And after this game, our schedule is so easy. Trap games aside, Green Bay has the clearest path to the top seed in my opinion.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here. Personally, I think Green Bay is going to be very underrated going into this one. Our offense is MUCH more explosive than New England's, and not just because of Rodgers. Our receivers and our running game are, in my opinion, far superior. Containing Gronk will be key, as will be pressuring Brady, but as long as our offensive line continues to play like they are, I really like our chances.

And after this game, our schedule is so easy. Trap games aside, Green Bay has the clearest path to the top seed in my opinion.
MUCH more explosive than New Englands?? WTF? 34 Points on the best defense in the game... averaging 40 points a game.. what is wrong with you? Running game far more superior? LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray and Shane Vereen I guess don't matter? Extreme homerism..

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Not sure if you've been watching them the last 6 games.. its a reason why they've been blowing out some of the best teams in football.. One of the main reasons is the defense, and Mayo was lost a while ago. They have linebackers who can not only cover but get tremendous pressure and they have a lot of versatile players along the front and back end who can mix and match. Browner is not as slow as you think, and versed off did a great job vs Calvin Johnson ... his physicality and size makes him a tough matchup and perfect compliment to Revis who looks down on the other side.. Having those guys allows Bill to do a lot of different things on defense.. Against Peyton, Luck and Stafford 7 sacks combined.. from 5 different guys and 4 picks .. actually 5 but one called back for pass interference.. I'm telling you this Patriots defense is for real.. of course the offense can and will score on anybody but my God you are crushing the best teams in the league that has to count for something and that defense has been huge.. And Akeem Ayers is a boss all over the field.. sorry Mayo

I'm not crushing them. I am just not crowning them like you are. I also put Rodgers on a higher level then the three QB's you listed. Browner is slow and has problems against faster smaller guys in space. As long as we contain Edelman were gonna beat the Patriots at Lambeau.

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Please don't tell me you honestly believe Vereen, Gray, and Blount are better than Lacy....because that would be silly. That is in no way a compelling argument. And yes, I believe Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb are better than Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. And have you ever seen Rodgers play in Lambeau? So yes, I do believe they are more explosive.

Reaction score
Just trying to keep it real... when you beat 4 division leaders by 22 points and 25 points routinely, you are doing something right on both sides of the ball.. and remember this was supposed to be the "tough" part of their sch
I'm not crushing them. I am just not crowning them like you are. I also put Rodgers on a higher level then the three QB's you listed. Browner is slow and has problems against faster smaller guys in space. As long as we contain Edelman were gonna beat the Patriots at Lambeau.
Outside of Nelson... once they take him away.. it will be hard for others to get open.. I'm telling you.. sh*t excuse my French but this has to be the best secondary Belichick has had in years.. And you say contain Edelman but you don't mention Gronk (MVP Candidate) and Tim Wright who has 7 TDs the last 6 games

Reaction score
Please don't tell me you honestly believe Vereen, Gray, and Blount are better than Lacy....because that would be silly. That is in no way a compelling argument. And yes, I believe Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb are better than Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. And have you ever seen Rodgers play in Lambeau? So yes, I do believe they are more explosive.
You are an idiot... LeGarrette Blount, have you seen what he did with New England last season? ... Have you seen Vereen out of the backfield receiving? Did you watch Jonas Gray vs the Colts? Look up Edelman's production, especially on 3rd downs.. hell, look up his yards period..

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just trying to keep it real... when you beat 4 division leaders by 22 points and 25 points routinely, you are doing something right on both sides of the ball.. and remember this was supposed to be the "tough" part of their sch

Outside of Nelson... once they take him away.. it will be hard for others to get open.. I'm telling you.. sh*t excuse my French but this has to be the best secondary Belichick has had in years.. And you say contain Edelman but you don't mention Gronk (MVP Candidate) and Tim Wright who has 7 TDs the last 6 games

I mean, you just tried to cite Jonas Gray and Blount as reasons why New England's offense is better than Green Bay, then accused me of "extreme homerism".

Given that you just joined this forum recently (admittedly like myself) I'm betting you are a New England fan.

Reaction score
I mean, you just tried to cite Jonas Gray and Blount as reasons why New England's offense is better than Green Bay, then accused me of "extreme homerism".

Given that you just joined this forum recently (admittedly like myself) I'm betting you are a New England fan.
I BET YOU I'm not.. but I'm also a realist.. something you are not.. what part about New England beating division leaders by 22 points, 22 points, 22 points and Detroit 25 points don't you understand? Gronk didn't even score today and they put up 34 points.. and Detroit has a better defense

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are an idiot... LeGarrette Blount, have you seen what he did with New England last season? ... Have you seen Vereen out of the backfield receiving? Did you watch Jonas Gray vs the Colts? Look up Edelman's production, especially on 3rd downs.. hell, look up his yards period..

Gray had ONE good game. One. Does that make him the best back in the league? And who cares what a player did last year, Blount had 60 yards rushing today...big deal. And Vereen is a fine pass-catcher but so is Lacy, so I'm not really seeing your point. I take Lacy over New England's collection of nobodies any day, and our receiving corp is far deeper.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Why would it be hard for others to get open if they double teamed Nelson?

Apparently Vegas doesn't see it the way you do as were favored by 3.5 and the over is set at 58. The game isn't being played in Foxboro and that is what would be needed IMO for the Partriots to win.

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I BET YOU I'm not.. but I'm also a realist.. something you are not.. what part about New England beating division leaders by 22 points, 22 points, 22 points and Detroit 25 points don't you understand? Gronk didn't even score today and they put up 34 points.. and Detroit has a better defense

What kind of fan wastes their time coming up with reasons why their team is going to lose? I like Green Bay in this match-up just as any Green Bay fan should. Based on how we have been playing, we have a great chance of pulling out a win. Gray and Blount certainly won't change that lol.

Reaction score
Gray had ONE good game. One. Does that make him the best back in the league? And who cares what a player did last year, Blount had 60 yards rushing today...big deal. And Vereen is a fine pass-catcher but so is Lacy, so I'm not really seeing your point. I take Lacy over New England's collection of nobodies any day, and our receiving corp is far deeper.
Nobodies.. I bet opposing teams fans have been saying that about Patriots the last 6 weeks and what are the end results? Have to keep a level head and stay realistic.. Blount had 60 yards but it wasn't against an average D.. actually it was against the #1 rushing defense and he did have a TD.. Lacy is not on the level of pass catching than Vereen, but Lacy is a better runner.. and Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell have been spectacular.. two big reasons why they've been scoring a minimum of 40 points on everybody.. outside of Gronk and Timothy Wright

Reaction score
Why would it be hard for others to get open if they double teamed Nelson?

Apparently Vegas doesn't see it the way you do as were favored by 3.5 and the over is set at 58. The game isn't being played in Foxboro and that is what would be needed IMO for the Partriots to win.
I think Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner can do work in this game.. Not to mention Logan Ryans, Alfonzo Dennard, Devin McCourty, Patrick Chung.. deep deep secondary and alot of options at defensive back... and Outside of Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson... who else?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Does that need to be said? This is THE game of the Packer season.
It's only THE game of the season in fan's mind. in reality it is one of 5 left that we must win. unless we get a two game lead, which is going to be highly unlikely. The game of the season is going to be week 17. Win or lose I don't think it is going to say anything about where we will be a month from now or two months from now. Same goes for the Pat's. The thing I am going to watch in this game is Corey Linsley. This is getting close to the time when Rooks start to hit the wall.

I am confident in our talent to beat the Pat's just as I am confident the Pat's have the talent to beat us. I just hope either way it's a memorable game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Well the Pack is a division leader now. Pats were favored by 7 to beat Detroit. Let's see them beat the Pack by 22 at Lambeau and I will be a believer.

Reaction score
It's only THE game of the season in fan's mind. in reality it is one of 5 left that we must win. unless we get a two game lead, which is going to be highly unlikely. The game of the season is going to be week 17. Win or lose I don't think it is going to say anything about where we will be a month from now or two months from now. Same goes for the Pat's. The thing I am going to watch in this game is Corey Linsley. This is getting close to the time when Rooks start to hit the wall.

I am confident in our talent to beat the Pat's just as I am confident the Pat's have the talent to beat us. I just hope either way it's a memorable game.

Thank you.. that's what I'm saying.. this will be a great game by both.. a great matchup!

Reaction score
Well the Pack is a division leader now. Pats were favored by 7 to beat Detroit. Let's see them beat the Pack by 22 at Lambeau and I will be a believer.
Yeah I guess going into Indy and beating them at home by 22 wouldn't make you a believer.. and they actually had the number 1 rated offense heading into that game.. but ok

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
That Patriot secondary with Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, etc.. not only that, but up front Rob Ninkovich, Vince Wilfork, Akeem Ayers those guys have been playing lights out .. and have kept everyone including Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford.. whoever, out of the endzone.. T.Y Hilton, Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas.. have been none factors.. I think people forget what the Patriot defense is capable of.. we'll see if the different variations of looks and schemes confuse Aaron Rodgers... interesting matchup... Don't know how people keep forgetting about the Patriot D.. what does it take for their defense to get respect? .. and get this.. OLB Jamie Collins took turns on Calvin Johnson, and shut him down, even dropped an interception while covering Megatron... Will be a GREAT Matchup and a CLASSIC one
I hope your right, I hope it's a classic. I will just say the difference between all those things you mention above is Arron Rodgers. He is as smart as Manning but still has the arm to put it in a tight window, he can run and he see's the whole field and can make all the throws. I think the thing that will tip this game one way or the other is going to be how our O line stacks up to the Pat's D line.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts