Studs n duds New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, if the defender even pretends he's playing defense on that play I doubt even that amount of contact gets called. He was way early, it was clear he gave up and took a free shot on someone. Probably made the ball seem more catchable to the ref :)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, if the defender even pretends he's playing defense on that play I doubt even that amount of contact gets called. He was way early, it was clear he gave up and took a free shot on someone. Probably made the ball seem more catchable to the ref :)
In that case the penalty could have been for roughing or hitting a defenseless receiver. Personal foul. But yeah, if the hit comes way early, the ref is going to think the receiver might have been able to get to it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't go to the head so doubt they'd call that on that play in particular.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I frequently stuggle to understand your logic in such matters. Anyway, I see your warning but cannot search on the Captain's posts. Evidently the site prevents that when a guy is suspended (or booted permanently?).

There were others who ignored your warning in the posts right after yours. Were they warned or suspended?

That said, "my way or the highway" is certainly within your prerogatives.
Couldnt be more wrong..Ive explained it a few times. Posted the rule as why and what.

You have had this convo before with other mods. We wont get you to understand, so think what you want..

As far as im concerned I am done trying to explain. You made up your mind, even if its wrong.

H

HardRightEdge

I see quite a few pass interference penalties when the ball is uncatchable. They just don't call it very often. I think they have decided to always give the benefit of the doubt to the receiver. Or almost always.
I see now what you're getting at. I disagree as to the frequency of one call or the other. Regardless, the rule is clear and there isn't any room for interpretation in this case. The ref's angle may have led him to believe otherwise but that does not make it a correct call. If PI could be challenged as was the case during 2019, I'm quite confident that call would be overruled. The Packers got a break.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, Lazard, Z. Smith. The OL
Quasi-Dud: The defense at times. In particular on Kamara's run. No one could tackle him.

The way that Kamara was running all over the field, I thought it would be a shoot-out and I wasn't thinking positively about the outcome. Oh me of little faith. The Hill fumble was the turning point of the game. When he was sitting next to Brees on the sideline, it looked like Brees didn't want to have anything to do with him. I felt kinda bad for him...well not really but he helped out his old team and I thank him for it.

The offense was hot again. Lazard is definitely our #2. I been expecting MVS to get the long balls and was surprised to see that it was Lazard. I'm not sure how many yards Jones got but between him and Williams the run game kept going.

I am not one to mention the refs, but they seemed to be definitely on our side for a change. A couple of those penalties against the Saints, IMO were not fouls.

3-0. So far they have not been ugly wins, they have been dominant wins. Go Pack Go
I've been wondering why Lazard is getting more targets than MVS. I think it's kinda simple. Lazard is a better route runner and better at pulling in a pass. My hope is that MVS overcomes this soon, given his ability to get downfield fast. MVS is certainly better this year, but I won't say he's got a #3 WR position locked up yet - even though it's his for the taking.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol!.
Again wrong..if true many people would been booted

;):tup:
Hi LTF. Why did Capt Wimm get booted? I put him on my ignore list a long time ago. He was irritating but did provide a lot of useful facts, he'd just never accept it when he was wrong. Even though he wouldn't win any personality contests, I was surprised to hear he got the boot. Thanks LTF. Go Packers!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi LTF. Why did Capt Wimm get booted? I put him on my ignore list a long time ago. He was irritating but did provide a lot of useful facts, he'd just never accept it when he was wrong. Even though he wouldn't win any personality contests, I was surprised to hear he got the boot. Thanks LTF. Go Packers!
I posted it a few times

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me again what MVS has accomplished as he enters his 3rd year? If MVS is one of our two most explosive players, we're in trouble.

He's a starter on one of the best offenses in the league. He's not a super star, but he plays a specific, important role on the offense.

If he isn't in there, who's stretching the field? If all MVS gets is go routes, and that's been about all he's gotten, and he catches half of them, that's a huge threat for a defense! It has to be accounted for every time he's on the field. He's a huge reason Lazard was even open down field. Not all of his contributions show up on the box score.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wanted to talk about one dud play imo by Tonyon (who I am very happy to see getting involved). I was re-watching and on the first TD pass to Lazard; Lazard was going left to right in the middle of the end zone. And Tonyan was going out for a short pass in the right side of the field. Thing is, while Tonyon was going out for his pass...1. he was tightly covered but 2. There was a New Orleans linebacker coming in to rush Rodgers, a free run at him. Well Tonyon did not know Lazard was open, but he did know the rusher had a free run at ARod and that he would not be open, and still he sidestepped the pass rusher and just let him go. If Lazard had not been wide open; the linebacker could have sacked him. Tonyon imo should have broke off his route which was covered anyway, and blocked the guy. Then Rodgers would have had a lot of time. Just an example of when a receiver should cut off his route as called and do something that significantly could affect the play. All in all loved the way the TEs played. It looks like all three have good hands.
At the time he had to make the call, the covering LB had not cleared the traffic. If he had blocked, Wouldn't #47 assigned to him drop back into the passing lane? None of the twenty-two players on the field at that instant were outside the hashmark on that side. Tonyan was going out to be the hot read.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Capt knows the language very well
I frequently stuggle to understand your logic in such matters. Anyway, I see your warning but cannot search on the Captain's posts. Evidently the site prevents that when a guy is suspended (or booted permanently?).

There were others who ignored your warning in the posts right after yours. Were they warned or suspended?

That said, "my way or the highway" is certainly within your prerogatives.
people have history. Some people are chronic. I fully understand LTF’s position. It’s best to cut some stuff before it gets really bad.

tip my cap to the mods for keeping this place sane.

H

HardRightEdge

people have history. Some people are chronic. I fully understand LTF’s position. It’s best to cut some stuff before it gets really bad.

tip my cap to the mods for keeping this place sane.
There's a certain randomness to it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be unfortunate for us to disagree with each other and express it. Not very message board like, but...ya know...;)
I don't mind if two people disagree. But they should agree to disagree and move on. This IS a forum for opinion, but not a forum where everyone expects to get the last word. The moderator did his job well here.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the time he had to make the call, the covering LB had not cleared the traffic. If he had blocked, Wouldn't #47 assigned to him drop back into the passing lane? None of the twenty-two players on the field at that instant were outside the hashmark on that side. Tonyan was going out to be the hot read.
While he might get into the passing lane; he was too far from both Rodgers and Lazard to do anything imo. But I guess that's a possibility. It could have been a tougher pass. The question for me was what if the guy covering Lazard could actually cover him. Then where does Rodgers go? But I'll have to look at it again as far as Tonyan blocking the rusher.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see now what you're getting at. I disagree as to the frequency of one call or the other. Regardless, the rule is clear and there isn't any room for interpretation in this case. The ref's angle may have led him to believe otherwise but that does not make it a correct call. If PI could be challenged as was the case during 2019, I'm quite confident that call would be overruled. The Packers got a break.

I agree. I was surprised at that penalty. I don't remember the refs throwing the flag in the past for an 'uncatchable' pass. Did something changeI?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been wondering why Lazard is getting more targets than MVS. I think it's kinda simple. Lazard is a better route runner and better at pulling in a pass. My hope is that MVS overcomes this soon, given his ability to get downfield fast. MVS is certainly better this year, but I won't say he's got a #3 WR position locked up yet - even though it's his for the taking.

It's my understanding that MVS had extra coverage and that's why they were using Lazard. Irregardless, great play on his part. Quite honestly they have missed quite often in the past. So now I'm surprised when the long ball is caught.:)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind if two people disagree. But they should agree to disagree and move on. This IS a forum for opinion, but not a forum where everyone expects to get the last word. The moderator did his job well here.
Oct of 2014 ..yes 2014.
Capt and another poster were warned for same exact thing as the recent issues...
what's funny is 2014 and even last year? A convo between he and I about same exact issue, he said ill abide by the rules

He broke the rule listed in the rule section and didnt listen to the post to ignore.

he has many years of warnings and he knows the rules..he has been here long damn time. He knew consenqunce

Hre your on ignore..im not wrong. This is a rule and I decided he broke it and he had to deal with consenqunce

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That's not what I meant, boss. But it doesn't matter.

Do you think the "Boss" jibes are helping here ? It`s in the rules, and he ignored the rule. There is more goes on than first appears on here bud. Just saying.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oct of 2014 ..yes 2014.
Capt and another poster were warned for same exact thing as the recent issues...

what's funny is 2014 and even last year? A convo between he and I about same exact issue, he said ill abide by the rules

He broke the rule listed in the rule section and didnt listen to the post to ignore.

he has many years of warnings and he knows the rules..he has been here long damn time. He knew consenqunce

Hre your on ignore..im not wrong. This is a rule and I decided he broke it and he had to deal with consenqunce
Well, you are doing a fine job!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh wow, Captain is gone for good? Damn. I feel like we've lost a family member on here. Dude's been here for years.

Captain and I have had a few battles on here every now and then, in truth I enjoyed going back and forth with him. While he is certainly a good debater, he is stubborn to a fault to the point where it does seem like he wants to be right and have the last word.

I love a good intense debate as the next guy, but if the mods tell you to stop, then it would behoove you to stop while you're ahead. I mean you've guys seen me act a fool plenty, (I'm not afraid to admit that I have) but when they told me to stop, I did. We have mods here for a reason, which is essentially to keep the peace here.

We all know that the world could come crumbling around him and Captain would never back off his points, even if they didn't necessarily make sense at times. If he is truly banned for good, he will be missed, it was fun debating him, but chances are he brought it on himself.

LTF imo is one of the most chill and rational guys here, and if he chose to do this, it was with serious thought, let's not give him flak because he did what he thought was best.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My 2 cents.......

I appreciate that the Mods do what they do and overall do a good job. So thank you Mods. No I don't want your job and no I am not trying to be overly critical with the following.

That said, I wonder if maybe mods should do their "modding" strictly in private with offenders. Maybe some private warnings are happening and we just don't see it. However, if there is a combo of private and public messages, it gets confusing to all of us, which I think is clearly happening with this situation. In this situation, I see a a mod giving a warning of a timeout to two people if they don't stop. Then both parties come back, each with a snipe. Moderator comes back and only 1 party gets....."banned/time-outed"??? None of us seem to know which, if its a lifetime or a week ban.

Personally, I think all the "public modding" is confusing and more importantly, creating nothing but drama, keep it in private. If you want Shaggy to create a "ban list" with an explanation as to why someone is banned, so be it. But stop doing dirty laundry in the threads, nobody likes public shaming.

Again.....my 2 cents....ban me if you must for doing so. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.