Game 3 - New Orleans - Studs and Duds

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I saw continued improvement and good things being said about him from the coaching staff.
I guess I'm going to have to again clarify my position on rookies and draft picks. I don't want to see what we're seeing this year, which is too many rookies and 2nd year players playing too many snaps. I do not want my GM drafting a player to fill a starter position currently needed. That's what free agency is for. I want my GM drafting the best available talent that fits the team's concepts.
When you lose Aaron Rodgers, Mason Crosby and Big Dog, you are going to get a lot younger. I am fine with all the young players and think Gute was smart to get cap healthy and not spend much on Free Agents for 2023. While the Packers are playing better than I expected, this isn't a SB caliber team and I don't think a FA signing or two would have changed that.

Moving forward into 2024, if the Packers youngsters turn out to be legit, Gute would be justified and should be in a friendlier cap position, to go after free agents.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw continued improvement and good things being said about him from the coaching staff.
I guess I'm going to have to again clarify my position on rookies and draft picks. I don't want to see what we're seeing this year, which is too many rookies and 2nd year players playing too many snaps. I do not want my GM drafting a player to fill a starter position currently needed. That's what free agency is for. I want my GM drafting the best available talent that fits the team's concepts.
Except when you pay top dollar to elite QBs who then request a trade, your salary cap is hamstrung for several years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When you lose Aaron Rodgers, Mason Crosby and Big Dog, you are going to get a lot younger. I am fine with all the young players and think Gute was smart to get cap healthy and not spend much on Free Agents for 2023. While the Packers are playing better than I expected, this isn't a SB caliber team and I don't think a FA signing or two would have changed that.

Moving forward into 2024, if the Packers youngsters turn out to be legit, Gute would be justified and should be in a friendlier cap position, to go after free agents.
Nope

Because a different pick other than Love may have got a wr to win the SB

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you don't get banned for that post. I believe a moderator said anyone bringing up the Love pick or who should have been picked instead would be in for a timeout. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Would have been interesting HAD that towel hit the ball and it sailed off course.

Can you throw your own towel, helmet or a shoe at the ball? :coffee:
If so, expect some type of butterfly net gloves for WR. In baseball I don't think you can throw your glove into the air to knock the ball down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you don't get banned for that post. I believe a moderator said anyone bringing up the Love pick or who should have been picked instead would be in for a timeout. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Want to be a ****

Keep it up

I've kept my mouth shut for ever around here

Some of you better get used to this

If you seriously think this was a serious post. God help you

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes and remember that it is early. I think last season we were 3-1 and then we went into hibernation.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
umm I thought that was a forbidden subject?
As I told someone else, if you can't see I am being a smart *** then I can't help you

Certain posters wouldn't stop it and very serious it was wrong draft choice

If you feel the same are similar then fine

I'll stop posting for a week

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I told someone else, if you can't see I am being a smart *** then I can't help you

I can't speak for the other poster, but if you can't see that I was being a smart .......................you
Man we need a sarcasm button.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I fully understood your sarcasm… even agree with it to some extent… That being said as you know, I don’t like a moderator arbitrarily deciding what subjects are allowed simply because you happen to be tired of it. I didn’t like it when you did it, but I abided by it. So… joking or not, it doesn‘t play well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just re-watched the game on NFL Network. Man...exciting! The D line I thought played good. But I have another stud. The color guy, Jonathon Vilma. He was very good. In fact I'll give that team a stud. Kenny Albert and Jonathon Vilma.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Depends, some people look like morons or fools on a pretty regular basis imo. I chalk it up to lack of keyboard discipline.
I chalk it up to not having enough information and just over-reacting to over-react. I can't tell you how many times I have been wrong about a player, a team decision, etc. but it has been many times. I don't mind being wrong or admitting to being wrong
Nah, sarcasm is usually detecting a persons tone of voice. A sarcasm emoji of some kind would be good.:rolleyes:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I tend to use this emoji to mean sarcasm. :coffee:

Reminded me of all the sarcastic Kermit memes.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or assuming common sense is an either/or thing instead of a gradient?
Exactly. Sarcasm can be extremely subtle or meant to hit your target smack dab in the face. Knowing your audience is important too. We've all met that person, that seemed to be born without a funny bone in their body. Not pointing to anyone on the forum with that. For the most part, I think a large percentage of the posters here have a decent sense of humor.