Studs n duds New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh wow, Captain is gone for good? Damn. I feel like we've lost a family member on here. Dude's been here for years.

Captain and I have had a few battles on here every now and then, in truth I enjoyed going back and forth with him. While he is certainly a good debater, he is stubborn to a fault to the point where it does seem like he wants to be right and have the last word.

I love a good intense debate as the next guy, but if the mods tell you to stop, then it would behoove you to stop while you're ahead. I mean you've guys seen me act a fool plenty, (I'm not afraid to admit that I have) but when they told me to stop, I did. We have mods here for a reason, which is essentially to keep the peace here.

We all know that the world could come crumbling around him and Captain would never back off his points, even if they didn't necessarily make sense at times. If he is truly banned for good, he will be missed, it was fun debating him, but chances are he brought it on himself.

LTF imo is one of the most chill and rational guys here, and if he chose to do this, it was with serious thought, let's not give him flak because he did what he thought was best.
I think that was the problem Do7. Cap just didn't know when to quit. He never admitted he was wrong, or at least not in my memory. As for the Mods describing a situation where someone (anyone) got the boot is to emphasize that 1. there are rules for behavior, and 2. consequences if the rules aren't followed. The mods have a tough job. I'm grateful they're here so we can keep the back and forth civil.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who said he was gone for good?

Again...read my explanation in it..it has been posted in the reply to him

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said he was gone for good?

Again...read my explanation in it..it has been posted in the reply to him
My bad, when I hear the word ban, I always got the impression that it meant gone for good. My bad.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My 2 cents.......

I appreciate that the Mods do what they do and overall do a good job. So thank you Mods. No I don't want your job and no I am not trying to be overly critical with the following.

That said, I wonder if maybe mods should do their "modding" strictly in private with offenders. Maybe some private warnings are happening and we just don't see it. However, if there is a combo of private and public messages, it gets confusing to all of us, which I think is clearly happening with this situation. In this situation, I see a a mod giving a warning of a timeout to two people if they don't stop. Then both parties come back, each with a snipe. Moderator comes back and only 1 party gets....."banned/time-outed"??? None of us seem to know which, if its a lifetime or a week ban.

Personally, I think all the "public modding" is confusing and more importantly, creating nothing but drama, keep it in private. If you want Shaggy to create a "ban list" with an explanation as to why someone is banned, so be it. But stop doing dirty laundry in the threads, nobody likes public shaming.

Again.....my 2 cents....ban me if you must for doing so. :D
Dante didnt do a snip back after I asked to ignore and stop..

capt did..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dante didnt do a snip back after I asked to ignore and stop..

capt did..

Again, you are the Mod and maybe you have more posts that I don't see, public or private. I see your post #119 and then post #121 and #122, with you once again stepping in and what appears to be laying the hammer on both guys in #123.

You both let this ego trip spill into other areas and its not happening any longer

I'm not trying to debate what you did, you earned that decision by being Mod. I'm just looking at all the confusion as to what happened and was trying to point out why some are confused as well as a possible future solution to avoid the confusion next time. Even up until a few posts, I think most of us felt that you "banned" Captain, which to me is forever. If you just put him in a timeout for X Days....then say that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, you are the Mod and maybe you have more posts that I don't see, public or private. I see your post #119 and then post #121 and #122, with you once again stepping in and what appears to be laying the hammer on both guys in #123.

I'm not trying to debate what you did, you earned that decision by being Mod. I'm just looking at all the confusion as to what happened and was trying to point out why some are confused as well as a possible future solution to avoid the confusion next time. Even up until a few posts, I think most of us felt that you "banned" Captain, which to me is forever. If you just put him in a timeout for X Days....then say that.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I was surprised at that penalty. I don't remember the refs throwing the flag in the past for an 'uncatchable' pass. Did something changeI?
OK...last time. Nobody throws a flag for an uncatchable ball. If they call pass interference and the ball was clearly uncatchable; they are suppose to "call" it an uncatchable ball and then there is no pass interference penalty. But I say that they rarely call the ball uncatchable. Even when it obviously is. They give the receiver "superman" abilities. That is my joke. Ha Ha.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record I read the post and assumed it was a 1 week ban.. I was confused about why I see exactly one response after the final warning from EACH participant, and yet Only Captain was banned.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Absolutely no confusion here. I saw ALL the public posts. Very clear to me that it was a one week ban. Completely understand the reasoning behind banning one but not the other. Imo, ref made the right call. Most importantly, none of us know what was said privately nor should we. The mods have earned my respect.

Btw, I was once banned for a week about 5-6 years ago I think. Didn’t take it personally and probably deserved it though I don’t remember the details at all.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind if two people disagree. But they should agree to disagree and move on. This IS a forum for opinion, but not a forum where everyone expects to get the last word. The moderator did his job well here.
He's a starter on one of the best offenses in the league. He's not a super star, but he plays a specific, important role on the offense.

If he isn't in there, who's stretching the field? If all MVS gets is go routes, and that's been about all he's gotten, and he catches half of them, that's a huge threat for a defense! It has to be accounted for every time he's on the field. He's a huge reason Lazard was even open down field. Not all of his contributions show up on the box score.

Upon further review, I rewatched the game and mvs. He drew a penalty on a likely touchdown. He had a respectable game. Last week I complained about sternberger, and he has a nice game. Maybe mvs will do the same this week following my criticism. I'm quite sure the players all read what I write..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upon further review, I rewatched the game and mvs. He drew a penalty on a likely touchdown. He had a respectable game. Last week I complained about sternberger, and he has a nice game. Maybe mvs will do the same this week following my criticism. I'm quite sure the players all read what I write..
keep critiquing until the magic wears off :)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record I read the post and assumed it was a 1 week ban.. I was confused about why I see exactly one response after the final warning from EACH participant, and yet Only Captain was banned.
This is where people are confused..

Ive said it already.

Go back and look at dantes reply after I said stop and note the time (hint he wasnt snide, didnt call out capt or was disrespectful to him, and the time was really close to me saying drop it)

Then go look at capt reply and time. ( Imo, called out dante again, disrespectful and had a long time to digest what I had said)

Again, there have been convos between capt and I about this exact issue in the past. And he said I dont like using ignore, but would do it to keep peace.

I made the call...now everyone one should understand where I am coming from..

I shouldnt have to explain...we are all individuals and have different opinions, sometimes we agree and sometimes we dont

Again, if this was a power trip, lot of people would been gone long ago.

ive always....always....asked for other mods input on such matters..go and ask any mod how many times called on them FOR THEM to decide...this time I felt it was enough..again, he and I had this convo more than once and it was apparent he forget our convos in the past.

If anyone feels they want to change our mod policy feel free to say I want to be a mod...We could add you on

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ive said it already.

Go back and look at dantes reply after I said stop and note the time (hint he wasnt snide, didnt call out capt or was disrespectful to him, and the time was really close to me saying drop it)

Then go look at capt reply and time. ( Imo, called out dante again, disrespectful and had a long time to digest what I had said)

Again, there have been convos between capt and I about this exact issue in the past. And he said I dont like using ignore, but would do it to keep peace.

I shouldnt have to explain...we are all individuals and have different opinions, sometimes we agree and sometimes we dont

ive always....always....asked for other mods input on such matters..go and ask any mod how many times called on them FOR THEM to decide...this time I felt it was enough..again, he and I had this convo more than once and it was apparent he forget our convos in the past.

If anyone feels they want to change our mod policy feel free to say I want to be a mod...We could add you on

Question: Can moderators be put on ignore?

If they cannot, sign me up!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They cant be..but we can ignore posters
Lol, I tried to once upon a time and of course failed.

Ignore: I had at least 4 members (I’ll let you guess who) on ignore for about 3 or 4 years until recently when I found out accidentally that as a result, I was completely missing out on some threads. That caused me some consternation but I Also forgot how to “unignore” someone until recently I accidentally figured that out. Besides that, it was a pain following context of some threads unless I clicked on the “show ignored” option.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have used the ignore feature on occasion, I have even put Captain on ignore once lol... That being said I do think he is asset to the forum. The real problem with the ignore feature is that like what Pikebadger mentioned, you end up missing vital parts of a conversation and then either have to go back and read the ignored content, or risk saying something completely redundant or otherwise stupid in a thread lol.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ive said it already.

I understand your point, and do agree that the tone of Dante’s final reply was much tamer than Captain’s. I would point out that the timing part is a bit ambiguous. Remember that Captain is in Austria, and often doesn’t see this stuff during our normal daytime hours. I know that I will very often hit the reply button on a post without reading what has been said by others further down the thread. While i have know idea if that is what happened here, it is possible that Wimm replied to Dante before reading your last warning. In any case, I am not challenging your decision... just trying to add insight into the way I and perhaps others use the forum.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that I will very often hit the reply button on a post without reading what has been said by others further down the thread.
Do that but don't submit. Go back to continue reading the thread. Keep replying or quoting without submitting until you are all the way thru.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ive said it already.

You're right LTF, you shouldn't have to explain. I give you credit for shedding light on what happened, and hopefully it will be a teachable moment for the rest of us.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Look, I am clearly not the objective third party here, but I do just need to say something with all of the questions coming the way of @longtimefan .

I was in a back and forth with Captain. He and I were going at it pretty good. I had no desire for him to be banned. But LongTime didn't want our spat to dominate all of the threads in the forum. That's his prerogative, and frankly a good call.

When he told us to drop it, I replied and said "sounds good" and did not reply to Captain again. I may have talked to other posters about similar topics, but I let it go with Captain, and that's just a fact.

Captain didn't. Again-- I had no desire for him to be banned and didn't feel like he was out of line, but that's not my business. He chose to respond again well after we were both asked to let it go. I don't think he was ruder than me or more aggressive than me or anything like that. It's simply the case that one of us stopped when asked and the other didn't.

So as far as unequal treatment on the part of the moderator, that's simply not true.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I keep catching comments about the "Ignore" feature here and HAVE to say something too.
The moderators have to regularly point to the rules of the forum which were discussed with the previous owner AND the present one too. LTF did not just make up these rules himself, they were discussed as a team to what the owner wanted, so I`m sorry guys but they are the frigging rules. Yes, every one of the mods has at some time been a bit trigger happy, (Myself included in that statement) but behind the scenes warnings are given and all mods are usually involved in the conversation....that`s a moderator rule, yes !! they have rules too.
If a moderator advises someone to use the ignore button and a member decides they don`t WANT to use it, what else can they do but take action ????
All you have to do at a point is "agree to disagree" and move on. Some people can`t do it okay, but you can`t really complain if they have to take action.
My two cents worth ! Have a good evening.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When he told us to drop it, I replied and said "sounds good" and did not reply to Captain again. I may have talked to other posters about similar topics, but I let it go with Captain, and that's just a fact.

Or....you simply wanted the last word and tried to do it in what you felt was a nice way and thus it would be overlooked?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Or....you simply wanted the last word and tried to do it in what you felt was a nice way and thus it would be overlooked?

I was asked by a mod to let it go with Captain. I replied with “sounds good” and then did not reply to any more of his posts. I still have not.

He was given the same instruction, and made a different choice.

I continue to discuss topics of interest that are being batted around on this forum, that other posters are discussing. That’s why I’m here.

Can you counter any of that, or are you just throwing out conspiracy theories?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was asked by a mod to let it go with Captain. I replied with “sounds good” and then did not reply to any more of his posts. I still have not.

He was given the same instruction, and made a different choice.

I continue to discuss topics of interest that are being batted around on this forum, that other posters are discussing. That’s why I’m here.

Can you counter any of that, or are you just throwing out conspiracy theories?

Actually no, you did not just say that. Below is what you said after you were told to stop. Like I said, you may not have been attempting to do anything but get the last word in, but you did not stop as you were asked to.

I'll simply say this and leave it alone.

The Lions are going to be pass happy as long as their defense can't keep them in games. And all but one or two teams every year are going to throw the ball more than they run the ball.

But you don't hire Matt Patricia and Darrell Bevell because you're trying to be among the league leaders in passing %. And you don't spend two 2nd round picks on running backs in three years because you're trying to be among the league leaders in passing %. And you don't sign Adrian Peterson off the street because you're trying to be among the league leaders in passing %.

They were balanced last week until they fell behind. Their moves have signaled that that's who they want to be. But it isn't who they're going to be most of the time because the opponent is going to be running the score up on them with regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts